• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - paypal

RedCents
478¢
I have tried googling Paypal trying to see what i need to do to make an account and keep getting the runaround. For clarification could I get the following answers from someone? Do I have to purchase a card to have an account or can i make one online without it? Are all cards the same? Do they have restrictions and can they all be linked with a debit card? Can I put the exact amount I'm going to use on it and toss in the trash? I swear this info should be searchable.

RedCents
5,782¢
I have tried googling Paypal trying to see what i need to do to make an account and keep getting the runaround. For clarification could I get the following answers from someone? Do I have to purchase a card to have an account or can i make one online without it? Are all cards the same? Do they have restrictions and can they all be linked with a debit card? Can I put the exact amount I'm going to use on it and toss in the trash? I swear this info should be searchable.
PayPal has no requirement for having or getting a card through them. That sounds like you're clicking on a PayPal credit card offer, which isn't the same thing as opening a PayPal account. You (or anyone else, really) can register a PayPal account online and then link a debit or credit card or checking account to it in order to pay payments for stuff.

RedCents
358¢
You must be at least 18 (maybe 16) years of age or older I believe as well. I tried to sign up my kids and it didn't work because they are to young.

RedCents
6,233¢
In case you're curious as to "well then how do they make money" bit. In my case dealing with transaction from my plugins if a user sends me $20 payment for MQ2BerZerker for example, I incur a fee by paypal where they get a little less than $1 of the money is in the USA, or a little more than $1 if outside the USA.

If interested in being able to send money among friends without incurring a fee yourself or by the recipient you would have to send "friends and family". However it should be noted that sending this way does prevent you from receiving "Buyer protection" where in the event that the transaction doesn't goes as planned you can contest the charge. With friends and family it is considered a gift, and by not incurring a fee you forfeit the right to contest the charge under the buyer protection.

Setting up an account is pretty straight forward by following the on screen instructions. As far as linking goes, I personally have it linked directly to my bank account so that I can transfer money out of paypal without incurring a fee. If you only link a debit card and intend to pull money OUT of paypal, you will incur a fee by sending it to the card.

When using paypal with an account or card linked you can utilize paypal for transactions on supported websites, even if there is no balance on your paypal, so long as it is linked to your bank account or card. The caveat being that you get directed to paypal to log in and agree to the transaction prior the funds being sent. I tend to utilize this type of purchase for buying DBCash, games from Steam when they are on sale etc.

If you have more questions that require clarification let me know. I might be able to assist.

RedCents
478¢
In case you're curious as to "well then how do they make money" bit. In my case dealing with transaction from my plugins if a user sends me $20 payment for MQ2BerZerker for example, I incur a fee by paypal where they get a little less than $1 of the money is in the USA, or a little more than $1 if outside the USA. If you have more questions that require clarification let me know. I might be able to assist.
Is this there website. https://www.paypal.com/us/home