• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - named in stratos

RedCents
508¢
Triumphal Still Sky keeps wiping me and im at a loss what to change any advice change of my strat or help would be greatly appreciated my current group set up is sk,clr,shm,nec,mage and chanter

Sic

curlyboi always win
RedCents
6,232¢
Triumphal Still Sky keeps wiping me and im at a loss what to change any advice change of my strat or help would be greatly appreciated my current group set up is sk,clr,shm,nec,mage and chanter
What is causing your wipes? need to do a root-cause analysis

you're probably getting some spell reflects on this mob?

if you're having issue with getting knocked around you can use mounts

Triumphant Still Sky on EQresource

Code:
Spells / abilities:
Intangible Defense - NPC Self Buffs with this - Increases NPC's chance to reflect spells by 80%. 3 tick duration.
Explosive Storm - PB AE - Large DD with Stun and Knockback.
Can you strip Intagible Defense?

RedCents
508¢
even with mount's the knockback is giving me a lot of probs 1 min my group is together then when I switch one or two has been moved to the starting island.maybe im getting the grp to close? since it is a PB AE

RedCents
508¢
yeah I think I am able to strip it also I can also trade out the nec for dru maybe more heals is what I am missing. horizon of destiny is also up but reading on him I may have the same probs

Sic

curlyboi always win
RedCents
6,232¢
yeah I think I am able to strip it also I can also trade out the nec for dru maybe more heals is what I am missing. horizon of destiny is also up but reading on him I may have the same probs
if you have a cleric and a shm and you need more heals you might want to take a look at your tank.

how much TBL experience do you have? TBL is real rough on tanks - definitely need a half decent set of armor and ac augs otherwise you're gonna get wtfexploded

RedCents
508¢
other than GMM ive only been messing around in stratos for a week or so now my sk is at 266khp and 6400ac and is only missing 4 pieces of TBL vis to be full,well shield also shield in EoK chase

RedCents
239¢
Do you put your toons on auto follow? I find with knockbacks and such, if I have them on auto follow, they will stay with me instead of getting blown too far away.

Sic

curlyboi always win
RedCents
6,232¢
looking thru it may be that a few of my grp needs to be better geared lol
Code:
What is causing me to lose?
   Tank dying?
        Why is tank dying?
            adds?
            healer oom?
                fully buffed, 100% mana before pull?
            healer dying?
                adds?
            healer healing others too much?
            tank taking too much dmg?
Yeah best thing is to break down what is causing you to lose, then why that is happening.

Sometimes it is an easy fix - like putting up temp buffs / burns before incoming on pull

sometimes it is positioning, or understanding the fight

sometimes your group isn't up to snuff

sometimes it might be pathing sucks and you're getting 100 adds

Last edited:
RedCents
508¢
thank you so much for your help much appreciated!!, sometimes I get frustrated quickly and tend to loose sight of what I need to do

RedCents
5,633¢
Don't fight mobs with auto follow enabled. It will cut your dps down to like 10-20% of where it should be because melee will try to follow the tank, but if they get too far away from you because they're trying to melee a mob they will jerk back to you. Also, casters will constantly move to try to stay with you, which means they're not casting (or at least not finishing any casts).

What I do is pay attention to the knockbacks and use a "move to me" hotkey. It just has everyone immediately move to me, but as soon as they're back they're nuking/dps'ing/healing without missing a beat.

I use:
Code:
/bcg //moveto loc ${Me.Y} ${Me.X}

RedCents
970¢
Could try using Glyph of Dragon Scales. You can buy for 216 loyalty points if you don't have the spare AA. Its a HUGE bump to defensive.

Slot 1:Increase Mitigation by 50%
Slot 2:Increase Avoidance by 50%
Slot 3:Absorb 35% of DoT Damage
Slot 4:Increase Max Mana by 20%
Slot 5:Absorb 35% of Spell Damage on Hits over 2500
Slot 6:Absorb 35% of Melee Damage on Hits over 2500
Slot 7:Increase Max Hit Points by 20%
Slot 8:Increase Max Endurance by 20%

RedCents
5,633¢
Could try using Glyph of Dragon Scales. You can buy for 216 loyalty points if you don't have the spare AA. Its a HUGE bump to defensive.

Slot 1:Increase Mitigation by 50%
Slot 2:Increase Avoidance by 50%
Slot 3:Absorb 35% of DoT Damage
Slot 4:Increase Max Mana by 20%
Slot 5:Absorb 35% of Spell Damage on Hits over 2500
Slot 6:Absorb 35% of Melee Damage on Hits over 2500
Slot 7:Increase Max Hit Points by 20%
Slot 8:Increase Max Endurance by 20%
This is good info. I should start using this more often... do something with the 330 aa's sitting in my freakin queue.