• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
OnlyLoot

Lua - OnlyLoot (1 Viewer) 1.3

RedCents
1,466¢
Kazadoom_32 submitted a new resource:

OnlyLoot - Only loots exactly what you tell it, nothing else

This little script will loot only what you tell it to loot and nothing else. This was created because while I didn't want my bags to fill up with useless junk that I didn't need and I didn't want to mess with my existing Lootly ini files. This may only be useful to me but it made my life much easier when I was farming specific tradeskill items (Spider Silks, Othmir Fur, etc.) This script is very rudimentary and pretty much 99.9% pulled from Lootly. I have only ran this while not in a group...

Read more about this resource...

No ini for this script. I chose not to use one because my use case with this script was tradeskill item farming in sessions. Generally I would run the script (in combination with PocketFarm mac) for specific item(s) and then move to a new zone and re-run the script for the new items I want to farm. I want to avoid using an INI for this unless there is a good use case, because in reality with an INI it's really just Lootly at that point, which is much more robust for overall looting.

@Kazadoom_32 hey, thank you for this, I tried it out and it was nice fpr diamonds, but I used it while working on Cleric Epic, and I ONLY wanted the Bergurgle crown, and later the Gimblox ring. The goblins in both locations drop TONS of stuff I don;t want, nor have room for. Both times it did not work. In MQ window it said "Lord.", Not "Lord Bergurgle’s Crown" which I copy/pasted the name to make sure. Was hoping you might be able to make a check?
I also used it during Anniversary missions where its a lot of running around and I don;t want any loot from accidental ripostes against guards and such in towns. Worked great. I had been filling up with shields and Fine steel swords.
Dream request: To have a small menu that lists what is on the loot list. Ex. /ol lootlist

Thanks for the report! I'll take a look at that issue when I get some free time. Adding a command to show what's on the loot list sounds like a great enhancement as well, I'll get that added in the next update (finding time is the hard part!).

@Redfrog I finally got around to looking at the issue you reported. The only way I could replicate what you were seeing was if I used the following command:

/onlyloot additem Lord Bergurgle's Crown

Notice there are no double quotes (") around the item name. The double quotes are needed to ensure items with spaces in the names are captured correctly. So the command to use would be:

/onlyloot additem "Lord Bergurgle's Crown"

Try this and if it still doesn't work correctly let me know!

@Redfrog I finally got around to looking at the issue you reported. The only way I could replicate what you were seeing was if I used the following command:

/onlyloot additem Lord Bergurgle's Crown

Notice there are no double quotes (") around the item name. The double quotes are needed to ensure items with spaces in the names are captured correctly. So the command to use would be:

/onlyloot additem "Lord Bergurgle's Crown"

Try this and if it still doesn't work correctly let me know!
Will do, as I have to finish that same cleric's 1.5 as well as start a new 1.0 cleric and SK, so this will come in handy a lot. TY for this.

Lua - OnlyLoot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back