• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Needing help devising a way to broadcast keystrokes to main EQ window and two Parsec windows (1 Viewer)

RedCents
100¢
Hi everyone,

As stated in the title, I'm trying to come up with a way to broadcast keystrokes to the main EQ window and two Parsec windows. I've tried AHK but I can't seem to figure out how to make a functional script.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, I am on a TLP server so I can't use normal boxing solutions.

Thanks so much in advance everyone, been spending a lot of time on this with no success.

this isn't really the place for truebox circumvention if that is what you're trying to accomplish

so you might not get many answers that are helpful

So I have my main EQ instance, and then another in Parsec. I was just hoping to find a way to, for example, have Alt+1 broadcast to my primary window, as well as to Parsec. I'm not familiar with the commands that dewdew referenced, but I'll look into that. I figured this would be the best place to come to for help with this sort of thing. Apologies if it's off topic!

There is a program called Multiplicity that does what you need, one keyboard to control networked PC's. I think people talk about it on official eq forums, definitely saw the mods on reddit say it was ok (to discuss).

Hi everyone,

As stated in the title, I'm trying to come up with a way to broadcast keystrokes to the main EQ window and two Parsec windows. I've tried AHK but I can't seem to figure out how to make a functional script.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, I am on a TLP server so I can't use normal boxing solutions.

Thanks so much in advance everyone, been spending a lot of time on this with no success.
I'd recommend Stardock Multiplicty as @methodx suggested. It doesn't sound intuitive to set hotkeys up this way but you can set a hotkey to change your focus to whatever screen, include in that hotkey the command you need from that window, and then have it refocus on your main screen. You can get the timing on this to where it's not particularly noticeable on your main screen the loss of control, but it takes some playing around with. You obviously cannot do multiple at once, essentially this is hotkey your swap / command / swap back all in one. One thing I would warn you about though is this method is not going to be typically effective once the complexity of the game ramps up. You need a lot of hotkeys, and a standard keyboard will get overloaded quickly. So a G15/19 is almost a must going this route.

Hi everyone,

This will be entirely possible using the new resource I am programming in WPF/C#.

It is a graphic user interface, entirely user generated and customizable, that allows you to broadcast full macros, keypresses, mouse actions, etc. over a local or non-local TCP network. It does not use MQ, is non-injectable and has no dependencies so it doesn't break the forums rules (yes, this does mean it will work on TrueBox servers) and I made sure of this by talking to Redbot before hand. It was designed with EQ in mind, you won't need to know any outside macroing system other than the in-game system. It has built in, asynchronous repeating for rotations, multi-client handling, etc. etc.

No estimated release date yet, but probably sometime relatively soon. I want to make sure it's 100 % how I want it and 100 % ready before I release it.

Here's a early demo showing off the broadcasting functionality:

View attachment eqbdemo.mp4

If you'd like to know my process behind getting this to work and all that jazz, I'd be happy to discuss it.

Last edited:
I'd recommend Stardock Multiplicty as @methodx suggested. It doesn't sound intuitive to set hotkeys up this way but you can set a hotkey to change your focus to whatever screen, include in that hotkey the command you need from that window, and then have it refocus on your main screen. You can get the timing on this to where it's not particularly noticeable on your main screen the loss of control, but it takes some playing around with. You obviously cannot do multiple at once, essentially this is hotkey your swap / command / swap back all in one. One thing I would warn you about though is this method is not going to be typically effective once the complexity of the game ramps up. You need a lot of hotkeys, and a standard keyboard will get overloaded quickly. So a G15/19 is almost a must going this route.
I actually set myself up with the Multiplicity trial, but so far I am not able to figure out how to send hotkeys to multiple computers. I can only select a single target computer. I posted in their forums to see if there are ways to send to multiple, will see what people say. :)

Question - Needing help devising a way to broadcast keystrokes to main EQ window and two Parsec windows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back