• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Otherworthly gear (1 Viewer)

id prefer the fucken RoS armour approach compared to this otherworldly rubbish. 🤮

Anything would be better than this insanity. I can't imagine how many missions it will take just to get 12 wrists done, let alone the rest.

The other absolute stupidity is they are not tradeable or convertable to anything. So once I get my 6 chest pieces, every single new chest piece that drops will just be wasted!

I can easily see ending up destroying tons of these while trying to get an Arm or Hands to drop.

The extra frustration is not knowing or finding out in time who should loot what.
  • How many recipes for Power are there each char can use? Selenelion? Heroism?
  • Which range should a character get? Idol? Riding bow?
Most of the questions are obvious, but some aren't so much.

I know the answers better now, but that first week, or without some research before looting...

Do certain T3 gear dropp in different hero's? Got several different invisible slot T3-drops from Shadow havens mission, but not a single weapon or visible armor. If anyone got visible armor T3 drop from hero, mind to share from which hero?

Do certain T3 gear dropp in different hero's? Got several different invisible slot T3-drops from Shadow havens mission, but not a single weapon or visible armor. If anyone got visible armor T3 drop from hero, mind to share from which hero?

Everything is on a global loot table across all nameds and chests. Do these enough, and you'll see them. But given how rare they are, it takes a large sample before you get a feel for it, as jkauff26 said.

Everything is on a global loot table across all nameds and chests. Do these enough, and you'll see them. But given how rare they are, it takes a large sample before you get a feel for it, as jkauff26 said.
I have gotten 7 total slots so far. 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 feet, 1 head. Done about 100 ish missions and killed maybe around 50 named. So they are super rare. I have been running the 4 missions on average 3 times a day sometimes 2.

Is fast ore really a problem? I’ve always geared out before finishing other things like achievements anyways. Might depend on server, but after the first couple of weeks, I don’t get buyers for ore and just give them away.
only to devs and people who want an expansion to last more than that couple of weeks

My rough estimate is 80 hero missions so far. 0 visible T3. If it stays that way I deem the chance to even get 1 char geared near 0, let alone the attempt to gear a whole team of 6. My conclusion: I might as well drop that attempt.

Wow!! I have only done 2 missions and got 2 Otherworldly Focus of Fortitude. I though maybe it was just weird luck but if you haven't got a visible yet after 80x this will basically be impossible for me because I dont have that kind of play time. This is getting more effed up by the minute!

My rough estimate is 80 hero missions so far. 0 visible T3. If it stays that way I deem the chance to even get 1 char geared near 0, let alone the attempt to gear a whole team of 6. My conclusion: I might as well drop that attempt.

I mentally decided it is a different, long game and just gearing everyone up as T2 (where appropriate), then taking T3 as they come along.

Rather than mentally farming T3 and expecting, it's more like a slightly less-rare chase loot. I've found that helps my mental health.

only to devs and people who want an expansion to last more than that couple of weeks
But even if the group gear is fast, you still have progression, AA, hunter, challenger, etc. to work on. As it stands, I'm not going to continue playing after my normal expansion routine, krono farm, and alt setup just to complete T3 group sets; this system is way worse than just slowing the ore drop rate.

Question - Otherworthly gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back