• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - New expansion fastest exp (1 Viewer)

RedCents
356¢
In sky-shrine, there are mobs simply called "A rat" they also are deep in the area with the green "a pretentious wurm" they are on a spawn timer of about 2 minutes and have plenty of mobs to cycle through. nothing sees regular invis ALL the way.
they also are blue and head-shot decap assassinate able which makes it even faster for people with those skills. due to the low hit points of the mobs and the super fast spawn rate its taking my group 10-13 seconds to kill the rats.
cheers.

Last edited:
i am unsure of the areas in which you are getting 4x the exp rate i am getting. that could be an opinionated statement without proof of those high of exp mods. i am simply stating this exp is very fast with my current group with 1 zerker and 1 bard and 1 SK as my main group dps.

Xp was Bugged in Cov until around 3 am Last night so u got .25 of an AA per kill, Now its fixed xp is much better in TOV @ gd the xp was 1 aa per kill or so.

In sky-shrine, there are mobs simply called "A rat" they also are deep in the area with the green "a pretentious wurm" they are on a spawn timer of about 2 minutes and have plenty of mobs to cycle through. nothing sees regular invis ALL the way.
they also are blue and head-shot decap assassinate able which makes it even faster for people with those skills. due to the low hit points of the mobs and the super fast spawn rate its taking my group 10-13 seconds to kill the rats.
cheers.
What level are they?

Definitely something I can set and watch over, but exp is a bit lacking. I'm only getting 31% AA exp per kill. No problem grinding through it, though. Disappointing they aren't mezzable or (more importantly) charmable.

Last edited:
So its not just me noticing exp rates have dropped? I feel like its universal. I even noticed in OT zones for my 110's use to get 2-3 AA per kill on test. Now its like 30% AA per kill. Mobs in Deadhills aren't giving the exp they use to either.

the exp rates all differ based on conditions of your group makeup, zone, level spread, exp sharing ect. the math is online somewhere for this, after you introduce a toon above level 110 if i am not mistaken to a leveling group. if you were to grind with a group of zero mercs, is my preferred way to do it.

. i just remember a rework or three over the years, first with ZEM then with racial innates which i believe the negatives have been removed but the + exp mods remain then finally with the spread of 110+.

I was chilling and killing Skyshrine yesterday, and was getting 5 aa off a named, and about 1.5aa off the Yellows, and such a fast respawn i never ran outta mobs to kill.
And i actually put the rats on ignore. /addignore a_rat The rats agro as I pull through/around them, but they are so trivial I could kill a yellow and 3 rats in one pull. I wouldnt want to just pull single rats.

So - nothing wrong with the xp in skyshrine, and the TS armor bits was still dropping at a decent rate. I got about 30 yesterday in 5-6 hrs

I'm getting better exp at 115 in ROS dropping dark blues in less than 30 seconds vs COV taking about a minute plus to drop a dark blue or yellow at a similar exp reward. A day in COV 100-150 AA a day in ROS 350-500 AA (not to mention in COV getting two or three visitors a day to ROS no visitors in two days.)

Meh, this expansion is weak. Probably the first one ever where I really don't give a dam about grinding experience. More about the namers replacing my Ice Encrusted this time around. Bummer that the bricks dont seem to be on the namers though.

Strategy - New expansion fastest exp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back