• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Need help with a Cond for Geomantra (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,303¢
Trying to simplify the Geomantra buff, so I do not have to change the INI everytime I upgrade it.

So this works:
Buffs1=${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}|Dual|${Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell}

/echo ${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name} = Charm of YAdda
/echo ${Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell} = Geomantra XXIII

Because the return "Geomantra" can not be used as used as a true/false statement like !${Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell} , a new condition needs to be set up.
How would I turn this into a condition where I can use it in heal or dps section?

I tried various things, but my knowledge kinda sucks.

${Me.Buff[${Spell[Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell.RankName}].ID} does not work, as I suck at bracketing things.

probably not what you wanted, but this is my react for charmslot

INI:
CharmClick:
    action: "/useitem ${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}"
    condition: "${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && !${Me.Moving} && ${Cast.Ready[${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}]}"

probably not what you wanted, but this is my react for charmslot

INI:
CharmClick:
    action: "/useitem ${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}"
    condition: "${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && !${Me.Moving} && ${Cast.Ready[${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}]}"

That seems to cast it every time the item is ready, even if you have the buff already. Would seem to be a waste if you were in combat and the buff was hit and removed, yet your item was just clicked 2 minutes ago, because of no reason.

Currently I am using the below, which will only buff you if you do not have the buff (resting or Combat)

Buff Section:
Buffs1=${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}|Me|Cond1

Heal Section : (will get click in combat)
Heals10=${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}|99|Me|Cond1

Conditon:
Cond1-!${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Geomantra XXIV].RankName}].ID}

I am just trying to avoid having to change Geomantra XXIV every time it is upgraded.

I would suggest adding "&& !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Geomantra XXIV].RankName}].ID}" to the end of your react.

Simply putting this should be sufficient. Any item in the charm slot should only cast if the item buff drops.
Checks the item in Charm Slot
Checks the buff on the charm
Checks your buff window
If buff is not present then cast

Buffs1=${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}|Me

Simply putting this should be sufficient. Any item in the charm slot should only cast if the item buff drops.
Checks the item in Charm Slot
Checks the buff on the charm
Checks your buff window
If buff is not present then cast

Buffs1=${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}|Me

Will this work in the dps and heal section?

If I /echo it returns the name of the charm, the name of the item is not the name of the spell it casts. Unless there is some vodoo going on I do not understand.

DPS1=${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}|60

Will cast when ready unless you set up a condition to cast otherwise.
DPS1=${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}|60|Cond1
Cond1=${Target.Named}

Haven't tried using this in heals, but should work the same way as DPS instead of mob hp% use your hp%

Last edited:
DPS1=${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}|60

Will cast when ready unless you set up a condition to cast otherwise.

The condition is what I am after hehe...

I am just trying to avoid having to change Geomantra XXIV Nomenclature in the condition every time the item is upgraded. I do not want it to cast every time it is ready or at a certain health of me or a mob. That would be a waste. I just want it cast when it wears off or gets knocked off, at anytime in the KA Routine. Which is being done the current way I have it set up.

I thought there might be a way to sub the highlighted part of this condition !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Geomantra XXIV].RankName}].ID} with verbiage similar to {Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell} (which echo's the name of the spell the charm casts) so I don't have to when the item is upgraded. Maybe it can't be done /shrug.

If I /echo it returns the name of the charm, the name of the item is not the name of the spell it casts. Unless there is some vodoo going on I do not understand.
The voodoo might be that kissassist automatically checks if the item is ready or if you have the buff on you already.

The item should already cast if the buff is not present, without a condition. I'm not comprehending why you would want a condition to tell you if you have the buff on or not. hehe

LINE1:
If I type:
/echo ${Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell} in my mq2chat window it returns Geomantra XXIV because it is the spell the item in my charm inventory slot will cast if clicked.

LINE2:
If I type:
/echo ${Me.Buff[Geomantra XXIV].ID} in my mq2chat window it returns what slot the buff is in or NULL if you do not have it. This makes the statement True or False.

How do I change the text [Geomantra XXIV] in LINE 2 to use this text ${Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell} like LINE 1 and still have it return what slot the buff is in or NULL if you do not have it

I assumed it would be similar to:

${Me.Buff.(Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell).ID}

But it returns NULL whether I have the buff or not. I assume because I am not bracketing it right or using the correct syntax.

This is the best I can explain it, sorry if I am confusing people.

K add && !${Me.Buff[${Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell}].ID}

This statement alone does the trick. I knew I had brackets done wrong, but thought I tried it like you had it.

Yours: !${Me.Buff[${Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell}].ID}
Mine: !${Me.Buff.(Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell).ID}

So Your !${Me.Buff[${Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell}].ID} is doing the same thing as my OLD !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Geomantra XXIV].RankName}].ID} , BUT now I will never have to edit the geomantra portion again, unless the slot the buff is cast from changes.

Thank you so much @saar

New Code:
INI:
Buff Section:
Buffs1=${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}|Me|Cond1

Heal Section : (will get click in combat)
Heals10=${InvSlot[Charm].Item.Name}|99|Me|Cond1

Conditon:
Cond1=!${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Buff[${Me.Inventory[Charm].Spell}].ID}

Once I get home I'll write up a better one that should adapt for any changes to that spell line

This is huge if you run 6+ accts with 6 different ini's (OR MORE) and not have to edit them each upgrade or expansion. Plus everyone seems to put the geomantra in just the buff section, which is only using half of it's protentional possibly. Why would you not want to click it if ready while in combat?

Question - Need help with a Cond for Geomantra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back