• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Placeholders (1 Viewer)

sirkenshin

RedCents
494¢
My 108 war/clr/enc/mag/wiz/wiz is trying to fight named monsters in Frontier Mountains for gear upgrades. I read about the Western Sarnak Camp and a named Flamewarden Zev`ran. Looking it up on Alla it shows that it has placeholders in 2 fort locations named a Syldon neophyte. Do I need to kill all a Syldon neophyte for a chance of Flamewarden Zev`ran to Spawn? I was also wondering if there is a way for Spawnmaster to assist with locating placeholders.

Thank you for your continued advise.

My 108 war/clr/enc/mag/wiz/wiz is trying to fight named monsters in Frontier Mountains for gear upgrades. I read about the Western Sarnak Camp and a named Flamewarden Zev`ran. Looking it up on Alla it shows that it has placeholders in 2 fort locations named a Syldon neophyte. Do I need to kill all a Syldon neophyte for a chance of Flamewarden Zev`ran to Spawn? I was also wondering if there is a way for Spawnmaster to assist with locating placeholders.

Howdy Sirkenshin

Yup, looks like you need to kill the Syldon neophyte and an experimental behemoth to spawn Flamewarden

INI:
Flamewarden Zev`ran

[LIST]
[*]Named sarnak
[*]PH: a Syldon neophyte, an experimental behemoth
[*]Click here for named location shown on zone map!
[*]Loot:
[LIST]
[*]Amorphous Cohort's Boots
[*]Amorphous Cohort's Breastplate
[*]Amorphous Cohort's Gauntlets
[*]Amorphous Cohort's Leggings
[*]Amorphous Cohort's Wristguard
[*]Zev'ran's Bauble of Might
[/LIST]
[*]Spells / abilities:
[LIST]
[*]Flame Column - 120k target AE DD
[*]Various wizard spells
[/LIST]
[/LIST]

HERE is a list of all the EoK named spawns

Here is a detailed list of the spawns and the PHS

You can definitely use Mq2spawnmaster to keep track of nameds and such

INI:
/spawnmaster on|off - Toggles SpawnMaster plugin on or off
/spawnmaster add \"spawn name\" - Add spawn name to watch list (or target if no name given)
/spawnmaster delete \"spawn name\" - Delete spawn name from watch list (or target if no name given)
/spawnmaster list - Display watch list for zone
/spawnmaster uplist - Display any mobs on watch list that are currently up
/spawnmaster downlist - Display any watched mobs that have died or despawned
/spawnmaster load - Load spawns from INI

Personally I like to use MySEQ to keep track of spawns (i use another monitor so easy life)

That particular named has an extremely low chance to spawn. You're on the right track, any spawn location with neophytes can spawn this named. He can also spawn at any of the sarnak forts along the Western edge of the zone. If you're trying to do hunter achievement, just keep at it and eventually it will spawn. If you're trying to get a particular drop from him (priest 2HB or shield aug), I would not bother.

Wow that definitely is a lot of work for a chance to get Flamewarden Zev`ran. I'll look for other named targets for Amorphous Cohort's Armor drops :)

I would do the smaller, middle sarnak fort and that guy would spawn all the time. Don’t get too down about it.

I would do the smaller, middle sarnak fort and that guy would spawn all the time. Don’t get too down about it.
yeah its still decent xp and other loots, and a pretty casual camp as far as difficulty - definitely worth doing if you're trying to get that kill

Question - Placeholders

Users who are viewing this thread

Back