• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2XTarInfo (1 Viewer)

Hi,

Since moving to MQNext I can no long see distance in the Extended target window. I am using a custom UI (Default old) https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=4615

If I load the default Everquest UI the target distance works again.

Would appreciate you help.

Thank you
5. if you want the functionality of the MQ2 "MQ2TargetInfo" - They are now in 3 separate plugins:
/plugin groupinfo
/plugin targetinfo
/plugin xtarinfo

so you'll probably want to check out and edit for your xtarinfo.

depending on your ui, might not be compatable

Thank your for your Reply.

I played around with this a bit.
If I take the EQUI_Groupwindow, EQUI_playerwindow & the EQUI_extendedtargetwindow from the EQ Default UI and dump it into my custom UI the distance on the Extended target window works but the distance in the group window stops working.

All 3 plugins are loaded and have distance turned on
/plugin groupinfo
/plugin targetinfo
/plugin xtarinfo

I am stumped

Last edited:
What is the name of your custom Ui? The way those plugins are written they probably need custom settings to match your UI

So, that’s the reason that group window stops working if you copy in the other files. Group Window already has the settings to match default_old so copying the default group window in means you are using the default window with the wrong settings.

Probably just need to look at it and update for xtar and tar.

This one is a tough one as it depends on the size of window you use, but:

[UI_default_old]
UseExtLayoutBox=0
LabelBaseXT=Player_ManaLabel
ExtDistanceLoc=0,-20,70,150

Will give you:

1639862099541.png

Adjust the 150 value to fit the size of window you use.

Knightly is there a way for this to adjust with re-sizing the window?

Well Met everyone. I'm using MQ Next and can't find a way to parse dps. Is there something I'm missing?

Should be included. Give it a peek.

Is there a trick to get this working with resizable xtarget windows? I have messed with it most of the night and can't seem to get it to unglom from the first position.

1660899577699.png

Looking to do a slight tweak. Basicly want to get rid of the decimal place as nothing in eq is that sensitive and would like to change the distances at which the # changes color and even add in a yellow distance. Not seeing anything in the settings ini to change this. Would I have to tweak the code itself?

Looking to do a slight tweak. Basicly want to get rid of the decimal place as nothing in eq is that sensitive and would like to change the distances at which the # changes color and even add in a yellow distance. Not seeing anything in the settings ini to change this. Would I have to tweak the code itself?
they're hard coded
C++:
float dist = Distance3DToSpawn(pLocalPlayer, pSpawn);
sprintf_s(szTargetDist, "%.2f", dist);

if (dist < 250)
{
                pWnd->SetCRNormal(MQColor(0, 255, 0)); // green
}
else
{
                pWnd->SetCRNormal(MQColor(255, 0, 0)); // red
}

INI:
                    sprintf_s(szTargetDist, "%.2f", dist);

if (dist < 250) {
                        pWnd->SetCRNormal(MQColor(0, 255, 0)); // green
                    } else if (dist >= 250 && dist < 400) {
                        pWnd->SetCRNormal(MQColor(255, 255, 0)); // yellow
                    } else {
                        pWnd->SetCRNormal(MQColor(255, 0, 0)); // red
                    }
Appreciate the reference. Was easy enough to patch that. I am guessing the "%.2f" has to do with the decimal place? Finally getting a handle on the MQ scripting, C is next on my list.

I'm guessing "%d" would strip it down to just an integer wo any decimal?

Last edited:
What I did but thought there was a cleaner way to just have it print as an integer and not a float. Will check out the link though.

Plugin - MQ2XTarInfo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back