• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - new computer (1 Viewer)

I just get the game installed and go from there.

If all runs smooth then I leave it alone.

Some set ups don't need much twinking. I am a pretty basic computer person and just bought another computer earlier this year. Was able to load up 12 EQ accounts at one time and they were smooth. That was my test. Just a few minutes after plugging it in lol

If anything pops up in the future on it then I will troubleshoot

If you bought a pre build PC there is a chance it came with lots of bloatware.
More information on that here, if you built your PC or it came with a fresh bloat-free install of Windows disregard this.
After that Optimization could be done but I feel like it's largely unneeded in more modern versions of Windows. It requires lots of hours scanning websites for potential small increases in overall performance gains and you chance screwing things up if you don't know what you're doing.

Well first thing I usually do is RE-Format it.

Reason is , when you get a new computer with factory default. It has crap load of trial programs that just slows the computer down and takes space.

Reformat it and set it up to you preferences IMO

IRL - new computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back