• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2TargetInfo

Plugin - MQ2TargetInfo (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,152¢
Pronouns
He/Him
DV6sXQbWkAAmU1o.jpg

Distance, line of sight and place holder info directly on target!

Instructions:
Simply load the plugin
Rich (BB code):
/plugin mq2targetinfo

How exactly does the PH feature work? Does it also apply to mobs that are roaming PH's? One example, Eldrig the Old in Skyfire (original bard epic) has a PH that spawns on the East wall and roams the entire zone, only way to find it is to slaughter the zone, or highsun every mob back to their spawn point and wait till one spawns back on the east wall, then camp spawn point. Something like finding the PH mobs in skyfire would be way better than killing everything or just highsunning every mob you see.

One thing ive noticed with the group window is that the button for "Disband" has a very small clickable portion of it, for me only the bottom of the button is actually clickable.

One thing ive noticed with the group window is that the button for "Disband" has a very small clickable portion of it, for me only the bottom of the button is actually clickable.
If you make your group window bigger it should fix this problem

eqmule updated MQ2TargetInfo with a new update entry:

You can now set UsePerCharSettings=1 if you want that in MQ2TargetInfo.ini.
0 is default and means it reads settings from the [Default] section.
I realized that having per char settings is cumbersome if you have A LOT of chars.
The buttons on the groupwindow will only show when you are in a group now.
Except the Hotbutton which will always show unless you change its show/hide setting. see /groupinfo help for more in

Read the rest of this update entry...

it seems to not be reading the ini since update. i have hotbar button hide and it is showing now

edit: figured it out. the new per character setting was disabled by default and my settings were under the character

november updates

Nov 19 2018 by eqmule
- Added distance for targets on the Extended Target Window
You can control the feature by: /groupinfo show/hide extdistance
Because distance label needs a few pixels to display, u *might* need to make the window a bit wider,
it depends how many letters are in the mobs name that u fight.
- MQ2TargetInfo.ini now lets you customize what commands, texts and tooltips are executed/displayed for the Follow Me and Come To Me buttons
Default entries are:
INI:

There are aspects that I like and dislike about this new window. Not sure if this is a hot topic or not, but figured I would chime in.

Is there someone that I can talk to about modification to this window/plugin? I know the creator mentioned not being a "XML" guy and did his best to accommodate all, just want to somehow perfect it. Awesome work, i def. can't do it. Just want to tweak and I do not think the configure settings will accomplish what I am trying to do.

- Distance, LoS, Target Details, Group Distance (although it somehow disappeared)

Dislikes
- Changed the size, positioning and functionality of my UI (Drakah TKing something).
- The UI background for my Target and HoTT used to be transparent, but since this update it forced it to have a black box background.
- The background sizeable window has to be a specific Y (CY) length to not overlay overlay my group window. under the mimic/come/follow buttons, still needs "extra space" to not overlay
- Can I remove the border used on the background sized window?

Unknown
- move, follow, mimic commands. Not sure what they are or why they are used.

MQ2TargetInfo.jpg

Your UI looks a bit like the Melee UI that has settings preconfigured in the mq2targetinfo.ini you should copy those and adjust accordingly.
From what I can tell your UI should be able to be properly configured by editing the ini. Use /groupinfo reload to see changes after u save the ini. EverQuest saves window sizes and position when you /camp I don’t change those at all.

Here is what it should look like when properly configured in the ini:
C861C895-2B60-4CF3-A5F7-721785E71520.jpeg

Last edited:
Your UI looks a bit like the Melee UI that has settings preconfigured in the mq2targetinfo.ini you should copy those and adjust accordingly.
From what I can tell your UI should be able to be properly configured by editing the ini. Use /groupinfo reload to see changes after u save the ini. EverQuest saves window sizes and position when you /camp I don’t change those at all.

Here is what it should look like when properly configured in the ini:
View attachment 15377

Oh, wow! That’s exactly how I would try to make it look. I will give it a go in a bit and let you know!

Thanks for the response

Is there a write-up or instruction somewhere as to what these coordinate instructions mean? I can't seem to figure it out via trial and error.

I.e.
GroupDistanceLoc=a,b,c,d

Where
a=?
b=?
c=?
d=Distance from right edge of group window

bottom
left
right
It’s important to adjust them correctly because otherwise they will overlap other elements.
It’s trial and error for me as well, I change a number, save the ini, /groupinfo reload
Rinse and repeat until you get one control right then do next...

Is is possible to break off the new group buttons into a separate plugin or provide a way to disable all group features permanently? Having those setting reactive each time the plugin is update is beyond annoying.

With that said, I LOVE the Target Info this plug provides!

~IRKodama

I am getting closer. But struggling to get this to work as intended. Below are my settings.

[UI_Drakah]
DynamicUI=1
UseGroupLayoutBox=0
GroupDistanceLoc=0,13,70,0
ComeToMeLoc=40,0,0,40
FollowMeLoc=40,0,42,82
MimicMeLoc=40,0,84,124
HotButton0Loc=40,0,126,166
HotButton1Loc=40,0,168,208
HotButton2Loc=40,0,210,250
TargetInfoAnchoredToRight=0
TargetInfoLoc=0,13,0,0
TargetDistanceLoc=0,13,0,0
UseExtLayoutBox=0
ExtDistanceLoc=0,-20,70,0

And Picture..
Getting closer.jpg

I’ll download that UI tomorrow and will paste my settings for it, but I can already tell u that DynamicUI should be 0.
Hotbutton size is a EverQuest setting u need to find hotbutton window 9 and right click it to set it’s size. This should also make your buttons smaller/bigger in theory.

Changing the transparency is a bug, I will make a setting for it.

Also the ini file has a section called [UI_Melee]
That section is probably mostly correct for your Group Window as well, cause they look exactly the same to me.

Last edited:
Is is possible to break off the new group buttons into a separate plugin or provide a way to disable all group features permanently? Having those setting reactive each time the plugin is update is beyond annoying.

With that said, I LOVE the Target Info this plug provides!

~IRKodama
No that’s not possible, right click your group window on one of your group members and make sure you uncheck whatever stuff you want to hide. This is a new plugin, when I get feedback about bugs I will make changes. Sometimes those changes will break old settings, like last time when I had to rewrite the ini and u lost your old settings.
Sure that is annoying I agree, but to a lot of people with custom UIs the alternative of them not having the new ini settings available would have been annoying to.

Having said that, I don’t expect to having to change the ini settings again. So whatever u set the show/hide to now should stick for the foreseeable future.

Also, here is the thing about the group buttons and group member distance... once you get used to just quickly being able to see how far away everyone in group is from you and not having to alt tab over when they get stuck in a tree but simply just click the Come To Me button, or the next time you want everyone in group to hail the same npc as u and you just click Mimic Me and they all say after you, you will understand how great those buttons are...

But I get it, it’s a new way of playing eq, new things are weird, people don’t like changes, so there is the hide option. When new advloot came out people would turn it off as well, but I suspect 99% of players use it now.

Heck, people ask me how to turn off easyfind lol.

Last edited:
Also, here is the thing about the group buttons and group member distance... once you get used to just quickly being able to see how far away everyone in group is from you and not having to alt tab over when they get stuck in a tree but simply just click the Come To Me button, or the next time you want everyone in group to hail the same npc as u and you just click Mimic Me and they all say after you, you will understand how great those buttons are...

I love the idea and I would find it totally useful. The only problem for me is the implementation. I do not mean this is a demeaning or spiteful way. I am just saying that if everyone used the same UI set up you use and had the same lay out, 80% of the whining about this would go away. There would be 80% more I love this!

My group window is just the right size to fit names and health bars. Simply cause I value the screen space and placement of it. Makes sense in my little world. I would love the distance numbers and buttons, I know I would. But I am just to stubborn to have a bigger (or different) group window. I have made hot buttons similar to the ones you have on the group window and placed them on a hot bar (Wish I could figure out how to do the Mimic one). So, I know I am sacrificing form over function, which I guess is my whole point.

I for one appreciate the things EQMule does for us, just some of them don't suit us all. The fact that you go outta your way to alter these things for us is above and beyond anything anyone could expect. Thanks for all you do bud!

Simple Stice Group Smaller (6 player)

https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6439

Any chance you can get that to work? I can not seem to get the distance figured out.
ok, so later today RG will get an update where u can set font size to 1 and then the below ini setting will work for the stice UI with a fontsize of 1
INI:
[UI_Simple_SticeGroup]
DynamicUI=1
GroupDistanceFontSize=1
UseGroupLayoutBox=0
GroupDistanceLoc=4,-10,70,0
ComeToMeLoc=51,17,6,46
FollowMeLoc=51,17,48,88
MimicMeLoc=51,17,90,130
HotButton0Loc=87,54,6,46
HotButton1Loc=87,54,49,89
HotButton2Loc=87,54,92,132
TargetInfoLoc=34,48,0,40
TargetDistanceLoc=34,48,90,0
UseExtLayoutBox=0
here is what it looks like without buttons:
stice.JPG

and with:
stice buttons.JPG

@eqmule, you are the best. I sent a PM with the .zip file
Ok here is the ini section for that UI:
INI:
[UI_Drakah]
DynamicUI=0
GroupDistanceLoc=-3,-15,80,-30
GroupDistanceFontSize=2
ComeToMeLoc=36,2,4,44
FollowMeLoc=36,2,46,86
MimicMeLoc=36,2,88,128
HotButton0Loc=36,0,154,194
HotButton1Loc=36,0,194,234
HotButton2Loc=36,0,234,274
TargetInfoLoc=50,62,0,60
TargetDistanceLoc=50,62,140,0
ExtDistanceLoc=0,-20,80,0
#don't mess with these 2 settings unless you are told to, they should be 0 for most UIs
UseGroupLayoutBox=0
UseExtLayoutBox=0
With buttons:
drakah.JPG

without buttons:
drakah_nobuttons.JPG

For Sparxx the settings I've found work are:

[UI_sparxx]
DynamicUI=0
UseGroupLayoutBox=0
GroupDistanceLoc=-2,0,0,60
ComeToMeLoc=35,1,1,41
FollowMeLoc=35,1,43,83
MimicMeLoc=35,1,85,125
HotButton0Loc=35,1,127,167
HotButton1Loc=35,1,169,209
HotButton2Loc=35,1,211,251
TargetInfoLoc=34,48,0,40
UseExtLayoutBox=0
ExtDistanceLoc=0,0,0,0
GroupDistanceOffset=0
GroupDistanceElementPrefix=GW_Gauge

On top of this the Sparxx groupwindow XML file needs editing. For the overall window you should change the CX/CY to 256 each. I've attached a copy of my edited XML for convenience. That will make the window end up looking like this:

EQ000000.jpg

Attachments

• EQUI_GroupWindow.xml
    77 KB · Views: 22
ok, so later today RG will get an update where u can set font size to 1 and then the below ini setting will work for the stice UI with a fontsize of 1
INI:
[UI_Simple_SticeGroup]
DynamicUI=1
GroupDistanceFontSize=1
UseGroupLayoutBox=0
GroupDistanceLoc=4,-10,70,0
ComeToMeLoc=51,17,6,46
FollowMeLoc=51,17,48,88
MimicMeLoc=51,17,90,130
HotButton0Loc=87,54,6,46
HotButton1Loc=87,54,49,89
HotButton2Loc=87,54,92,132
TargetInfoLoc=34,48,0,40
UseExtLayoutBox=0
here is what it looks like without buttons:
View attachment 15391

and with:
View attachment 15392

You are dah best, thanks!

Dec 03 2018 by eqmule

- Added /groupinfo mimicme on|off - it will do what the button does but from commandline
- Added /groupinfo followme on|off - it will do what the button does but from commandline
- Added /groupinfo cometome - it will do what the button does but from commandline
- This means if you dont want those buttons on the group window, just rightclick
a group member and hide them, then create your own hotbuttons
and put them wherever you like to get the same functionallity.
- Fixed a bug in...

I agree. I love everything, which is why i am trying so hard to make it work. Then, I was going to make write-up similar to what I have shown above.

THanks to @eqmule this is working nicely. I do have one suggestion. The mimic me button works great for hailing and grabbing task, unless you have a rogue in the group. The rogue is always hiding and sneaky, which I tend to forget. Would be nice to have the toons make themselves visible before talking in say. This would of saved me a ton of headaches cause I am just that bad.

Plugin - MQ2TargetInfo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back