• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2TargetInfo

Plugin - MQ2TargetInfo (1 Viewer)

This may not be exactly right because I pulled it from mqnext, but in your MQ2TargetInfo.ini you'll want to create a section called [UI_LodiDodi]. Below are the defaults, which I've copied in to that section for you to play with:

INI:
[UI_LodiDodi]
Target_BuffWindow_TopOffset=76
dTopOffset=60
dBottomOffset=74
dLeftOffset=50

CanSeeTopOffset=47
CanSeeBottomOffset=61

TargetInfoWindowStyle=0
TargetInfoAnchoredToRight=0

; These two labels are used as templates for distance.
Label1=Player_ManaLabel
Label2=Player_FatigueLabel

TargetInfoLoc=34,48,0,40
TargetDistanceLoc=34,48,90,0

Anything you don't need to change, you can delete (since the default will be what it uses if it doesn't exist). And if you get it working, post it back here and we'll include it in the default ini.

It isn't just copy and paste like I thought. What do I edit? I have never done any editing of a UI so have no idea. Do you know of a wiki page for editing UI's?

Well, it's sort of copy/paste. But you would have to play around with the values above (in your MQ2TargetInfo.ini) in order to get everything working and aligned properly. Maybe someone will download the UI and help.

There are so many numbers that can be changed. How do I know what goes where and which ones to change?
TargetInfoLoc=34,48,0,40
TargetDistanceLoc=34,48,90,0

Those are the 2 locs I see. Is this what tells it to place it underneath?

i just swapped to using Sparxx ui and now i dont have the come to me/ follow me/ mimic me buttons
how do i fix this?
open to ideas
also willing to use other .xml group window file to make it work

Not sure if this is where to ask this question as the problem occurred after switching over to MQnext. Anyway, here goes. After switching over to MQnext I see to have lost the distance and target info. I searched the MQnext files and see that I have the MQtargetinfo.dll in the MQnext\plugins file. The MQTargetInfoPH.txt folder in MQnext\resources folder and most importantly my MQ2Targetinfo.ini folder in MQnext\config which houses the information for my customized UI.

So after finding all the files I thought maybe the plugin just needed to be run again so I tried restarting the plugin. I didnt get an error but the information in my group and target windows is still missing. Any ideas on what I may be missing?

Not sure if this is where to ask this question as the problem occurred after switching over to MQnext. Anyway, here goes. After switching over to MQnext I see to have lost the distance and target info. I searched the MQnext files and see that I have the MQtargetinfo.dll in the MQnext\plugins file. The MQTargetInfoPH.txt folder in MQnext\resources folder and most importantly my MQ2Targetinfo.ini folder in MQnext\config which houses the information for my customized UI.

So after finding all the files I thought maybe the plugin just needed to be run again so I tried restarting the plugin. I didnt get an error but the information in my group and target windows is still missing. Any ideas on what I may be missing?
it was split, so there are now 2 plugins mq2targetinfo and mq2groupinfo

I kept TargetInfo and XTarInfo in core since they don't rely on anything outside of core. GroupInfo relies on three or four plugins that aren't in the core repo, so it made sense for it to be split out.

it was split, so there are now 2 plugins mq2targetinfo and mq2groupinfo

Thanks for the info. I did /plugin MQ2groupinfo and the plugin loaded. For most that is probably all you have to do but since I have a custom UI there was a bit more work to do. Running the plugin creates an ini which I was able to then edit. The next time I logged in it was all working. It never would have dawned on me that there would be a new plugin to look for so thanks for the info that put me on the track to fixing it.

Last edited:
Anyone know why i cannot see those three buttons in group window anymore? The follow, micmic buttons?

Attachments

• C33F22A5-5512-45C7-9AB7-A8B4BB730B28.jpeg
    C33F22A5-5512-45C7-9AB7-A8B4BB730B28.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Anyone know why i cannot see those three buttons in group window anymore? The follow, micmic buttons?
if you are running mq "Next" the plugin that offered that functionality for mq2 is now 3 different plugins

you can load them with:
INI:
/plugin mq2targetinfo
/plugin mq2xtarinfo
/plugin mq2groupinfo

No im not using mqnext and havent d/l it. This morning it was there now my next login its not :(
ah,

then you need /plugin mq2targetinfo load with the correct options set to be shown, and you need to be in a group

from the FAQ:

Q. I no longer see the group buttons like Follow Me and Come to Me?
A. Are you in a group? You need to be in a group to see those. Also, ensure you have those options turned on. You can right-click on your group window and select "Show Come to Me Button" or /groupinfo show cometome etc

They just dissapeared on two toons in one of my groups and I dont know how to get them back
are those two toons in a group? in MQ2 "Legacy" (which appears what you are using) it is a single plugin (compared to MQ "next" that is 3 plugins) and that plugin is mq2targetinfo, and it only shows the 3 buttons when you are in a group.

the overview page has a table with the commands to show the status or toggle the state of what you have visible

They just dissapeared on two toons in one of my groups and I dont know how to get them back
you don't need to keep reposting the same thing :( I already moved your thread from the muleassist section (its not a muleassist question) into the correct location, sent you a notification about it AND responded

@Cue60

are those two toons in a group? in MQ2 "Legacy" (which appears what you are using) it is a single plugin (compared to MQ "next" that is 3 plugins) and that plugin is mq2targetinfo, and it only shows the 3 buttons when you are in a group.

the overview page has a table with the commands to show the status or toggle the state of what you have visible

you don't need to keep reposting the same thing :( I already moved your thread from the muleassist section (its not a muleassist question) into the correct location, sent you a notification about it AND responded

@Cue60

Sorry still trying to figure everything out including the forum. I am not well versed in macros or pathing or forums for that matter.

Yes they are in a group. The buttons still are not showing up. I am using Muleassist
yup muleassist is just the automation that you're using, doesn't have anything to do with mq2targetinfo

you need to:

/plugin mq2targetinfo load on all your toons to make sure it is loaded
then
/groupinfo show followme
/groupinfo show cometome
/groupinfo show mimicme
/groupinfo show hot

then you can /groupinfo save

Plugin - MQ2TargetInfo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back