• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2TargetInfo

Plugin - MQ2TargetInfo (5 Viewers)

So I played around with a new UI, decided I didn't like it, and went back to the default UI. Once that happened, I'm no longer seeing distances to my target or my group mates. I deleted and rebuilt the .ini file and reloaded, which did not seem to do anything. I have confirmed that ShowDistance is ON.

Edit: or my xtar. In the target window, I still see LVL/class/LoS info but not distance.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Just wanted to report a MQ2 crash bug with MQ2TargetInfo on the ROF2 client on a a vanilla EqEMU server. When MQ2TargetInfo is loaded on a character who is group leader and you right click on a group member in the group window it causes MQ2 to freeze. If you unload the plugin the problem goes away and right clicking on a group member opens the standard menu, you can set the role, disband etc. Likewise if you are the group leader and you have the plugin unloaded, loading the plugin will then cause the crash, hitting retry just says plugin not found. Will send you a crash report generated. When it crashes you can hit retry and the right click will be repeated where ever the mouse cursor is so the game/mq2 continues on then unless your mouse cursor is still over the group window.

After the patch today, i noticed my targetinfo had mimic me, follow me, hotkeys, etc on my group window again. i had set them to:
ShowComeToMeButton=0
ShowFollowMeButton=0
ShowMimicMeButton=0
ShowHotButtons=0

and i hit save. however, when i log back in, they are all reset to 1 and the stuff shows up on the group window again. i can click them off ingame but i have to do that with every char i log in, every time and i dont want to have to do that.

what would cause this to happen? i like the distance feature so i dont want to disable the entire plugin, just these 4 things. thank you

After the patch today, i noticed my targetinfo had mimic me, follow me, hotkeys, etc on my group window again. i had set them to:
ShowComeToMeButton=0
ShowFollowMeButton=0
ShowMimicMeButton=0
ShowHotButtons=0

and i hit save. however, when i log back in, they are all reset to 1 and the stuff shows up on the group window again. i can click them off ingame but i have to do that with every char i log in, every time and i dont want to have to do that.

what would cause this to happen? i like the distance feature so i dont want to disable the entire plugin, just these 4 things. thank you

I'm glad you posted this.. I have been searching for an hour why my UI is jacked up !

LOL,

I'm outta redcents or I would toss you one !

Found it : I think you need to go into your

This file under Release L
1603335541938.png

This is a side by side comparison and the version changes and it says it will reset : I'm hoping if I just change all these settings to 0- all will be good.
1603335466149.png

****** Changing these settings in this Folder removed the buttons for all *******

I was trying to modify follow/come/mimic button placement and size tonight and there seems to be a wierd issue with the ini file resetting changes. Editing the ini file and /groupinfo reload just resets ini changes. I also tried to force unload mq2, edited the ini, saved, and reloaded mq2 and still saw reversion. Any idea what is going on?

I worked on this for hours, everytime I get it fixed how I like it, all it takes to completely re-write the entire settings for my UI is to log out or log in another toon ...

Not sure how to get help to fix this one.

With last patch the buttons came back, despite I had removed tham some month ago.
Now I had to create a multiline hotbutton to get rid of them ... modifying the mq2Targetinfo.ini setting the 6 parameter to 0 didn't solve my issue.
"1603628219568.png"
Each time logging in, I have to use this hotbutton to get rid of them.

i think i might have gotten it. i changed the version to 2.3, instead of 2.0 and it seems to not change my settings when i log back in. you did that though, didnt you or no?

Made 2 changes to resolve that problem, dunno exactly which one resolved it, but anyway i'll share them.
1. Change the version back to 2.0
Make the change you want to use.
2. Save your file. Close it. Open properties and set it to read only.

Since i have done this, it's no longer resseting to all =1

I use Sparxx UI and I can't seem to get this to work the way it should. Maybe you guys can assist?

This is what it looks like right now, this never worked right with this UI. I changed TargetInfoAnchoredToRight to 1 and got the PH icon to show but thats all I was able to do so far. I've messed it up worse a bunch of times though, lol.

1606069585826.png

This is what the UI section of the ini looks like:
INI:
[UI_Sparxx]
Label1=Player_ManaLabel
Label2=Player_FatigueLabel
DynamicUI=0
GroupDistanceFontSize=2
UseGroupLayoutBox=0
GroupDistanceLoc=13,5,100,2

ComeToMeLoc=34,1,2,42
FollowMeLoc=34,1,44,84
MimicMeLoc=34,1,86,126
HotButton0Loc=34,1,128,168
HotButton1Loc=34,1,170,210
HotButton2Loc=34,1,212,252

TargetInfoAnchoredToRight=1
TargetInfoLoc=0,0,0,40
TargetDistanceLoc=34,48,90,0
UseExtLayoutBox=0
ExtDistanceLoc=0,-10,80,0
Target_BuffWindow_TopOffset=76
dTopOffset=60
dBottomOffset=74
CanSeeTopOffset=47
CanSeeBottomOffset=61
dLeftOffset=50
TargetInfoWindowStyle=0

I never had that piece that tells me stuff like 'Goblin warrior' and the spacing is all off. Any ideas on what I need to change to clean it up and make it work?

Thanks in advance!!

Been tinkering with it and still can't understand what I'm doing wrong. Works fine on default UI it seems.
i use zliz and had to modify the actual group window xml to fix some of the stuff (like having to drag window to resize each time)

I am really struggling with this for some reason.

I changed my ui to something new. My old ui folder was labeled X. I made a new ui folder named Y and installed all new ui files into Y. I load up my new folder Y and no mq2target info shows up. I am using the same extended target window from folder X. I even copied it right from X folder.

I edited the mq2targetinfo.ini so my UI_Y section matches my UI_X section. I reload and still nothing. If I load up my X ui file it works........

Has anyone experienced this and how do I fix it!

Turns out I had to reconfigure the locations of everything, even though it was the same ui piece. Trying to find location coordinates to start for group distance and extended target distance was just guess until the numbers showed up somewhere. Is there a way to know the starting location?

I enjoyed and utilized the PH button in target window for doing hunters and trying to farm augs in TBL.
Target_PH.png
I missed having it in ToV and wanted it back for CoV for the up coming Frostfell.
I couldn't find any updated ones here, sorry if I missed it. So I updated my own files.
I split them up so that you can upload the expansion that you are missing and add them to yours or use the whole file that I have. *it seems to still be missing some older expansions*
The mq2targetinfo.txt file is inside the MQ2folder. The ToV and CoV files will have to be opened, copied and pasted into your mq2targetinfo file.

Attachments

• mq2targetinfo.txt
    73.7 KB · Views: 13
  • ToV_mq2targetinfo.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 10
  • CoV_mq2targetinfo.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 11
I enjoyed and utilized the PH button in target window for doing hunters and trying to farm augs in TBL.
View attachment 26894
I missed having it in ToV and wanted it back for CoV for the up coming Frostfell.
I couldn't find any updated ones here, sorry if I missed it. So I updated my own files.
I split them up so that you can upload the expansion that you are missing and add them to yours or use the whole file that I have. *it seems to still be missing some older expansions*
The mq2targetinfo.txt file is inside the MQ2folder. The ToV and CoV files will have to be opened, copied and pasted into your mq2targetinfo file.
Good job there Sir!

I changed my ini to read below. When I click the follow me key it does make any toon in the zone follow that person with no problems. The issue is when I click it again to turn off the follow me it only turns off for the group. Is there is way to change that or it is a hard coded thing?

Targetinfo.jpg

ComeToMeText=Come To Me
ComeToMeCommand=/dgzexecute /nav id ${Me.ID}
ComeToMeToolTip=/dgzexecute /nav id ${Me.ID}
FollowMeText=Follow Me
FollowMeCommand=/dgzexecute /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
FollowMeeToolTip=/dgzexecute /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
MimicMeSayCommand=/dgzexecute /say
MimicMeHailCommand=/dgzexecute /keypress HAIL

Logged on this mornnig and they are gone. How do i get them back?
You are probably not in a group - get in one :)

if you are in a group you can check your settings with a /groupinfo help and ti will tell you what you have shown/hidden and how to change it

Mimic me is not pointing to npcs any suggestions?
that happens sometimes - I'm not sure what causes it.

normally i unclick mimic me - clear my target (or target myself) then click on mimicme and then target the npc

if i don't see the "notifying target has changed" or w/e message - then i know its borked and just manually do it

Still not working is there a better way for group to get accept quests?
if you just want the ACCEPTING of quests

you want mq2autoaccept and/or mq2yes

but if you mean to get everyone to hail a mob and say something then mimic me is your best bet

but you can type out to get everyone to do what you want

(this is assuming eqbc)
/bcg //target id ${Target.ID}
/bcg //say blah <--- you would change this to your request command

it is also recommended that you pause all your automation before trying to get toons to swap targets and such.

if you just want the ACCEPTING of quests

you want mq2autoaccept and/or mq2yes

but if you mean to get everyone to hail a mob and say something then mimic me is your best bet

but you can type out to get everyone to do what you want

(this is assuming eqbc)
/bcg //target id ${Target.ID}
/bcg //say blah <--- you would change this to your request command

it is also recommended that you pause all your automation before trying to get toons to swap targets and such.

Ahh THE OLD WAY NOO!!

lol its funny, i used to tab click tab click tab click on the npc..

then i started using mq.. and it was WOW /bcg //target npcname

then i got better at it... /bcg //target id ${Target.ID}

THEN i got spoiled and got a MIMIC ME BUTTON :)

how the hell could i ever go back to manually boxing EQ!

anyone have luck getting the Distancefrom working in the ANGUI for the group and extended target windows can't seem to get those to work everything else works great

Plugin - MQ2TargetInfo

Users who are viewing this thread

• a_moss_snake
  • postleaf
  • CookieMonster
Back