• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - OpenVanilla from build isnt attaching to EQ (1 Viewer)

screet

RedCents
Hey all, pretty sweet thing you guys have here. I am hoping someone can help me.
Running windows 11, git 2.37.0.windows.1

I successfully ran the git command without errors. After opening OpenVanilla, i changed the config to release, verified all of the project platforms were set to x64, and built.

The first build i got errors about unable to find wil/resource.h, which caused hundreds of errors. I closed, reopened, build. Now I am down to 57 errors, 99% of them are:

Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __std_init_once_link_alternate_names_and_abort MQ2Nav (Custom\Plugins\Independent\MQ2Nav\MQ2Nav) C:\Users\hada7\source\repos\openvanilla\plugins\MQ2Nav\plugin\libprotobuf.lib(dynamic_message.cc.obj) 1

and a few unresolved externals, MQ2Nav.dll, MeshTool.exe, and MeshGenerator.exe.

In the release folder, I do have a MacroQuest.exe that runs and appears on the system tray. However, I have no indication that my client (TAKP) can see MQ is running: none of the commands like /macro are recognized.

Granted I am new at this, and I cant tell if I am doing something wrong, or if because of the build errors things will not work.

Any ideas? Thanks so much!

if you have launching eq elevated - like using isboxer, make sure you are launching mq with admin priv (it doesn't require it normally).

but you would definitely want a successful build - 57 errors are quite a bit

What happens when you run

git pull
git submodule init
git submodule update
C:\Users\foo\source\repos\macroquest new\macroquest>git pull
Already up to date.

C:\Users\foo\source\repos\macroquest new\macroquest>git submodule init

C:\Users\foo\source\repos\macroquest new\macroquest>git submodule update

C:\Users\foo\source\repos\macroquest new\macroquest>

if you have launching eq elevated - like using isboxer, make sure you are launching mq with admin priv (it doesn't require it normally).

but you would definitely want a successful build - 57 errors are quite a bit
I do not run eq client elevated. I will try and track down the errors. There isnt a nuget-like restore packages command that i need to run (other than the submodule update)

I was hoping that since these all come from custom plugins, it wouldnt affect me

1656722916625.png

Build errors are one issue, and that’s probably something to do with vcpkg. If you read the output logs you probably have a warning about what is going wrong there (it would likely be near the top).

But the reason it’s not injecting is because you’re on TAKP and that version doesn’t support emu yet.

Problem - OpenVanilla from build isnt attaching to EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back