• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - My current progress (1 Viewer)

Giggles

RedCents
836¢
Ok so even though i am still a beginner, I have the itch. I have not yet purchased a CWTN yet but just using the available ini's out there, shout out to sic for some of yours. this is where i am at. I have a set of toons now that i am switching in and out and trying to find the best combo. I would like any input to what i have found, if im missing certain skills or something I am overlooking. so I started with tank paladin, i made a new SK, brought him to same/similar status as pally. Im noticing SK a little better on the DPS but with the pally 20% heal aura and heal abilities, a SK even with taps as far as group content pally IMO takes my tank spot. i leveled a shammy, and cleric, I am a melee type person so i was leaning shammy, but they cannot keep up with a cleric in clutch missions. next was not really even a close call, enchy is king crowd control but in group situations, Bard is just an all round badass, So at this point i am Pally, cleric, bard. I have heard the argument pally and cleric are butt buddies blah blah. but some truth to the pudding, the 20% heal aura and the cleric mitigation aura I cannot see where a war or a SK is a better combo. So I have my base 3 my core. I have now made 2 rogues and 2 zerks my first zerk is one i played forever other than my pally. Now I dont know if there is an upgrade to this or im missing something on the zerks but all the mutual class enhancements for zerks compared to the rogues with there zek line, Im getting higher dps from my dual rogue setup compared to my zerk setup. am I missing something on the zerks?? that leaves my final spot. Any suggestions?

Ok so even though i am still a beginner, I have the itch. I have not yet purchased a CWTN yet but just using the available ini's out there, shout out to sic for some of yours. this is where i am at. I have a set of toons now that i am switching in and out and trying to find the best combo. I would like any input to what i have found, if im missing certain skills or something I am overlooking. so I started with tank paladin, i made a new SK, brought him to same/similar status as pally. Im noticing SK a little better on the DPS but with the pally 20% heal aura and heal abilities, a SK even with taps as far as group content pally IMO takes my tank spot. i leveled a shammy, and cleric, I am a melee type person so i was leaning shammy, but they cannot keep up with a cleric in clutch missions. next was not really even a close call, enchy is king crowd control but in group situations, Bard is just an all round badass, So at this point i am Pally, cleric, bard. I have heard the argument pally and cleric are butt buddies blah blah. but some truth to the pudding, the 20% heal aura and the cleric mitigation aura I cannot see where a war or a SK is a better combo. So I have my base 3 my core. I have now made 2 rogues and 2 zerks my first zerk is one i played forever other than my pally. Now I dont know if there is an upgrade to this or im missing something on the zerks but all the mutual class enhancements for zerks compared to the rogues with there zek line, Im getting higher dps from my dual rogue setup compared to my zerk setup. am I missing something on the zerks?? that leaves my final spot. Any suggestions?

just for synergy (making them work best with each other) a good rule of thumb is Bard for melee groups and Enchanter for caster groups. Its not a hard line to follow but it typically works well. I run a cleric instead of a shammy simply for the rez. I hear shammy's get good at healing later in the game but i'm not there yet. I am partial to SK over Pally simply because its what i had 20 years ago. My main though was a rogue. I don't have one in my group because i followed collective advice that 3 zerkers was best. I haven't missed the rogue one bit.

The fun part is you can create unlimited accounts for FTP and play around with so many different combos. You could use VV MQ2 to 6 box for 2 years doing old content and testing groups before you reach endgame and have to commit.

best of luck to you!

Maybe its that i played a zerk for so long, I made one the day they were introduced to the game, rogue i never really played much. Now im really enjoying the rogue maybe its just i been a zerker so long something new.

your group setup is looking good. key things on paly is load up a self heal and a group heal or two,
Run Paly/Shm/Bard/Zerk/Zerk/Beast(or Rog, or another zerk) make sure ur zerks are doing alliance (if ur not running cwtn theres code to put in KA that makes it check to see if the buff is up and if not use it) zerks really need high hdex to gottta get them the type 5s

atm i have wayyyyyyy tooo many damn toon combos LMFAO(guess i fit right in eh, soo many here do as well)
My FAV setup atm is Paly/Shm/Bard/Zerk/Zerk/Bst second fav is to switch out the bst for a 3rd zerk. But Sk's are really liked cause CWTN has a SK plugin atm which makes them super easy.

My main has always been a pally created one month after EQ went live, so I am always partial to them, however, my bro's SK is better able to handle content. You mentioned SKs are better dps and that might be true but pally dps in ToV is pretty ungodly as well. Until my zerkers got epics they could not consistently beat my pally dps and when I use pally burn (yes that is a thing ever 20 mins) my damage is amazing for 3 mins.

What I have noticed is Pally tank is good with clr heals but SK is good w/o heals so shm works really well with SK.

As for the pally aura, it is nice to have but not really a big issues end game when your healers have enough mana and fast heals to keep you alive through most situations. Just start playing around with your pulls to see what you can and cant handle and make sure you never cross that line.

Rogues and Zerkers are going to be close to the same dps but zerkers win overall but imo not enough to say "I gotta have zerkers". I have zerkers because i got cwtn plugin and cheaper to have 1 plugin than 2-3 more. (Quiet CWTN i'm tring to find more funds to get others).

One thing that is very important is making sure you get epic 2.0 on you melee. I have one zerker with his and his dps is always the highest, will be better once I finish bard 2.0.

Keep in mind as well your melee can do fine in FTP mode but if they are GOLD your DPS will be far higher (if you can afford to keep them active it will help). I am not able to farm Krono so explaining to the wife that I need to drop $75 / month on a computer game is not something I have figured out how to do yet. I only keep tank and healer accounts active.

I am not able to farm Krono so explaining to the wife that I need to drop $75 / month on a computer game is not something I have figured out how to do yet. I only keep tank and healer accounts active.

I like creative finance for my accounts. I pay by the year on a couple EQ accounts so that drops my price to $9.99 a month. Easy to justify that. Kinda like buy 1 get 1 free so I point out that while 1 account is $15 I can get 2 for $20 thus saving $5. (numbers rounded here)

I then use a credit card with some kind of discount so the $119/year is slightly less or covers the tax. I can justify $9.99 a month.

But wait you say? All that $119 right off the bat? In the states I have a couple accounts that charge that once a year fee right after my income tax refund deposits. And I do my taxes thru free programs on the IRS website so no charge there.

The other purchases in game are funded thru my paypal account which is funded thru some survey sites so that depends on how active I have been with those. Or even if I ever sell stuff on Ebay that has been sitting for years waiting for me to actually list them.

You would be surprised what sells in the baz also. I run thru Shards and some other zones and those drops like Bubbling Shoulderpads off the named can sell for 5000 plat on the low side but I usually have a nice stock of them so it adds up.

The low level drops sell very well, elegant, defiant etc - the trick there is since those are so common for us higher levels then when you get some you can sell it for low prices. This makes the buyer happy cause most lower levels don't have much plat and you get at least 10 times what the NPC merchant would give you for it.

Collectables are still selling well, even though folks can get them off the Overseer, I usually sell a couple a week for 10k each. And not a single one is from TOV or COV collects!

I like to make my accounts work when I am not playing, so each one has a baz trader. Pop them up and while I might not sell much for a couple days it does start adding up. Might not get enough each month but now and then I wind up with enough for a Krono at least every other month.

Question - My current progress

Users who are viewing this thread

Back