• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2Shaman or MQ2Enchanter (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,382¢
OK for those of you that have used these two plugins which one do you think is the best bang for my buck? I currently run Paladin, Bard, Zerker, Zerker, Zerker, Cleric. I would like to drop the cleric for a shaman but I find that kissassist shaman.ini's are not cutting the mustard. I know I have to find one and tweak it, but after getting Mq2eskay and Mq2cleric I am having issues with pauses, follows, chase etc. It is driving me insane with perfecting my keys to make my toons do what I want them to do.

I would like to change my group to SK, Bard or enchanter, zerk, zerk, zerk, shaman. I know the bard is better for this group but I often play other group makeups and I actually have 5 different accounts with enchanters >100, hence the question of MQ2enchanter.

I think my best bet would be to get shaman first and wait until I can get enchanter later.

OK for those of you that have used these two plugins which one do you think is the best bang for my buck? I currently run Paladin, Bard, Zerker, Zerker, Zerker, Cleric. I would like to drop the cleric for a shaman but I find that kissassist shaman.ini's are not cutting the mustard. I know I have to find one and tweak it, but after getting Mq2eskay and Mq2cleric I am having issues with pauses, follows, chase etc. It is driving me insane with perfecting my keys to make my toons do what I want them to do.

I would like to change my group to SK, Bard or enchanter, zerk, zerk, zerk, shaman. I know the bard is better for this group but I often play other group makeups and I actually have 5 different accounts with enchanters >100, hence the question of MQ2enchanter.

I think my best bet would be to get shaman first and wait until I can get enchanter later.

Enchanter is currently in pre-release and is still included free with VV. So buy Shaman and use Enchanter, too!

DPS go shaman, Worry free healing keep Cleric add enchanter. I’m lazy and don’t mind waiting a few more seconds for something to die so i recommend Cleric/Enchanter. I also suck at pulling and now that CWTN, SIC, and team have given us aoe mez i don’t think i can go back...just my two cents

Now my favorite workaround (Thanks Sic for sharing with us) is to either broadcast a come to me command to the group like /nav spawn Yourtanknakehere ... or just use a Mage to drive and coth your team

Enchanter is currently in pre-release and is still included free with VV. So buy Shaman and use Enchanter, too!

Enchanter becomes a paid resource on the 31st. You still technically won't have to pay for it as long as you don't update after the 31st and you'll be able to use it until the next Everquest patch. See https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/mq2enchanter.72636/post-463001 post where I informed users of MQ2Enchanter.

With that said, Shaman and enchanter has two different jobs, and so I cannot recommend one of them over the other.

Shaman is more useful with a Staff of Forbidden Rites and for me would be a necessity to use a shaman for a proper battle rez. Replacing a cleric with a shaman means I also lose a Divine Rez which would rez my MA in battle with full health/mana.

Enchanter is great for crowd control. If you feel like you need better crowd control then I'd look into the Enchanter. Might be worth trying it out for now while It's still got a little bit of free time on it's books.

At the end of the day all the CWTN Plugins are free on the test server. So you can always test any combination of characters using the CWTN Plugins that you want to see how they play together on the test server before you purchase any of them.

Didn't know the CWTN plug ins were free on test, good to know as thats where i play. was wondering whether they were worth it but no I don't need to worry about that.

Didn't know the CWTN plug ins were free on test, good to know as thats where i play. was wondering whether they were worth it but no I don't need to worry about that.

Yes, all the CWTN Plugins are INCLUDED with test, and there's no need to purchase and download them. You only need to load the plugins.

Some users who play exclusively on test chose to purchase the plugins despite them being free as a way to support their development, but that is not a requirement to use them at all on test.

It provides users who play on live a means to test the plugins without paying a penny, and it provides people who've made the choice to play on test for financial reasons the ability to continue to save money, even with my paid resources.

To determine the best bang for the buck on either of these CWTNs, it will make a difference as to what server you will play. I do use both MQ2Enchanter and MQ2Shaman. Both work very well and as expected, but Shaman on some of the TLP servers Shaman can not replace a cleric, like on Ragefire, but next update Shamans get the better heal so then yes will be a decent replacement or fill in for a cleric. On Live servers Shaman probably would be ok, I not been on a live server since coming back to play. The Chanter so far works like a Champ and will be well worth the money when its a paid CWTN. I actually love my chanter and look at all other toons as support for her. ;)

Ive been using the MQ2Shaman and not using any other healer type in my group and rarely does the Mq2Eskay eat it. Both are all TOV raid geared, Unless I get a bad pull, its solid programming on Sic/CWTN part!

I used the MQ2Enchanter for a While when if first came out and it was very good.

Honestly, I wished they existed for all the classes, they are that good and worth the 20 bucks a year!

I’ve been using MQ2Shaman since it came out. It’s solid and with TOV raid gear, I‘ve been able to keep up a bot warrior with half raid gear up in all of the missions solo.

Sic had a post on his Crusaders for the right settings for the fastest heals. Highly recommend that.

for most group setups the enchanter isnt as powerful as the bard. The bard can boost mage wizard necro melee pets you name it where as the chanter is not so great at boosting melee.

I run MANY group setups, and in almsot all of them i have a bard, the only 2 exceptions is my Paly/shm/enc/mage/mage/mage(or wizy) and my Sk/shm/wizy/wizy/druid/enc

that being said, as you can see i have a shm in every group. there have only been 2 instances so far where i needed a secondary healer. with the staff and decent aa, the shm with mq2shm totally kicks ass. I normally have it in hybrid and wowsters

Both! I have and Use Both. I Find the enc using MQ2Enchaner is way faster at mezzng than a bard using KA and yah for that group bard is probably better. I run SK/SHM/Bard/Zerk/Zerk/Bst normally but lately have been rolling with enchanter.

Last edited:
Question - MQ2Shaman or MQ2Enchanter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back