• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Pally/Bard ini Questions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
162¢
Hello I am about 2 months into Very Vanilla and this is amazing so far got a few basic questions on my ini files on a couple classes I play a full group.
Pally/sham/bst/zerker/bard/mage.
Currently I am pulling/tanking with Pally cause my bard is only 106 and under geared. I would like to expand my Camp Radius as I am running out of mobs.
What would be recommended and is this the right way of changing it or is there something under mq2nav?
CampRadius=100
CampRadiusExceed=450

next up my bard ini also using kissassist when I pull 3-4mobs on pally the bard catches agro cause I am on my medtwist.. I have tried adjusting the twist a few times and adjusting the assist from 98 to 95% still have the same issue.
TwistOn=1
TwistMed=9
TwistWhat=7 9
I am also realizing when I do have agro on he bard he is not using Fading Memories under my [agro] what could I adjust for this to start poping off?
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
AggroSize=2
Aggro1=Fading Memories|80|>
Aggro2=Shield of Notes|90|>
Aggro3=Hymn of the Last Stand|95|>
Aggro4=NULL
any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.

The camp radius would really be up to you. Each zone will be different for every user based on killing speeds, pulling speed, etc. There isn't a specific answer. You will have to increase it as much as you want until you feel comfortable with it.

The twist at %, the information you provided has nothing that we can look at (I believe). It would be better if you posted you're entire INI.

On the aggro the same thing as above, not really enough information to tell us because it looks like the ini is using conditionals in it. Without seeing the conditions, there isn't much I could try and help with. I know its not set until 80% to use fading memories, and I can only guess the |> means to use it if the bard us above 80% health, so if the few hits, if your bard is going below 80% it wouldn't fire Fading Memories.

I could be wrong on all of this and somebody with more knowledge might be able to help you out with just the information you provided.

[General]
KissAssistVer=11.005
TwistOn=1
TwistMed=9
TwistWhat=7 9
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=20
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1|90
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
EQBCOn=1
DanNetOn=0
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Bard|105|GOLD
DefaultUI=TRUE
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
TwistOn=1
TwistMed=Mana song gem
TwistWhat=9
XTSlot=1
[Spells]
MiscGem=8
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
CastingInterruptOn=0
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=20
Buffs1=Aura of Va'ker Rk lll
Buffs2=Songblade of the Eternal|Dual|Symphony of Battle|M
Buffs3=Nature's Melody|Dual|Nature's Melody|M
Buffs4=Selo's Sonata|dualma|Selo's Accelerand
Buffs5=NULL
Buffs6=NULL
Buffs7=NULL
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
PowerSource=NULL
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll rear
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
TargetSwitchingOn=0
MeleeTwistOn=1
MeleeTwistWhat=2 1 3 4 5 10
[GMail]
GMailHelp=Events currently support - Dead,Drag,GM,Level,Named,Leftgroup,Tells
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=5
GMail1=NULL
GMail2=NULL
GMail3=NULL
GMail4=NULL
GMail5=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=0
AESize=10
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
AE6=NULL
AE7=NULL
AE8=NULL
AE9=NULL
AE10=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSize=22
DPSSkip=1
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Funeral Dirge|99|Cond8
DPS2=Quick Time|99|Cond8
DPS3=Spire of the Minstrels|99|Cond8
DPS4=Flurry of Notes|99|Cond8
DPS5=Frenzied Kicks|99|Cond8
DPS6=Song of Stone|99|Cond8
DPS7=Vainglorious Shout|99|Cond14
DPS8=Dance of Blades|99|Cond8
DPS9=Deftdance Discipline|100|Cond7
DPS10=command:/pet qswarm|99|Cond1
DPS11=Lyrical Prankster|99
DPS12=Bladed Song|99
DPS13=Fierce Eye|99|Cond10
DPS14=Cacophony|99|Mob
DPS15=Suppressed Etheric Loremaster Breastplate|99|Cond1
DPS16=Boastful Bellow|98|Cond3
DPS17=Selo's Sonata|15
DPS18=Thousand Blades|99|Cond8
DPS19=Blade of Vesagran|99|Cond
DPS20=Lute of the Gypsy Princess|99|Cond8
DebuffAllOn=0
DPS21=NULL
DPS22=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
AggroSize=2
Aggro1=Fading Memories|80|>
Aggro2=Shield of Notes|90|>
Aggro3=Hymn of the Last Stand|95|>
Aggro4=NULL
[Pull]
PullTwistOn=0
PullWith=Sonic Disturbance
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=0
HealsSize=5
Heals1=NULL
Heals2=NULL
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
XTarHeal=0
XTarHealList=Xtar slots here Example: 5|6|7
HealGroupPetsOn=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
CuresSize=5
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL
[Mez]
MezOn=1
MezRadius=50
MezMinLevel=95
MezMaxLevel=110
MezStopHPs=90
MezSpell=Lullaby of Jembel Rk.II
MezDebuffOnResist=0
MezDebuffSpell=Your Debuff Spell
MezAESpell=Wave of Torpor|5
[Burn]
BurnSize=10
BurnAllNamed=1
Burn1=Funeral Dirge|Mob|Cond3
Burn3=Quick Time
Burn4=Cacophony|Mob
Burn5=Boastful Bellow|Mob
Burn6=Fundament: Third Spire of the Minstrel
Burn7=Hymn of the Last Stand
Burn8=Flurry of Notes
Burn9=Frenzied Kicks
Burn10=Song of Stone|Mob
Burn11=Lute of the Gypsy Princess|Mob
Burn12=NULL
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL
UseTribute=0
Burn2=NULL
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[KConditions]
ConOn=0
CondSize=5
Cond1=TRUE
Cond2=TRUE
Cond3=TRUE
Cond4=TRUE
Cond5=TRUE
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92
[KissError]
LastCMD:=/endmacro
ErrorDateTime:=02/02/2020 15:58:04
ErrorMsg:=Couldn't open macro file: C:\Users\Chris\MQ2\Macros\off.mac
DataError:=NULL
SyntaxError:=NULL
RunningTime:=9266450
BuildDate:=20200127
CurrentUI:=Default

Pulling more mobs - For either pally or bard, set up the [Pull] section if you want them go out of camp and get new mobs. Then change their Role= to pullertank (pal) or puller (bard) to use that section. MaxRadius is how far they'll look for mobs, MaxZRange is how far up/down they'll look, like if you're in a hilly section or multi-level dungeon you may want to adjust it to keep them looking within the right z-axis. You can use the EQ map height filter button to see if mobs are within whatever z range you wanted to check. PullRadiusToUse=90 This is how close as a percentage of the pull item/spell's full range they'll get before they attempt to pull. 90 is fine.

In [General] section, CampRadius is how close mobs need to get to your starting point (camphere) before KA decides it should do something. MeleeDistance in the [Melee] section fills a similar role for tanks/melee. CampRadiusExceed is how far KA would let you move from your original starting point before it would auto-turn off the macro for safety. Like if you get summoned across a zone by mage Call of Hero, it will try to turn off KA before you run all they way back and aggro everything. Typically you setup a pause/move hotkey for even more safety (/mqp on & /camphere off)

Bard aggro - Your section looks good, though you have it set to limit to 2 entries, though you've entered 3 aggro lines. Fading should still fire though. I'm actually not sure if aggro triggers when you're not in combat though, it may only go off when DPS is active.

A couple options.

Make fade a holy for MQ2melee. This is a condition that would auto-fire fade if met, even if KA wasn't running. They are super fast. Basicly you could check like: Are there 2+ targets on xtarget, do I have 100% aggro on any, is the tank within 40 units, do I have over 50% mana (fade is expensive) = fire Fading. I don't have one ready made, but you could ask on Discord and somebody could help you make one. You could also maybe do this in the Heal section, because that is running 100% of the time on KA.

Toon placement. Change how you setup camp to protect toons that get aggro on pull, mainly healer & cc toons. If you're pulling in an area where mobs will be all coming in from one side, set the tank to intercept before mobs can get to bard.
  • [Angry Goblins] ----> [Pally] [Melee toons] [Bard,casters & healer at back]
If the pally is pullertank, he will get back to camp and turn around to grab aggro as the mobs come in. If bard is pulling, he will run mobs right by pally on way to bards camp spot. If they mobs will be coming in from 360 degrees, then I'll park bard, healer and tank all on top of each other with casters slightly off to the safest side.

Make saving the bard a priority for healers - Since I know bards love early aggro, I set my shammy healer to heal the bard at higher health than other toons and I give the emergency auto-heal to my bard instead of tank. I've also setup similar things on a cleric healer with DI, Shining & Divine Guardian. Maybe even pally heals section too.
INI:
[Buffs]
Buffs12=Spirit Guardian|class|brd
[Heals]
Heals1=Union of Spirits|50|class|brd
Heals2=Reckless Rejuvenation|85|class|brd
Heals3=Reckless Rejuvenation|70
Heals7=Union of Spirits|25

Turn twist off until melee starts. You can keep your melee twist in [Melee] and just change this to NULL. TwistWhat is your downtime/buff-time songs. TwistMed is one song (like mana song) you want to twist while you sit and med.
TwistWhat=NULL

Setup the tank's AE section to fire some AE aggro if you get adds: My Pally with a bard runs this, plus his other defensive stuff for bigger pulls.
INI:
[AE]
AE1=Beacon of the Righteous|2
AE2=Hallowed Loadstar|4

I'd also give your bard ini a once over. It looks like you edited some of the buffs and lost the |MA or |Me tag. They should be like "=buff|Dual|alt buff name|MA"

The DPS entries are also copied from an ini that had a bunch of conditions (cond8 is looking for Named targets and such) so see if you can find that ini and also copy over the whole [KConditions] section too. Maybe Sic's 115 bard which is a good one.

Last edited:
Pulling more mobs - For either pally or bard, set up the [Pull] section if you want them go out of camp and get new mobs. Then change their Role= to pullertank (pal) or puller (bard) to use that section. MaxRadius is how far they'll look for mobs, MaxZRange is how far up/down they'll look, like if you're in a hilly section or multi-level dungeon you may want to adjust it to keep them looking within the right z-axis. You can use the EQ map height filter button to see if mobs are within whatever z range you wanted to check. PullRadiusToUse=90 This is how close as a percentage of the pull item/spell's full range they'll get before they attempt to pull. 90 is fine.

In [General] section, CampRadius is how close mobs need to get to your starting point (camphere) before KA decides it should do something. MeleeDistance in the [Melee] section fills a similar role for tanks/melee. CampRadiusExceed is how far KA would let you move from your original starting point before it would auto-turn off the macro for safety. Like if you get summoned across a zone by mage Call of Hero, it will try to turn off KA before you run all they way back and aggro everything. Typically you setup a pause/move hotkey for even more safety (/mqp on & /camphere off)

Bard aggro - Your section looks good, though you have it set to limit to 2 entries, though you've entered 3 aggro lines. Fading should still fire though. I'm actually not sure if aggro triggers when you're not in combat though, it may only go off when DPS is active.

A couple options.

Make fade a holy for MQ2melee. This is a condition that would auto-fire fade if met, even if KA wasn't running. They are super fast. Basicly you could check like: Are there 2+ targets on xtarget, do I have 100% aggro on any, is the tank within 40 units, do I have over 50% mana (fade is expensive) = fire Fading. I don't have one ready made, but you could ask on Discord and somebody could help you make one. You could also maybe do this in the Heal section, because that is running 100% of the time on KA.

Toon placement. Change how you setup camp to protect toons that get aggro on pull, mainly healer & cc toons. If you're pulling in an area where mobs will be all coming in from one side, set the tank to intercept before mobs can get to bard.
  • [Angry Goblins] ----> [Pally] [Melee toons] [Bard,casters & healer at back]
If the pally is pullertank, he will get back to camp and turn around to grab aggro as the mobs come in. If bard is pulling, he will run mobs right by pally on way to bards camp spot. If they mobs will be coming in from 360 degrees, then I'll park bard, healer and tank all on top of each other with casters slightly off to the safest side.

Make saving the bard a priority for healers - Since I know bards love early aggro, I set my shammy healer to heal the bard at higher health than other toons and I give the emergency auto-heal to my bard instead of tank. I've also setup similar things on a cleric healer with DI, Shining & Divine Guardian. Maybe even pally heals section too.
INI:
[Buffs]
Buffs12=Spirit Guardian|class|brd
[Heals]
Heals1=Union of Spirits|50|class|brd
Heals2=Reckless Rejuvenation|85|class|brd
Heals3=Reckless Rejuvenation|70
Heals7=Union of Spirits|25

Turn twist off until melee starts. You can keep your melee twist in [Melee] and just change this to NULL. TwistWhat is your downtime/buff-time songs. TwistMed is one song (like mana song) you want to twist while you sit and med.
TwistWhat=NULL

Setup the tank's AE section to fire some AE aggro if you get adds: My Pally with a bard runs this, plus his other defensive stuff for bigger pulls.
INI:
[AE]
AE1=Beacon of the Righteous|2
AE2=Hallowed Loadstar|4

I'd also give your bard ini a once over. It looks like you edited some of the buffs and lost the |MA or |Me tag. They should be like "=buff|Dual|alt buff name|MA"

The DPS entries are also copied from an ini that had a bunch of conditions (cond8 is looking for Named targets and such) so see if you can find that ini and also copy over the whole [KConditions] section too. Maybe Sic's 115 bard which is a good one.
thank you for the info. I left EQ like 3-4 years ago came back found this and was like dam this has my dream of running a full group..... I have started to piece together my Bard ini and yes have it chopped up. I am fairly new to editing the ini's but getting it down. this will help me for sure. I noticed not a lot of bard ini's in the library that are decent since my bard is only 105. im basically camped out in OT2 atm mass pulling mobs to get him to 110 so I can do new content/gmm for my chars. again thank you for a piece of info

Question - Pally/Bard ini Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back