• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Multiple Eqclients 2021 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,195¢
Since I have to reinstall a computer I figured I'd redo EQ as well and tidy up a few things, one thing I wanted to do was solve an issue to use the best way to have multi .ini versions of EQ, so I can essentially have high rez and low rez teams to save memory. Now I wanted to learn a bit to streamline and do whats "best", but whats easiest might have to do.

I only recall of three methods, so please help me with filling in info or adding better ways to do this.

1. WinEQ2/Innerspace: I used to use this a very long time ago and liked it, but it took so much time to setup. Upon looking at the current version and seeing a bit of some posts on here it seems to me like its rather a whole lot of work (subjective I know..haha) to get it to go, but I would guess its a very good way once its done, and uses only one hard drive and one EQ installation.

2. 2 HDD installs of EQ: Meaning a C: and D: install of EQ and point MQ2 Profile character to each Hdd install. Seems easiest I think..but I am open to hearing what you guys think. For me, it would be C: drive better graphics team and D: drive low rez or stick figure graphics team. As for the 2nd install, its actually just copying over the C drive install of EQ to D: and modifying the eqclient.ini

3. Using @Denethor Multi EQclient.ini method : I'm not sure I totally get it, it seems easy, but I am a Redfrog of very little brain.

Theses are the only ways I know, please bonk my head with the branch of info.

#2 you can just run from separate folders, doesn't have to be separate drives

You can also do a symbolic link of the files on the second folder except eqclient.ini obviously, if you're tight on hard drive space, I think there's a post on here explaining how to set that up
EDIT: oh yeah, that's your option #3

@methodx for #2 Yes, it can be on the same drive, my C: is a SSD and D: is a regular Sata. I'll ask here if you more tech knowledgable would weigh in if the SSD would care if I had the 2nd EQ dir on that drive or on drive D? When I'm running EQ, the idea it would be for maybe 2, and possibly 3 groups (only 1 with nice graphics...and maybe even only just one character at that with nice graphics? Hmm)

As for option #3, I got it all the way to the very very last part, then I am a bit lost, maybe its so simple it went over my head and I just need to revisit it and try again.

#2 on same drive works the same as beta or test. The folder has a slightly different name that's all, and the launcher points at the folders you want it to. I have EQ(1) EQ (2) EQ (beta) EQ (test) etc etc.

Option 1: IsBoxer is the paid version of WinEq. It will allow you to have virtual Ini files and it is not too difficult to setup.
It is a Paid Program though - but thoroughly worth every cent.

ISBoxer might take a few days to figure out but it's the Gold standard for everything multiboxing. I still use it to launch my teams, provide virtualized eqclient capability, custom window layout control, cpu control, frames control, and keypress broadcasting. And I don't mind supporting Joe at Lavishsoft since it's no different than supporting EQMule and Brainiac here on Redguides. If you want nice shiny things sometimes you need to open the wallet a crack.

I’ve done both.
multiple installs is as easy as copying the EQ folder. Ran 3 copies on a notebook. Stick with SSD, you can run EQ on spinning rust but your zone times notably increase. SSD are pretty cheep these days.

Once I have Isboxer a chance I was hooked on that. It did take a bit to figure out what worked best. There are some good getting started videos. Personally I use it for window management, Disabled all the key broadcasting in IsBoxer and let MQ2 do all the real work.

im not sure how ISBoxer would work when the EQ instances are different resolution. Never tried that.

I used to play on a RAM disk who is 10'000 x faster than my SSD and zoning time is not 10'000 x faster.
Just use different EQ folder per account, so you can set different graphics settings. You do not need to install EQ a multiple of time, just copy one EQ folder. If you need to display more than 1 EQ per screen, you can use WinSplit Revolution to set 3, 4, 6, ... EQ per screen. On main set high graphics setting and lower on alts account folders.
Boxing_computer_small.jpg

I used to play on a RAM disk who is 10'000 x faster than my SSD and zoning time is not 10'000 x faster.
Just use different EQ folder per account, so you can set different graphics settings. You do not need to install EQ a multiple of time, just copy one EQ folder. If you need to display more than 1 EQ per screen, you can use WinSplit Revolution to set 3, 4, 6, ... EQ per screen. On main set high graphics setting and lower on alts account folders.

I'm insanely jealous! That's a nice setup you have there!

Question - Multiple Eqclients 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back