• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New Computer moving MQ over (1 Viewer)

RedCents
920¢
I box a group on one a single PC and I have purchased a new one. I would like to know if anyone has a best practice of getting all my Ini files over. I don't want to remake all my socials and Ui layout. Using kiss and CWTN.
I would like the install to be as clean as possible as I have lots of files that are old and for toons I tried out and ended up deleting.

MQ or EQ files would be the same copy them over.

For EQ:
If you want a clean install , just DL a fresh install of EQ, once done, just copy into the folder the inis for your toons (2 files per toon: servername_charactername.ini and UI_servername_charactername.ini). That ill copy your hotkey, socials, loadout and your UI preferences.
You can also copy your eqclient.ini, or not if you don't care about your previous EQ general settings.
More files you can copy too if you don't want to start over are your audio triggers, your loot folder and so on.
Not copying the whole EQ folder will allow you to get rid of these unused files you can have from 20+ years of everquest patching.

For MQ:
Just copy your MQ folder to your new computer. Make a fresh install of the VV Launcher, and adjust settings to point them to your actual MQ folder.

Last edited:
the only thing other than what mrp said - is you want to ensure you export your autologin profiles and then import them on your next computer

Create a Mega drive account just for EQ apps and files and then share that account drive with your other pcs. The free 20 gigs is just enough storage, do not create or store log files.

Mega drive will back up your main EQ&VV directory from your main pc and sync changes across all your pcs from your main pc only. I have four machines all in sync this way, only the main pc can change the drive the other three update (ready only) from the main.

Directory would be universal and look something like c:/EQ/ the launcher, VV and EQ directories as sub directories.

Create a Mega drive account just for EQ apps and files and then share that account drive with your other pcs. The free 20 gigs is just enough storage, do not create or store log files.

Mega drive will back up your main EQ&VV directory from your main pc and sync changes across all your pcs from your main pc only. I have four machines all in sync this way, only the main pc can change the drive the other three update (ready only) from the main.

Directory would be universal and look something like c:/EQ/ the launcher, VV and EQ directories as sub directories.
Not knocking you down @Sifter228 , as I like this idea a LOT, and I use paid Dropbox for some video things I've done... I might be able to stop and save $100 a year. I would like to hear other's opinions/experiences with this type thing, as I thought an auto sync/backup using cloud things like OneDrive, Dropbox, Mega and many other forms, could hurt your EQ stability or cause sluggish performance? Just want to hear a conversation about this.

Not knocking you down @Sifter228 , as I like this idea a LOT, and I use paid Dropbox for some video things I've done... I might be able to stop and save $100 a year. I would like to hear other's opinions/experiences with this type thing, as I thought an auto sync/backup using cloud things like OneDrive, Dropbox, Mega and many other forms, could hurt your EQ stability or cause sluggish performance? Just want to hear a conversation about this.
The only thing mega is doing is keeping my c:/EQ directories in sync with my one main pc that "runs" all my pcs. I update everything on c:/EQ on my main pc and then run the files from each individual pcs hard drive.

Question - New Computer moving MQ over

Users who are viewing this thread

Back