• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQUI files (1 Viewer)

Blueice22

RedCents
Ok trying to figure out how to load the MQUI files that come with the RG compile. I've tried searching but still have yet to find anything. If anyone could provide a helping hand or point me in the correct direction it would be greatly appreciated.

NM I ended remembering how to do this one. For everyone who doesn't know or can't remember here ya go.

Copy your default UI and make another folder named whatever you wanna name it. Copy & paste the UI files that are included in the request zip into that new directory. Look for EQUI.xml and open it with notepad or wordpad.

You will see an area in there that looks like

Rich (BB code):
<XML ID = "EQInterfaceDefinitionLanguage">
    <Composite>
        <Include>SIDL.xml</Include>
        <Include>EQUI_Animations.xml</Include>
        <Include>EQUI_Templates.xml</Include>

down at the bottom of this section you need to add in the lines of the UI files that you want to use like this.

Rich (BB code):
<Include>MQUI_ClickiesWnd.xml</Include>
	<Include>MQUI_DoCrackWnd.xml</Include>
	<Include>MQUI_DpsWnd.xml</Include>
	<Include>MQUI_SpellTimerWnd.xml</Include>
        <Include>MQUI_CastTimerWnd.xml</Include>
        <Include>MQUI_TimerWnd.xml</Include>
	<Include>MQUI_ExpWnd.xml</Include>

Now once those are added into it just save it and close the file and log in game and load up your UI that you just created.

No...you don't.

The instructions in RedQuest ARE correct. All you need to do is drop the XML files in your default folder. MQ2 adds a MQUI.xml to the file without you needing to adjust...anything.

Please read the instructions next time:
Instructions:

Download the zip at the bottom of this post
Unzip to a folder of your choice
Run MacroQuest2.exe from that folder
Run EverQuest.exe
In-Game, type "/plugin <plugin name> load" to add all plugins you wish to use
Refer back to this post for any syntax and plugin descriptions you need
For plugins that require an XML window, don't forget to put the MQUI files in your "default" ui folder.

And look! We even have the same avatar!

What plugins are you using? Are you getting any error messages when you log in? Do you start MQ2 before you enter the game? Do you use a custom UI?

I have to believe that you're doing something wrong...the RedQuest compile gets thousands of downloads per zip, and the only time I *ever* see complaints are when there are actual code problems...which there aren't, in this zip.

That said, I'd like to get it working for you the way that it's supposed to work. Trust me, it's a whole lot more patch-friendly.

I'm just using the default UI. No error messages when I log in at all and I start MQ2 before I even load EQ at all. I tried putting them in the default UI folder and when I started EQ still got no error messages. Tried /docrackwnd and all I got was "there was a problem opening Docrackwnd" I would love to get it working as it was intended.

Okay, try this for me.

Create a new folder in UIFiles, drop the default EQUI.xml in there, and then load *that* up. Once that's done, start MQ, start EQ, then load that "new" UI.

MQUI files

Users who are viewing this thread

Back