• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - new to boxing have a couple of questions (1 Viewer)

fartjarfunkel

RedCents
153¢
i came back to EQ about a month ago and i started 6 boxing 2 weeks back and i got isboxer after some one recommended it to me. i have finally got it working for hotkey broadcasting but /follow just sucks so i was looking around and found this site and it looks pretty awesome but i was wondering if i could use mq2 to replace isboxer or do i need to use both ? and i was curious if there was a trial version i could use to see if its right for me.

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ addict!

I don't use isboxer at all, though some members swear by it. It's nice for window management, but I do everything from one window so I don't need it. If you're looking to try out Very Vanilla, you can compile a version for the test server for free. You can also gain full access for free, provided you share some of your EQ knowledge with us.

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting MQ2Nav, MQ2AutoLogin, and MQ2EQBC, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Here are some other quality resources to get you started:

Sic's video on using some EQBC, MQ2Nav, and Kiss /Camphere features:

Sic's Video on the RedGuide's launcher:

Here is a guide on finding a KissAssist .ini from our resource library:

Last edited:
i came back to EQ about a month ago and i started 6 boxing 2 weeks back and i got isboxer after some one recommended it to me. i have finally got it working for hotkey broadcasting but /follow just sucks so i was looking around and found this site and it looks pretty awesome but i was wondering if i could use mq2 to replace isboxer or do i need to use both ? and i was curious if there was a trial version i could use to see if its right for me.
You can use isboxer and MQ2 together. I think their is set guide some here on this site for it. You don't have to replace isboxer if you like some features of it.

Also you can use :rc to buy level 2 here once you earned 50 of them. Redguides MQ2 compile is a really good compile and worth getting in my opinion. Even if you just use isboxer for the most part of your boxing.

Last edited:
So u need to do command /bccmd connect on each toon to have them in a chat server basically so commands like come to me or follow work have to do this on each toon eqbc comes with mq2 vanilla so u have just type in that command.. also side note using eqbs. Makesife easier once u know how to hotkey like Guildhall doors clicking yes for gh ports etc..

So u need to do command /bccmd connect on each toon to have them in a chat server basically so commands like come to me or follow work have to do this on each toon eqbc comes with mq2 vanilla so u have just type in that command.. also side note using eqbs. Makesife easier once u know how to hotkey like Guildhall doors clicking yes for gh ports etc..
Side not with good hockey set ups u never need to touch box's screens ever.. i drive off my main toon only others all hot keyed thru eqbs..

yes i have them all connected with /bccmd and i launched the server before i logged in to eq

Side not with good hockey set ups u never need to touch box's screens ever.. i drive off my main toon only others all hot keyed thru eqbs..

i would love to get to that point i hate tabing with fullscreen it takes to long and locks everything up, so i have to play in windowed mode and that sucks

When you login does it say in the MQ window that all toons are connected? It will list each name in the MQ window in the top left. Make sure "Launch EQBCS with MQ2" is checked. I run mine off one box so I select "run in standalone" when the dialog is open. Next is launching the Mesh Updater from the VV UI. After that the follow me and come to me will work when you are in a group /BCG (broad cast group). I also when hunting mobs and roaming I run /bcg //chase on as long as all my toons are running KA. Hope that helps. The redguide video helped me learn all this as a start.

Last edited:
Question - new to boxing have a couple of questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back