• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Non MMO Games? (1 Viewer)

Runned

RedCents
I got Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars a few days ago, if you enjoy the C&C series of games I think you'd enjoy the latest installment. The setting is a post-apocalyptic earth with humans fighting mutants fighting aliens fighting predators fighting California governors. I haven't tried the campaigns, I've never played a C&C campaign come to think of it, but the skirmishes are pretty fun. You have the choice to play over a LAN, or through dedicated servers hosted by the developers of the game (which also includes a clan and individual ranking system.) or single player skirmishes/campaigns.

Unfortunately, since my copy fell off the back of a truck I'm limited to single player and LAN (Hamachi) games with friends. The maps are limited, and the map maker requires a doctorate in electrical engineering to operate. After playing about six skirmishes you've pretty much exhausted everything there is to do in this game and whether or not you enjoy doing the same shit over and over again determines the game's replayability.

I've recently come into possession of a little game called Two Worlds. I haven't had a chance to play it yet and was wondering if anyone here plays it, played it, knows somebody who's played it, read something about a guy talking about how he played it, or heard from a friend about a guy he knows who knows a guy who's played it. The only reason I got the game was because I heard there was a multiplayer function, allowing you to play the game with up to eight other players - which could be pretty fun.

After I finished installing, I did run the game to see if my computer could handle it and after making my character and running around for 5 minutes I was less than impressed with what I saw. The character creation is VERY limited, you can change little things about your characters appearance like his hair/hair color, body build, and some facial features. However, no matter how much you fuck around with the facial features your character still looks exactly how it was before you started.

The controls are a little clumsy, and the voice-overs are downright laughable. As a matter of fact, I would actually recommend this game to anyone with a sense of humor just so they could listen to the horribly done voice overs. Imagine a mid-western american with little education of the world being brought into a sound booth and asked to say "Nay young squire, varily ye are mistaken" and try not to laugh out loud.

Once Arri gets home and gets his game up and running I'll give it another go and will update after that.

Are there any other NON-MMO games out there that you guys are playing? Anything I should check out? Please post!

i just beat jade empire, it was fun and there were a lot good moments in it.

I was reading up on this game after I read your post and found this:

wiki said:
Jade Empire gives the player-character the option to form a romantic relationship with several of the non-player characters, including characters of the same sex.

fuck yes

W3 is boring as hell, as for D2 I'd like to play a game that has come out since I graduated from highschool pls

I bought season one of Sam & Max, I must say they arn't long if you look at time but they keep me amused in my limited playing time.

I was reading up on this game after I read your post and found this:

fuck yes

tons of fun comes from the character black whirlwind. he's sort of like khelgar/korgan. the game overlord is also coming out on the 26th, it looks pretty fun.

if you have an xbox 360, there's a nice lineup this summer.

i donut half

Also, I already beat Jade Empire after playing it all day Saturday sup no life.

I think I missed a lot of content, I felt that the storyline kind of rushed me through everything - and while trying to stay on the "good path" (what can I say, I'm a good guy) I think I missed some possible lols. Since I played it through once already I don't think I could start over again just to get the little things I might have missed, otherwise I thought it was a great game. It looked beautiful, the combat system - while repetitive - was refreshing and pretty fun when you have multiple fighting styles to flip through during one fight. My love interest kept dying, every fight she died as a matter of fact, which made my heart hurt but I did get to wreck that shit at the end so everything is all honkey dorey.

Overlord looks kind of neat, but between Jade Empire, Oblivion, Shitty ass broken Two Worlds, and Final Fantasy 8 (the best game out of the bunch imho) I've spent way too much time neglecting Arri and our strictly heterosexual relationship seems to be hitting the rocks. I'd like to get a game that has some kind of multi-player function, even if it's just something we could do over a LAN.

Speaking of Two Worlds, I might as well get this out of the way so I can just put it behind me forever. Two Worlds turned out to be the worst game I've played since I made the mistake of buying Yu Gi Oh: Duelist of the Rose at the swap meet for three dollars. The controls and game play are just as awkward and confusing as that time I crapped my pants on the bus. I've seen better acting from a Las Vegas stripper trying to convince me that she really really wants to give me a lap dance, despite the fact that I really don't have much of a lap to begin with. The simple act of traveling from one city to another has become such a tedious task because gigantic packs of boars and wolves seem to spot and charge you from a quarter mile away. These aren't your average video game wolves and boars either because it seems every four legged beast in this game was bitten by a radio active something or another and became borderline superheroes. Even though I got this game for free, I feel like I got ripped off somehow and should be compensated. Two Worlds made me wish for once in my life that I had the ability to un-thank people, specifically those who uploaded and recommended it to me in the first place. So there, that's my two cents.

Overlord will have multiplayer though. Both vs and coop.

Pretty sure that's gonna be my next nonMMO game.

Awesome, Arri and I were looking over the game and watching all the trailers for it. We're definately going to pick it up, probably this week whenever it is released.

I tried the overlord demo last night, I must say I found it a pretty entertaining game. Probably one I'm gonna pick up when its released

Awesome, Arri and I were looking over the game and watching all the trailers for it. We're definately going to pick it up, probably this week whenever it is released.
I tried the overlord demo last night, I must say I found it a pretty entertaining game. Probably one I'm gonna pick up when its released
It is released tomorrow (26th). I wouldn't expect anyone to have it on the shelves until the 27th.

I was seriously considering checkin' out Two Worlds.

Of course, who knows? I should prolly just fire up Oblivion since I just was given a copy of that.

Depending on what sort of games you like and the abilities of your computer, here are a few I recommend:

Company of Heros - heavy system requirements but one helluva RTS
Defcon - don't knock it till you try it. talk about some great multi matches
Any of the Dawn of War series - good solo and multi games
Megamek - if you don't need serious graphics to play, this multi will keep you busy
NWN2 - needs a bit of good comp guts, but great for multi

These are a few that come to mind.

I think we found our game until Overlord comes out.

Me, Arri, and a mutual but equally obese friend of ours are playing a multi-player mod for GTA San Andreas and are having a blast.

When we first got the game going we were running around as a pair of gay motorcycle killers, me driving and him riding tandem. At one point some guy in a sports car was running from us, and I had used up all my ammo shooting at his car so we just ended up chasing him for about twenty minutes. Once we got out of town he eventually took a bad turn and drove his car into a river, and the two of us just stood above where he went into the drink and unloaded on him while he tried to swim to shore. Once he eventually died (and we got his hard earned loots) he made a big stink in the chat channel about how people take this game to seriously.

I think I am going to like this game.

I always try new and creative roleplaying activities in Morrowind.
Roleplay a guar-loving vampiric khajit wizard-Harry who collects glass armor.

SA suggests building pillow forts and filling small huts with every light source in the game.

If you have a PS2 Okami is pretty entertaining if a bit kiddy and weird. You can always pick up AO and run around as bikini wearing atrox fatasses for teh multiplayer sexiness. It's free to play and if your computer can't run AO you should probably just piss on it until you get electrocuted and then use some of the insurance money to buy one that is from this decade.

How the fuck anyone can like FF8 more than 7 or 10 (or really anything other than ff9 and ffx-2 both of which should never have been made) is beyond me. Come on the fucking gun blade had to be the worst/gayest weapon ever invented for any game EVAR. Seriously if the gun blade were a video game character it would be the gay guy from enchanted arms. If you haven't played this I will include a youtube link below so you can understand the level of gayness.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVmf1jKm1bs[/YT]

Damnit youtube link seems to be fuxed?! If it doesn't work for you here is the page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVmf1jKm1bs

How the fuck anyone can like FF8 more than 7 or 10 (or really anything other than ff9 and ffx-2 both of which should never have been made) is beyond me. Come on the fucking gun blade had to be the worst/gayest weapon ever invented for any game EVAR. Seriously if the gun blade were a video game character it would be the gay guy from enchanted arms. If you haven't played this I will include a youtube link below so you can understand the level of gayness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVmf1jKm1bs

If Tidus in FF10 were a character he'd be the ga-- oh wait. He was. I like FF12.

I thought the gun blade was pretty bad ass actually, it's like merging two awesome things into something that's super awesome. Like Labridoodles and freezer poptarts.

btw did any of you pick up overlord? I'm fukken stuck

Was gonna, but the new PSU I got for my PC today didn't fix the problem... guess I need a new mobo :( So I won't have it til next week. I don't want to bother putting it on my work laptop.

All of the main FF characters in the ff7+ games are gay. Especially that fucking monkey thing in FF9. I just thought the game world/story in FF7 was better than FF8. And the golden saucer rocked the hizzy. Making chocobos hump is ftw.

I liked FF12 a lot but the main character looks like an albino retard or something. Why can't I have like Auron as a main character or something?!

**edit - one of my friends picked up Overlord today and we played around with it for a bit on 360. It looked pretty damned entertaining though it would probably get pretty old quick after the "Army of Darkness" humor got a bit stale.

I picked up overlord yesterday, didn't have much time to play yet. Seems entertaining, might not be the game to end all games, but then again I don't mind :p

And for FF12, why is Vaan such an asshat?

I got stuck and ended up sacrificing about 100 or so red/brown minions trying to get the blue ones before I realized I needed to get the green ones first, then when I went to get the green ones I ran into a bump that required the blue ones (this is where I smashed my balls with a hammer out of frustration) but then found out I didn't need to do that part of the quest to get the green ones and all was good.

BTW for all you overlordies out there, the blue cave SUCKS ASS have fun fighting the leviathan busters.

i played C&C3 until i noticed grace park (battlestar galactica = sharon / boomer) in one of the cut scenes.

that reminded me that i hadn't masturbated that day yet, and i never really loaded it back up since then.

Non MMO Games?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back