• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - My time using RG and Very Vanilla (1 Viewer)

RedCents
312¢
Hello, I want to start off by saying I absolutely love the CTWN class plugins and all the macros. So for the last 6 or so months, I have been using Redguides VV and I have to say I am hooked on it. Are there a few things I would change yes but other than that it is really nice. I Love the map SEQ showing where everything is including the players. Another thing I like is it detects if you have your epic or not. 1 thing I don't like is if a class is on Vorpal it moves SOOOO much. I just find it difficult when I go to click something and it readjusts. Now, these are just my own experiences however they wont keep me from using RG and VV. Let me know what your experiences were.

glad to hear you're having fun

re: the cwtn plugins - yes vorpal is an assist mode. so if you have usemelee on, and are in an assist mode, you're going to use your stickhow to stick to the mob after you nav to it to engage it. yup. if you don't want to do that, you can either a: be in manual mode, or b: for classes like mage/enchanter/sham/cler you can just turn off usemelee. but otherwise they will, in fact, move to do the stuff they need to do.

if you are going to manually do something you would want to consider being in manual mode, or pause the plugin.

re: not cwtn stuff

I used myseq for years before i heard about macroquest - i stil love it - and i find myself instinctively looking over to my myseq monitor when i'm playing other games when i'm trying to "check the map"

I really enjoy being able to nav. I think our mq experience would be significantly more clunky without it. so many other games end up feeling like running simulator when i just want to nav somewhere ***looking at you new world***

I really enjoy the fact that mq gives a place where people like myself, with no programming knowledge, background, or skill, can ease into something practical and learn how to do stuff that feels amazing and rewarding.

I have used Kiss and Rg and CTWN plugs myself. I love all 3. I like the plugs the most for easy pulling setup. Vorpal setting has some wander but it looks more natural. I have a hotbutton to run em back to me if they get a little too unruly lol. Only thing I don't like is how the tank runs up to the mob to tank it. My pet peave is I always play in first person and any software I have ever used looks up or down at the mob. I hate that..I can hit 5 on the keyboard a 1000 times....drives me nuts. I have a sk so I like to pull with spell and wait till it is all the way in camp and practically on my head to engage. That being said it has to be set that way or on a class such as warrior it wouldn't tank correctly or toons would die so that isn't a fault by any means. I use Kiss for the bard because I can tweak the dps since I like all my toons even the cleric to be beating on shit and in the bards case maximum dottage less crowd control because I single pull on sk or maybe 2 and only use bard mezz to save my ass or an occasional mission. Rgmercs is great for easy setup and go and competes with plugs on dps numbers for the toons I have used it on. I like to tweak things and all 3 provide me with hours of fun with my hotbuttons and settings. I switch between them a lot just for the heck of it to see how they are fairing or if I can't afford to get the plugs for a month or so. Can't say anything bad about any of them. I just love the options. Just wish I had the knowledge some have about the programming and setups but I am learning. All for hardly nothing a month...what's not to like.

Yeah I love using cwtn plugins for the toons I have that can use them. For the ones that don't I use rg mercs right now. I'm an old fart (not really), have no programming experience but all the guides have made it "easy' for me to understand, so thanks to everyone that has made one!

I would say what I am most really enjoying about it is that I use a full group, and can actually do group content close to the level range by myself. I've been going through the group progression stuff from the different expansions, right now I'm on SoD and i've just really been enjoying doing things that I haven't or weren't able to do when I played long long ago.

So a big thanks and happy new year to everyone that has contributed to this site!

Yeah I love using cwtn plugins for the toons I have that can use them. For the ones that don't I use rg mercs right now. I'm an old fart (not really), have no programming experience but all the guides have made it "easy' for me to understand, so thanks to everyone that has made one!

I would say what I am most really enjoying about it is that I use a full group, and can actually do group content close to the level range by myself. I've been going through the group progression stuff from the different expansions, right now I'm on SoD and i've just really been enjoying doing things that I haven't or weren't able to do when I played long long ago.

So a big thanks and happy new year to everyone that has contributed to this site!
what's been your favorite zone so far bearshark?

Discussion - My time using RG and Very Vanilla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back