• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Need Help. "Waiting for connection box?" (1 Viewer)

whytdrumer

RedCents
1,184¢
So I'm getting back into boxing and reinstalled Kissassist but can't seem to get it to launch. I seem to have updated to Macroquest, made sure I have the latest version, but when I click the Launch MQ button nothing seems to happen. Am I missing something? I know it has to be user error :P

Solution
t
Says "Waiting for connections on port: 2112..."
that is the eqbc server, that isnt kissassist, and that isn't necessarily macroquest (as eqbcs, the server part, runs outside of macroquest --- the plugin mq2eqbc connects to eqbcs).

mq2eqbc is one of the 2 available "broadcast" methods for macroquest, the other being dannet.

dannet is the defaulted suggested method of doing that. some folks (like me) run both, some folks run just eqbc, some folks just run dannet.

I suggest using dannet, and unchecking the "launch eqbcs" button on your patcher, unless you have intention to use eqbc

here are the new user videos, which will help getting dannet setup

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ...
Ok. Where can i set the toons to load? I see a dropdown in the top left that allows me to select the previous groups I made but I don't see a place to create new groups. It used to just launch my group. Seems to be a new layout since I last used it (which was awhile ago haha.)

Awesome that was super helpful. Now, is there a resource for up to date commands? I'm using the kissassist.com page. For example, "/bcg //stayhere" doesn't seem to be working?

Oldman66 is right. I know when I started I was anxious to be up and running, but it does take a bit of time and study. It's worth 1000% to watch the videos below, maybe twice as I did.

t
Says "Waiting for connections on port: 2112..."
that is the eqbc server, that isnt kissassist, and that isn't necessarily macroquest (as eqbcs, the server part, runs outside of macroquest --- the plugin mq2eqbc connects to eqbcs).

mq2eqbc is one of the 2 available "broadcast" methods for macroquest, the other being dannet.

dannet is the defaulted suggested method of doing that. some folks (like me) run both, some folks run just eqbc, some folks just run dannet.

I suggest using dannet, and unchecking the "launch eqbcs" button on your patcher, unless you have intention to use eqbc

here are the new user videos, which will help getting dannet setup

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Solution
Question - Need Help. "Waiting for connection box?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back