• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (3 Viewers)

water isn't really supported. especially with lev. things get super wierd. If you can, you should try to mark water areas with high cost on the mesh so that it prefers paths that go around.

Trying to use the same MQ2Nav folder for both Live+Test and not having luck seems it must be in the mq2 folder
Any advice?

c:\eq <- eq install

d:\eqmq\rgl = vv live folder
d:\eqmq\rgt = vv test folder

d:\eqmq\MQ2Nav = mesh folder

d:\eqmq\rgl\MeshGenerator.exe > settings > EQ Path = c:\eq
d:\eqmq\rgl\MeshGenerator.exe > settings > Navmesh Path = d:\eqmq

d:\eqmq\rgt\MeshGenerator.exe > settings > EQ Path = c:\eq
d:\eqmq\rgt\MeshGenerator.exe > settings > Navmesh Path = d:\eqmq

MeshGeneraator.ini in both rgt and rgl
[General]
EverQuest Path=C:\eq
Output Path=D:\eqmq
ZoneMaxExtents=true

I cant load a mesh unless i move it to the folder that macroquest2.exe is within

The path in MeshGenerator.ini (which I assume you just typo'd) is unrelated to the path that MQ2Nav uses. If the setting was there, it would probably be in MQ2Nav.ini. However, that's not a setting right now. If you would like it to be a setting, add an issue to brainiac's github to allow the GetDataDirectory() function to load from ini instead of always being the gszINIPath.

That said, you can still do what you want to do by junctioning (mklink) the two folders to the same location.

Awhile back I was able to click on a trader in the bazaar window and my toon ran to that trader. A few updates ago that stopped working. Is there something I need to update? Or a fix to make it work again? Thanks

That would be neat but the issue is mq2nav does not deal with figuring out where portals take you, so if you are in red or in blue and the trader is in other area it will screw up

You could always /nav target if you are in the correct area after you click on their name in bazaar window

Althou I do find it interesting that some plugin (or eq) knows to go to the portal when making the path for you
I wonder if this could be added to MQ2EasyFind somehow or what is actually doing that
@eqmule @brainiac

Agreed, but this has been broken since back near the beginning of the year I think. Macro's using moveto and such can get you through the portals, but Lamah is right, your best bet is to find your target(goober123) and:
INI:
/nav goober123
to get to a vendor once you decide who you are buying from once you're in the area they're in. It'll get you right to them. It just won't take you across any of the portal pads or zone lines.

Nav won't be able to generate a path across portals until I do a bunch of work to support long distance off-mesh links. Its a good idea though. Easyfind might be able to do it with meshless (server rendered) pathing.

I had been meaning to post asking about this. Till about 2 months ago this worked. You clicked and it took you to the seller, now it doesn't.
If you're on the right side of the portal pad, it should work. I was using it just yesterday. Alt-A to open bazaar window, search for item, click the item you want and then click "find seller" and it takes off running. However, if you're down in the area where you zone in from PoK, you first need to manually walk to to the portal for either sellers or buyers.

Yes I'm in the seller area. I need to confirm but I think it works on some or all of the other accounts. It did work on mine until 1-2 months ago.

my cleric account also started some wonky nav behavior. I hit come to me, and everyone but the cleric does. It tells me it cannot find the destination, to load the mesh or something even though several lines above that it says mesh loaded. It also won't follow ctrl F clicks. The two issues I think are unrelated because my main account, while not naving to sellers in the baz, will always nav from Ctrl F window.

I'll test it out in a little bit.

Nav won't be able to generate a path across portals until I do a bunch of work to support long distance off-mesh links. Its a good idea though. Easyfind might be able to do it with meshless (server rendered) pathing.

What I do in macros currently for portals is Target the switch and wait till I am ported away from them

INI:
Sub navToPortalID(int iPortalID)
    DODBG navToPortalID doorID = ${iPortalID}
    /nav door id ${iPortalID} click
    /doortarget id ${iPortalID}
    /delay 3 !${Me.Moving}
    /while ( ${Switch.Distance}<60 || ${Navigation.Active} || ${Me.Moving} ) {
        /delay 5
    }
/return

@brainiac I would like to use a float for dist= but does not seem to work. I assume dist= only takes INT and not FLOAT, not sure if this is trivial to change in mq2nav

example:
${Spawn[id 123].MaxRangeTo} = 16.63 (MaxRangeTo is max distance you can melee something)

/nav id 123 dist=16 ==== uses dist

/nav id 123 dist=16.63 ===== does not use dist
/nav id 123 dist=${Spawn[id 123].MaxRangeTo} ===== does not use dist

Not a showstopper as I am just converting to Int, but just wondering =)
/nav id 123 dist=${Spawn[id 123].MaxRangeTo.Int} ==== uses dist

Last edited:
Hi,

I was away for 2 years and starting to remmeber Things again .)
Now I want to use kissassist for pulling with mq2nav.
This is working pretty well…without doors. I am Pretty sure I had once a puller klicking doors automatically.
Is there any Setting in mq2nav or kissassist to make the toon klick doors on the pull path ?

Thx in advance for any tips
Regards eqtrader63

Hi,

This is working pretty well…without doors. I am Pretty sure I had once a puller klicking doors automatically.
Is there any Setting in mq2nav or kissassist to make the toon klick doors on the pull path ?

Regards eqtrader63

I think most doors it will open (or click) automatically, but there are still a few that it messes up at. Where are you trying to pull? It's sometimes useful to find those areas and shoot @brainiac a message about it.

Hi,

Regards eqtrader63
hrm - my pullers definitely open doors when navigating --- tho sometimes I will need to make (i get kaen to do it cause he's golden child for making meshes) the mesh thinner at doors so i go through the center of them and not get caught on the sides

So I've been back in CotF zones, and it brought back memories of false walls and random piles of rocks etc

Working through off mesh connections for tower of rot, and I wonder what it is that makes the mesh generator show/use the piles of boulders etc in the ramps. They are quite tricky at some to get off mesh connections to work since moving around the mesh to place/click no collision with walls means I often over shoot the space between the ramp floor/random rock shapes.

I end up correlating in game and the mesh generator to try make sure I'm going the right direction. Would be amazing if could place them in game for the mesh generator to grab and build into the navmesh

Anyway we can set/adjust camera movement speeds? I recall long ago it being either really slow, or with shift ultra fast but not much between. Now the slow speed seems a bit fast for this tight adjustment in awkward spots.

So far I've done neriak mesh, seems to work fantastic in static.

I'll be sharing the few cotf zones once I'm done with the major static versions

All in all, I've always been amazed by peoples work with/for mq2. But mq2nav and the generator from the old days to now is like the difference between spreading frozen butter and spraying butter out of a bottle, simply amazing work.

Thank you!!

I am about to hit up COTF, care to share those meshes :)

Innovation is terrible by itself, cannot think of a zone with worse pathing

It's awesome to PL in (when it's the hotzone lol).

I used to PL in there, mostly because it's usually totally dead and I can just pull massive trains to the zone in, but you're right that the pathing was terrible. I would lag out the entire freakin zone because of the pulls.

I'm fairly new to MQ/Kiss Assist/VV, currently just three boxing (with 3 mercs) while I learn the systems.

I'm trying to run my group through Solusek's Eye (purposely chosen because I know the pathing there is tricky) but I'm not really clear what the most effective way is to get my group to follow the character I control using the advanced pathing of MQ2Nav so that they don't constantly get stuck and fall into the lava.

I think it can be done if I move and then use the "Come to Me" button, but that means my group isn't moving together. The /chase command and "Follow Me" commands don't seem to use the pathing, or at least, I've lost my other group members almost immediately this way.
Is what I'm trying to do possible? Is there a more effective way to move a group together that I'm missing?

if the mesh isn't really clean in a place like sol nav may not be the solution you're seeking. you may want to use afollow instead, as it attempts to make the other toons follow in the exact steps of the lead character. but that's assuming that you're manually running the lead character too. additionally I still get hangups with afollow sometimes too, but it's still probably your best bet. either that or see if some of the newer meshes are better with the edges and lips.

If you know where you're headed, you can target an npc using the map (right click) and then give the command:
INI:
/nav id ${Target.ID}
Or if you alt+left click on the map, you will nav to that loc. You'd need to do that for each character. Otherwise, I'd use /afollow but that's not perfect either, as you've discovered.

Hi,
since patch i have many weird navigation issues.
random loss of follow me button, i mean it randomly stop working.
game crash with mq2nav.dll when i open the finder ctrl+f as soon as i select something in the list (NPC or zone connection)
BIG fps drop (from 80 to ~20 ) after a mob dies and navigation is called to move/target/look for next target - fps get back to 80 as soon as navigation is stopped.

what i 've tried :
- unloading mq2dannet // this solve the "follow me problem" somehow - still bothering since ihcmerc uses mqdannet ....
- reinstall entirely mq2 vanilla / redownloaded messhes => issues still appear with core plugins from a fresh install
also interesting to note that even if the game crash while targetting an npc or zone with the finder due to mq2nav.dll , if i indeed target manually an npv from the other side of the zone and then do a /nav target - it just works fine.

thx for your help !

still the same for the fps drop - i am currently farming. i will check the finder crash when i do my sell break in PoK. if i get the crash again i can take a screenshot and also upload the dump if you want. thank you for your help brainiac.

the fps drop is likely due to the macro you're using spam searching for locations that are out of reach. its a known issue that occurred after extending the length that paths could search. It shouldn't be related to the patch, though. Send a dump and i can look it up and see whats going on.

I actually have a follow up question. Often when I am using MQ2NAV with my Cleric with KissAssist running, I find that my Cleric will stop Navigating. It seems like she is unable to hold a target for more than about 1 second, and I don't know why. My KissAssist file is as follows - anything you can spot that would cause me not to be able to hold a target?

ini:
[General]
KissAssistVer=11.004
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=20
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1|90
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
CastingInterruptOn=0
EQBCOn=0
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Cleric|30|FREE
DefaultUI=TRUE
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
XTSlot=0
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=2
SpellSetName=KissAssist
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=20
Buffs1=Guard
Buffs2=Bravery
Buffs3=Blessing of Piety|Caster
Buffs4=Symbol of Ryltan
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
Buffs5=NULL
Buffs6=NULL
PowerSource=NULL
Buffs7=NULL
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=1
AESize=3
AERadius=50
AE1=Word of Shadow|3|mob
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=0
DPSSize=5
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Yaulp II|98
DPS2=Smite|50
DebuffAllOn=0
DPS3=NULL
DPS4=NULL
DPS5=NULL
[Heals]
HealsOn=1
HealsSize=7
Heals1=Superior Healing|60
Heals2=Celestial Health|40
Heals6=Divine Aura|20|cond1
Heals7=Reparation|0|rez
AutoRezOn=1
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
XTarHeal=0
XTarHealList=Xtar slots here Example: 5|6|7
HealGroupPetsOn=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=1
CuresSize=3
Cures1=Cure Disease|disease
Cures2=Remove Minor Curse|curse
Cures3=Counteract Poison|poison
[Burn]
BurnSize=3
BurnAllNamed=0
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
UseTribute=0
[GoM]
GoMSize=3
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSpell1=NULL
GoMSpell2=NULL
GoMSpell3=NULL
[KConditions]
ConOn=1
CondSize=5
Cond1=${Me.CurrentMana} > 10 && ${Me.PctMana} < 10
Cond2=TRUE
Cond3=TRUE
Cond4=TRUE
Cond5=TRUE
[MySpells]
Gem1=Superior Healing
Gem2=Celestial Health
Gem3=Counteract Poison
Gem4=Word of Shadow
Gem5=Blessing of Piety
Gem6=Guard
Gem7=Bravery
Gem8=Symbol of Ryltan
Gem9=NULL
Gem10=NULL
Gem11=NULL
Gem12=NULL
Gem13=NULL
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
TargetSwitchingOn=0
[GMail]
GMailHelp=Events currently support - Dead,Drag,GM,Level,Named,Leftgroup,Tells
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=5
GMail1=NULL
GMail2=NULL
GMail3=NULL
GMail4=NULL
GMail5=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
AggroSize=5
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
Aggro4=NULL
Aggro5=NULL
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92
[KissError]
LastCMD:=/endmacro
ErrorDateTime:=08/23/2019 14:52:50
ErrorMsg:=NULL
DataError:=NULL
SyntaxError:=NULL
RunningTime:=2092297
BuildDate:=20190821
CurrentUI:=Default

It's most likely your ka trying to buff or cast something. @Sicprofundus put out an awesome introductory video that shows his hotkeys, and his moving from camp hotkey pauses ka. Otherwise cleric will target someone to buff or heal which breaks it's follow

This setting too. If you turn it on KA won't auto-change your targets:
INI:
[Melee]
TargetSwitchingOn=1

In general though, you're best to add a macro pause "/mqp on" or the EQBC/Dannet version to all your movement hotkeys so toons don't decide to finish buffing or such during movement.

Most of the time, when a cleric stalls, is they go to mem a spell and then wait to cast it. By the time they go to cast the spell, the character they are chasing is to far away and the cleric doesn't know what to do so she stops chasing. The chase routine will switch from /navigation to /stick if the gap between the follower and the leader gets small enough. Look for a message from your cleric when they stall. The message should give you a little insight as to why they are stalling.

Hey guys I am hoping someone might be able to help me out a bit with a problem I am having?

Currently I have a group in an enclosed area. They pull fine no worries but there is an area I explicitly do not want them going to. That's fine and I have achieved that, however the problem I am having is that there is a roamer that roams between the area that I am happy to pull from and the area that I explicitly do not want them to go to. If KISS starts the pull while the roamer is in the good zone but then he roams into the bad zone it bugs out completely and breaks everything until I manually correct it.

I am using 'no walk' zones which means there is no mesh available in the area I don't want them pulling from. I have tried using the other areas such as AVOID or creating my own custom one, so that it still has a mesh to use, however these areas do not seem to prevent KISS from pulling the mobs in those areas. Is this more how KISS handles it rather than a NAV issue?

If anyone has any solutions or stuff I could try that would be really appreciated.

Hey guys I am hoping someone might be able to help me out a bit with a problem I am having?

Currently I have a group in an enclosed area. They pull fine no worries but there is an area I explicitly do not want them going to. That's fine and I have achieved that, however the problem I am having is that there is a roamer that roams between the area that I am happy to pull from and the area that I explicitly do not want them to go to. If KISS starts the pull while the roamer is in the good zone but then he roams into the bad zone it bugs out completely and breaks everything until I manually correct it.

I am using 'no walk' zones which means there is no mesh available in the area I don't want them pulling from. I have tried using the other areas such as AVOID or creating my own custom one, so that it still has a mesh to use, however these areas do not seem to prevent KISS from pulling the mobs in those areas. Is this more how KISS handles it rather than a NAV issue?

If anyone has any solutions or stuff I could try that would be really appreciated.
I'm not sure how the layout of this area works, but kiss does have a feature where you can pull from a directional radius only with /setpull arc - this might allow you to not block off the area, but still only pull the area you would like to
INI:
/setpullarc
This command allows you to set your pull width and the direction you want to pull from. Example:
/setpullarc 128 n

I'm not sure how the layout of this area works, but kiss does have a feature where you can pull from a directional radius only with /setpull arc - this might allow you to not block off the area, but still only pull the area you would like to
INI:
/setpullarc
This command allows you to set your pull width and the direction you want to pull from. Example:
/setpullarc 128 n

thanks for the reply mate, yeah I have tried using that but the areas are pretty much right next to each other so was unsuccessful.

Yeah I think that's KA's pull code and roamers. I haven't reviewed the code, but from playing I think KA checks for a valid pull path once it selects the next pull target, then runs to the pull spot (LoS and within range % of spell/item/melee.) If the mob has moved it will continue to adjust and keep chasing until the mob is outside the max pull range. It may not continue to check for a valid pull path back.

If the pather has a unique name, you can add them to your ignore list in kissassist_info.ini I have no idea if it accepts it, but you could also use myShowEQ (or something like it) to grab the full name of the mob. "a sarnak warlock" is actually something like a_sarnak_warlock_08 and maybe that could be added specifically to ignore everytime.

You could try adjusting what you pull with like a shorter/longer range item or use melee. Pet pulling, if you have that available, might also work as it can ignore the nav mesh for that last bit of running up for the engage and run back.

You could try moving your camp into the pather's path, then face away from the bad mesh area and use the pullarc to ignore mobs coming from behind. So it walks into camp everytime instead of you chasing it.

Is it possible to record your characters path as he moves and make that a walk-able path on the mesh? I been working with Meshes lately and that just seems like it would be awesome if you could, instead of trying to create a path manually.

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back