• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2Twist question (1 Viewer)

letmein

RedCents
Why is it that when Selo's is about to drop, it won't chain cast Selo's until it lands?

This bug is the only reason I die. I've tried doing a /twist adjust 6 so that it starts the recast 6 ticks earlier....eh he still casts Selo's whenever the fuck he feels like it. :confused:

So I do a /twist adjust 15. again...starts casting it when he wants to.

So my problem is, Selo's runs out, and starts running very slowly...getting beat to death and can you guess what MQ2Twist decides is the best song to sing? ANYTHING BUT Selo's.

Chained.....I sat back to watch what it was going to try to do as I died. Didn't try to cast Selo's ONCE.

Is there a way I can fix this? I want MQ2Twist to begin casting Selo's at 45 secs left before it wears out. And I want it to chain cast it. If I get interupted or whatever, I want it to keep casting it until it lands. So, I want #1 priority on Selo's...dots are last.

Also, I noticed if I try to include my Hymn of restoration to recover hitpoints, Hymn is what takes precedence over Selo's on being recast. So it lets Selo's wear off before it let's Hymn.

Is there an INI or something that I can put in some code that says all this?

Thanks!

how do you have your twist setup?

I use /twist 1 3 4 1 4 5

or something like that. the selos is recast every few songs. I am sure you have this setup, give a little more info. What is your twist and what are all the songs you use. What aa is active, instruments, where you kiting at?

With a little more info might be able to help you out with this.

Army soldier,

Let me tell you what worked for me at those lvls. I never died.

/twist 1 2 1 3 1 4

Where:
1=Selos (lvl5)
2=Tuyen Flame (lvl 38)
3=Fulfils curtailing chant (lvl 30)
4=Hymn of replenishment
This worked for me all the way up to lvl 49. I averaged about 1-1/2 to 2 lvls per 6 hrs shift.

My issue is with using the Lvl 49 version Selo's Chorus.

This Selo's lasts for 2:30 sec. rather than 12 secs of the lvl 5 version.

Here is the strategy that works for me.

/twist 1 2 3 4 5
Selo and 4 DoTs (Tuyen's Chant of Flame, etc)
/twist adjust 9

I don't cast any Regen spells
However, I wear items that give me 38 Regen per tick (ie Fungus Covered Scale Tunic, Crystal Shield of Remembrance, and a Muramite War Drum in my primary hand)

At my lvl 65 which i'm sticking at as I grind the AAs (135 so far, that increase my dps, ie IM3, JF3, Improved IM, Crit Affliction3) i get a base 162dmg per dot with crits doing 324 pretty often. I can usually kill a mob in 4 min and get 1AA in 10 kills.

I will get hit periodically but the regen takes care of that. Make sure you use /docrack nostun on.

I have noticed that sometimes Selos does not come up on time, but each 6 hr. Vxed session, i usually get 4 to upwards of 9AA before dying.

Try that.

well my baby bard is now 40 ...

Let .. that cycle is working like a charm

the baby bard has crap gear .. and obviously no AA

he is work in progress... and working gooood 8-)

I've finally figured out the lvl 49 Selo's as well.

/twist 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Where:

1=Selo's Accelerating Chorus
2=Tuyens chant of frost
3=Tuyens chant of disease
4=Tuyens chant of flame
5=Tuyens chant of poison
6=Fulfils curtailing chant
7=Hymn of restoration

/twist adjust 15

I know it looks like alot. But, hear me out. My main priority in 6 hrs is to stay alive. My theory is, the longer I stay alive, the better XP I get.

With that in mind, the /twist adjust 15 will recast Selo's at 1:24 secs remaining. That gives me plenty of time IN CASE I get interupted at that cast, to recast it once more at about 30 secs remaining so I don't go splat.

Hymn of restoration covers any additional abuse I may not be able to regen on my own.

*edit/add* I kill rats in about 2 mins 30 secs. So...the DPS is there, this is using the Thunderous drum of Karana.

With that setup, I went from 49 to 54 in 24 hrs. So you all know.....53 and 54 are HELL lvls...and after that, the XP comes to a crawl. No more full lvls every 6 hours in FH. Even with white, yellow, 1 lvl + reds. The XP just plain sucks balls in FH. But, it's easy xp.

Hope this helps.

Get a bit more DPS by adding the following bit of code to your main loop (Selo's in slot 1 is assumed). With this you can eliminate Selo's as part of your normal twist and it will be cast at whatever time you specify (as long as it's a unit of time 2:36 or under and divisible by 6). In the code below you'll see that I have my toon recast Selo's with only 0:18 left on the buff. Works like a charm :).

INI:
/if (${Me.Buff["Selo`s Accelerating Chorus"].Duration.Time(string).Equal[0:18]}) {
   /twist once 1
   /delay 4s
}

armysoldier said:
nice addition Jbone

I assume you change the name in "" to the name of the song? right?
Oops. Well the answer is "YES", but this mod is only useful when using the upgraded Selos, which lasts 2.5mins, instead of original (lvl 5) Selos, which only lasts 3 ticks (the normal duration).

jbone said:
Get a bit more DPS by adding the following bit of code to your main loop (Selo's in slot 1 is assumed). With this you can eliminate Selo's as part of your normal twist and it will be cast at whatever time you specify (as long as it's a unit of time 2:36 or under and divisible by 6). In the code below you'll see that I have my toon recast Selo's with only 0:18 left on the buff. Works like a charm :).

INI:
/if (${Me.Buff["Selo`s Accelerating Chorus"].Duration.Time(string).Equal[0:18]}) {
   /twist once 1
   /delay 4s
}

This is a cool addition to the macro, but I won't use it personally. Too many X-factors with this. Say at .18 you get hit and miss the cast?

Then what? Your dead. For me, like I said, I like to know more than likely unless some shitty ass luck, 6 hrs later I'll still be alive LOL.

Currently killing mobs fast enough anyways. Like I said 2- 2 1/2 mins a kill isn't bad.

Oh, and Ding 57. :cool:

Taking the safe side is never bad :), but as for getting smacked at :18 it happens but the "/twist once" will keep casting Selo's until successful. Step up the time from :18 to a time more comfy if desired. This hasn't failed me once in weeks of usage (though it's clear that experiences with macros seem to differ for different peeps--my bard is so gimp tho lol).

OH! Forgot that I also have the following piece of *just in case* code too (not sure if it's ever been actually utilized tho):
INI:
/if (${Me.Buff["Selo`s Accelerating Chorus"].ID}==NULL) /keypress 0
I'll post what the /keypress does if anyone cares...

Bard is lvl 63 now.

MQ2Twist question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back