• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Necro Team. (1 Viewer)

Anyone running a Necro team that can give us some feedback on test changes? Are they the next op class?
Imo, even with increased damage and cost, it doesn't address the life of dots and how the time to kill in current (at least group) content is so brief.

I'm not sure if there are any/many current raid encounters with multiple mobs - but necros are going to probably be nutty =p
you basically have less casts for the same damage, which means you can do more casts on more mobs (new stacking stuff is meh)

Imo, even with increased damage and cost, it doesn't address the life of dots and how the time to kill in current (at least group) content is so brief.

I'm not sure if there are any/many current raid encounters with multiple mobs - but necros are going to probably be nutty =p
you basically have less casts for the same damage, which means you can do more casts on more mobs (new stacking stuff is meh)
Such a shame they are fun

Lol I have to laugh.. I just checked my Necro and he turned 19 yrs today. I thought to dust him off and see what I can do with him. First I hardly use my necro in a group. Just as the DOTs start to work the mob is dead. If I dot adds the enchanter get pissed. I find that the Necro is more a solo character than a group one. Have not tried the higher content yet so I might have to change my thinking on how to run one. He is fun to run around with and try things. I was wondering about a necro team and how it would work. I might try it and see what happens.

It’s important to point out that I think sometimes we all mentally anchor on this idea that everyone is running a 100% optimized group of tank, bard, sham, zerk, zerk, bst (or another zerk) ... and that’s why we can use the “mobs aren’t alive long enough” argument. But for folks not running optimized groups, necro dots might actually have 30 seconds to do some legit damage.

You’d really need to evaluate it for yourself.

Literally every TOV raid has multi-dot situations... We run 2 necros in both guilds I raid with, and before the fix they were already doing a lot of damage.

Literally every TOV raid has multi-dot situations... We run 2 necros in both guilds I raid with, and before the fix they were already doing a lot of damage.

Our necros routinely top the parse... they fight with the zerkers, a particularly good monk we have, and a druid that fuckin KILLS it sometimes for that spot.

For the group game, I guess the revisions helped. Certainly, I'm doing a lot more damage when fights are in the 30 to 60 second range. But in a fast killing group where mobs die in 11 to 29 seconds, I don't see a huge difference. In the course of killing 477 mobs in Tofs with an average kill time of 23.5 seconds, my 115 necro averaged 84,500 DPS plus almost 22K DPS for pet, 106.5K DPS. In a warrior, shaman, rogue, zerk, BL, necro group,

Rogue averaged 309,000; Beastlord came in at 153K; warrior 134K. So Necro still beats out the bard and shaman in terms of dps, but loses to the warrior.

[I'm getting much better DPS from my necros these days; much better! I've figured out better ways to handle really short under 30 second fights and I have a decent line up for 30+ second fights, different approaches]

Last edited:
any good necro ini .. out there after the patch ………………..I run a 3x necro team ..would like to update them .. please ty

I always wonder if KA would keep track of dot as to not override the same one that's still ticking. Thinking about making the last team a necro team and was wondering if KA will keep overriding dots.

if not you could allways add conditions for your dots so you wont overwrite them.

No idea if kiss checks it by its own tho.

In the Kiss guide/instructions, it says "Dot's will be reapplied when they drop off the target." I have two 115 Necro .inis,one throws in a condition to make sure that dots are off before recasting, the other just assumes that Kiss is checking.

I'm pretty sure you don't need the condition in most cases.

Discussion - Necro Team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back