• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

No MQ running after patch today! (1 Viewer)

Pauldoon

RedCents
I'm still a newbie to MQ2, but it has been running fine on my 2 boxes.. That is, until today, after the latest patch. Logged in, and no MQ2 window, It IS running in the task bar. Do I need to recompile, or is a newer version needed. I believe I have the latest one, DL directly from MQ2 site just a few days ago.

Just realized that I get a pop-up when EQ loads, its MQ2 error: Incorrect client version. Maybe I'll recompile and see if that helps.

Last edited:
You have to wait till the Macroquest dev team patches the offsets and memchecks to work with the new eqgame.exe file... until then MQ2 is unsafe to use and can possibly get you flagged for banning by using outdated offsets and memchecks. Also you will have a greater chance of CTD.

Macroquest patches usually happen within a few days of patchday... just hope SoE is not patch happy.

You have to re-compile the newest version every patch. And like Ranik says, you can wait for the MQ2 devs to update the offsets (and tables if need be) or you can do it yourself.

My Lodi Dodi GUI wasnt working right after this patch either (got an incompatability warning). I checked a couple of times for the new offsets last night (sigh), always a chore for me (got 4 computers I run MQ2 on).

BTW, some of the zones are really nasty now. Tread with care...

1/27 3:00 PM Pacific... servers down due to patch... shakes fist... Patch Happy SoE... hopes the eqgame.exe file doesn't change or MQ2 devs not gonna be happy.

No MQ running after patch today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back