• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New Engine Question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,745¢
I read in the 2023 roadmap from Daybreak that they are going to introduce a new engine for the game along with DX11 integration. I am wondering what impact this will have on MQ function. Anyone have any insight?

The UI is some elements of HTML5, so it may or may not be backwards compatible with Custom UI's of today, it will likely be a lot prettier and have 'flyout' menus and little animations. This is all guess, not knowledge.
Here is an example of HTML5. https://html5games.com/Game/Bubble-Tower-3D/1385d98a-b5f2-4339-bce7-b99a8dd2e8b0

An example of HTML 5 is every website that you've visited for the last 10 years.

They've documented what to expect in the first release: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...quest-roadmap-2023.288114/page-4#post-4191238

There is still some question about the impact to MQ since some of it is tied to UI, but I think we just have to wait and see. Hopefully it will be on test by April.

Ah okay. You know, I think I just misunderstood what is happening. The UI will be changing and not the core engine of the game. This all makes sense now. I guess it seems things should work out okay then. Thanks guys for the replies!

Ah okay. You know, I think I just misunderstood what is happening. The UI will be changing and not the core engine of the game. This all makes sense now. I guess it seems things should work out okay then. Thanks guys for the replies!
Right, Its just a beauty makeover of small parts...maybe good, maybe bad. But... its only a minimal thing at that, as they said what they will do it make it a HTML version of almost what it looks like now...but with improvements to snap windows to lock together and sizing for higher res monitors..the main boost will still be as always from their unpaid community of UI designers (the players). The real changes under the hood is not being touched..with the following DirectX changed, I hope that would lead to some elements moved off the initial game design to newer code..and a small transition to have more and more newer code take over. Maybe a pipe dream. For now at least we would have prettier things to look at.

If you read the link, it says "We plan on launching the new engine and some ported windows to Live with the April Update. The plan is to put the new engine on the Test server in March. " So yes, it looks like a new engine not just ui.

If you read the link, it says "We plan on launching the new engine and some ported windows to Live with the April Update. The plan is to put the new engine on the Test server in March. " So yes, it looks like a new engine not just ui.
This is why I misunderstood it. It didn't sound like just the UI at first glance. Worded in a way that I took it differently at first.

Question - New Engine Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back