• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Old timer returning to everquest (1 Viewer)

Crasher

RedCents
181¢
Came back to EQ a month ago and have hit a wall with alt tabbing. So with hearing about this site decided to give it a try. Tried to download and need level 2 access.

Welcome to red guides.

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

Level 2 does require a subscription, but it is the best deal on the internet plus you can keep lvl 2 with redcents just by being a part of the community

Just wanting to get the best experience with my mostly afk style of playing now. EQ is a great time killer and makes the slow times pass by much faster.

Just wanting to get the best experience with my mostly afk style of playing now. EQ is a great time killer and makes the slow times pass by much faster.
unfortunately, afk play is not supported and is strongly discouraged here at redguides. we're not the police - but don't be surprised if/when you get discipline from dbg.

if instead you mean attended, at keyboard and can have your attention gained when it needs to be, while you sit next to your toons and maybe watch something or do work - then yes, this is for you.

I tend to put my non main toons on afk with the message to send /tells to the main account as I spend most time on that one. The afk was in regard to having those toons actually doing more to help out without losing attention on the main toon too much.

Another question is would I need to maintain lvl 2 to use redguide? Or just need that level once to be able to download and set it up?

I tend to put my non main toons on afk with the message to send /tells to the main account as I spend most time on that one. The afk was in regard to having those toons actually doing more to help out without losing attention on the main toon too much.
I wouldnt do this at all... use flash or ping on tell. Then run your driver/tend the group via EQBCS/Dannet.

Another question is would I need to maintain lvl 2 to use redguide? Or just need that level once to be able to download and set it up?
Eq patches monthly. So if you want the updated build from RG, yes.

Lots of resources, and support, and guides, and strats are also level 2, so if you want those - yes you will want to maintain a subscription.

Welcome to RG!!

Lots of resources here and a truly amazing community.

Definitely check out all the things Sic mentioned and watch the videos, probably twice as most of what you need to get up and running is there.

Still have a question, try a search and if you don't find your answer there, ask on the forums as there are lots of knowledgeable people here that are super friendly.

Level 2 is a monthly sub, you get the launcher which gets it all going for you so easily. Plus access to the full forums and a TON of great info, as well as a wonderful community that is quite helpful. Everyone here loves EQ. I started off wondering is this was for me....I can never go back to playing without this. It brings about a great deal more fun and different skills which makes EQ feel like older strategy games. Hopefully you'll love it.

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two [red] cents!

Discussion - Old timer returning to everquest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back