• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Odd windows behavior on one client (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
So in one one of my client windows - I noticed that my guild windows was not filling in all the details but does do some, and part fills lines . I then removed all my spells and went to add a new set, but when I right click on a spell gem I only see blank pop up showing no spells - it does open sub pop ups on the spell/song types. My spell book will not show spell information. I can type in chat windows but not see text, however some achievements from guild members do appear.
Also, when starting MQ2 with launch ECQBS - I am no longer getting the stand alone pop-up?

If I start everyting without MQ2 running all appears as it normally should

Has anyone else come across an issue like this before. I have not edited any MQ2 files or EQ ini files, and this just started happening intraday.

Last edited:
So in one one of my client windows - I noticed that my guild windows was not filling in all the details but does do some, and part fills lines . I then removed all my spells and went to add a new set, but when I right click on a spell gem I only see blank pop up showing no spells - it does open sub pop ups on the spell/song types. My spell book will not show spell information. I can type in chat windows but not see text, however some achievements from guild members do appear.
Also, when starting MQ2 with launch ECQBS - I am no longer getting the stand alone pop-up?

If I start everyting without MQ2 running all appears as it normally should

Has anyone else come across an issue like this before. I have not edited any MQ2 files or EQ ini files, and this just started happening intraday.

Did you have map window open I had this happen before and when I closed map window it was fine.

This is a bug with the UI that's been around for a while. If you have to many UI elements opened at the same time, it gets to a point where it draws the window, but does not draw the contents. DBG says it's a memory issue. As @uga2k20 said, the map can cause this when there are lots of mobs showing on it. But even without the map opened, you can have this issue if you have too many UI windows up, especially if those windows have icons (bandolier, bank, inventory, bags, etc).

I experienced this last night! I had just discovered MQ2PluginManager and had a whole bunch of stuff open plus the map. I was playing with all sorts of INI stuff at the same time... @Gozier I didn't know about that bug, thanks for the heads up.

I am now happy to report that I didn't break anything, it was a bug. :dance:

Wow, did not know about this, it seems fantastic. Wish my english would be better, i probably une kissassist at 5%... I would like to be able to use it at 50-75% :) I downloaded some library from here:https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/categories/kissassist-ini-library.18/
but cant find what i need and most are outdated. Just my shaman 110 is a nightmare to use with my mage 110 and necro 110. In fact, all he do is slow and partially heal (not a lot, using cleric merc). For the buffs, im totally lost.

Tech - Odd windows behavior on one client

Users who are viewing this thread

Back