• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • EverQuest (live servers) were patched today and MacroQuest developers are putting in time for their own update. Please show them your appreciation. Per brainiac, ETA is 12am EST (from 11pm)

Question - pally or warrior (1 Viewer)

RedCents
169¢
ok so I have a cleric and a rogue atm wanting to add a real tank. I've played SK for years so I know what they are capable of, warrior about 1 year.... never played a pal.
my question is will a Pally's survival be on par with a warrior? same gear and aa count. my cleric is on point.

Pally. Warriors have the better disc but require more healing when they're not available.

I have all 3 in COV T3 gear with max AAs and SK is my favorite because of epic but all my PL groups use 3 paladins because TOV was heavy undead.

Last edited:
I also have all 3 Tanks, and prefer SK,
1. Pally in ToV has the best DPS
2. If using an auto mac and the Pally is Tank and Puller , it survives as it can heal itself until root, snare etc breaks. Warrior and often times the SK will die if not in range of the group healer.
3. Pally can get away with not having a second group healer in groups that are not advanced along.

So overall it has some benefits if you are looking to try it out.

I would think a pally requires a bit more attention than a warrior. If your looking for just a meat shield maybe a warrior or SK. My main is a pally so maybe I’m a bit bias.

If you want to auto pull with a pally, make sure to setup a MQ2React to cast radiant cure / purification when rooted or snared.

ok so I have a cleric and a rogue atm wanting to add a real tank. I've played SK for years so I know what they are capable of, warrior about 1 year.... never played a pal.
my question is will a Pally's survival be on par with a warrior? same gear and aa count. my cleric is on point.

Warrior, Rogue, Cleric is a pretty perfect team. Just add a bard or enchanter and you've got the basis for a powerful box crew.

Question - pally or warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

Back