• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (3 Viewers)

I’m looking for a code snippet that i might be able to throw into the GroundGrab.mac (I think it was from @ChatWithThisName).

I need the macro to skip any items that can’t be Navigated to (using MQ2Nav) and then move on to the next one. It seems simple and I will try to figure it out later, but I thought I’d ask first.

Thanks!

${Navigation.PathExists[search string (location y x z or x y z I forget which)]}
returns a bool if the path is on the mesh and you can navigate to it.

However, the method of accessing ground items I think needs a ${Ground[search string].Next}

${Navigation.PathExists[search string (location y x z or x y z I forget which)]}
returns a bool if the path is on the mesh and you can navigate to it.

However, the method of accessing ground items I think needs a ${Ground[search string].Next}

Thanks, dude. The GroundGrab.mac is yours, right? I used it to pick up roses for TS'ing a while back, and now need/want to modify to help me with collections. I recently picked up the evolving shoulder item and figured out that while I have 3 of the collection achievements done, there are three others that I DON'T have.... which sucks balls lol.

Didn't get around to finishing polishing this yet - but it does function (I coded rogue hide/sneak)

some of the subs might be something you enjoy looking at

Yeah the problem isn't necessarily nav or the macros (though sometimes it can be nav mesh as a fix)

You can't do anything but get info on the nearest ground shiny, so if the nearest is unreachable your only option is the add a delay timer and nav to a way point instead and then attempt to start collecting elsewhere... You'll eventually get to the unreachable again and potentially stuck there of its nearest your way point

If you could have more spawn access to the ground items would be great, could just move to second nearest, 3rd etc until a path able

Yeah the problem isn't necessarily nav or the macros (though sometimes it can be nav mesh as a fix)

You can't do anything but get info on the nearest ground shiny, so if the nearest is unreachable your only option is the add a delay timer and nav to a way point instead and then attempt to start collecting elsewhere... You'll eventually get to the unreachable again and potentially stuck there of its nearest your way point

If you could have more spawn access to the ground items would be great, could just move to second nearest, 3rd etc until a path able

If you can get info on the nearest ground shiny, is it possible to get info on the furthest?

If so, maybe it’s possible to force the macro to nav to the furthest shiny and recommence from there. And each time you have an unreachable shiny you have it do that. It wouldn’t totally fix things, but maybe it’ll run for longer.

Groundfarm.mac

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/groundfarm-mac.67478/

What I have been using:
[Macro] GroundGrab.mac 1.0

https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/macro-groundgrab-mac.31/

I have the same issue, it gets hung up, so I have to manually move my guy to another location and wait the 30 seconds to see if it tries to grab a different one. If not I have to restart it and that sometimes helps, until it makes it way to the one it could reach before. Rinse repeat.

Pro tip: Zoning out of a zone you have been collecting for awhile and then zoning back in, will reveal shinies your client did get packets for. Example: I noticed a shiny on a map of my tank, but not on the guy I was using to collect them. I zoned out and zoned back in and there it was.

Groundfarm.mac

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/groundfarm-mac.67478/

What I have been using:
[Macro] GroundGrab.mac 1.0

https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/macro-groundgrab-mac.31/

I have the same issue, it gets hung up, so I have to manually move my guy to another location and wait the 30 seconds to see if it tries to grab a different one. If not I have to restart it and that sometimes helps, until it makes it way to the one it could reach before. Rinse repeat.

Pro tip: Zoning out of a zone you have been collecting for awhile and then zoning back in, will reveal shinies your client did get packets for. Example: I noticed a shiny on a map of my tank, but not on the guy I was using to collect them. I zoned out and zoned back in and there it was.

Thanks! That's the one I started out with, but I was having a lot of issues with it.

ShinyCollect.mac has been working great for me, but I need to go in and mark areas of certain meshes and not navigable. There are areas where it wants to walk through house walls, doors that are locked (behind a quest or something), and even where it gets stuck on some steps (my guy is short, and making him big with an illusion isn't a good option with mq2nav).

There's also the oddity of the crash I'm getting with ShinyCollect.mac. The pop-up says its a MQ2Main issue, but i'm skeptical because I'm not having issues on any other accounts... just the one running ShinyCollect.

If I could modify ShinyCollect with a little better logic for skipping over collectibles that aren't able to be grabbed and modify the meshes for the zones I'm in to account for a few odd areas, it would be working perfectly. As it stands, it does a great job.

If so, maybe it’s possible to force the macro to nav to the furthest shiny and recommence from there. And each time you have an unreachable shiny you have it do that. It wouldn’t totally fix things, but maybe it’ll run for longer.

${NearestSpawn[1, SpawnSearchFiltersHere]} will get you the Nearest Spawn, to Get the Farthest you could do this:

${NearestSpawn[${SpawnCount[SpawnSearchFiltersHere]}, SpawnSearchFiltersHere]}

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but sounds like you would just keep running back and forth across the zone if you used the Farthest item from you.

${NearestSpawn[1, SpawnSearchFiltersHere]} will get you the Nearest Spawn, to Get the Farthest you could do this:

${NearestSpawn[${SpawnCount[SpawnSearchFiltersHere]}, SpawnSearchFiltersHere]}

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but sounds like you would just keep running back and forth across the zone if you used the Farthest item from you.

I'm trying to keep from running across the zone over and over. I was watching the macro run to an area with two collectibles, pick up one, and then run to the clear other side of the zone for the next one instead of just picking up the one that was sitting there. It's kind of nitpicky because the macro works great for what it's used for, but I'm just trying to figure out how to streamline it to be more effective for me.

The other logic I'm going to try to steal (maybe from kiss's pull sub??) is figuring out if its possible to put a shiny on ignore if its not navigable within a certain time period or something. Or perhaps it would be easier to just force the macro to go to the next closest spawn if doesn't reach the one it's going towards now.

The KA pull routine has code to add mobs, to an alert list, that keeps moving out of the pull area, so you could do the same thing and just add the spawns to an alert list and include the alert list in the spawn filters.

I crash every time I die and zone when running /mac ShinyCollect
lol I shouldn't have uploaded it - I mentioned that it was unfinished, was only sharing so sum1 could see some of the subs in case they spark some ideas

Edit: I don't think I ever tried to zone with it lol

I currently don't even have a rogue so I likely won't be working on this for sometime

Last edited:
lol I shouldn't have uploaded it - I mentioned that it was unfinished, was only sharing so sum1 could see some of the subs in case they spark some ideas

I currently don't even have a rogue so I likely won't be working on this for sometime

No! Dude! This is awesome! I’m not knocking your product. I seriously love it. I want to try to make it better and maybe learn a few things. Please don’t interpret this as pressure for you to do anything except maybe tell me when I’m being a moron as I try to dig into this.

No! Dude! This is awesome! I’m not knocking your product. I seriously love it. I want to try to make it better and maybe learn a few things. Please don’t interpret this as pressure for you to do anything except maybe tell me when I’m being a moron as I try to dig into this.
I know you're not knocking it - I just feel bad if someone downloads it and starts crashing and is like "wtf is this garbage" lol

It runs awesome for a while ... I left it to it’s own devices for a bit while I grabbed a drink and at some point it crashed ... totally my fault. Call it your anti-AFK code or something.

Apparently I have a 6 box crew (one system) that has recenetly found that not every toon loads MQ2Nav. It is in the INI file but does not load. When this happens /plugin MQ2Nav runs correctly but /nav does not work. Also /plugin list does not show it if I immediately run it.

In order to fix this, I have to quit all 6 toons (or camp) and exit and reload MQ.

/bump
Just happened again.

Loaded 6 toons from the same directory. 5 or 6 have mq2nav and one not only does not have it. but when I load it, it does not appear to have been loaded.

Nor can I UNLOAD it from that toon.

Never run into this.
  1. Do you load your toons all at once via the MQ2 profiles loader? Or MQ2AutoLogin?
  2. Load issue always the same toon? Or same one in load order (like it's always the 4th or the 6th one?)
  3. "/plugin mq2nav" responds as loaded, but it won't respond to "/nav target" or "/nav ui" type stuff?
  4. What if you shut it off on all toons "/bcaa //plugin mq2nav unload" (assuming you have EQBC) and then reload all "/bcaa //plugin mq2nav"

1) yes using isboxer, and have for over 2 years. And mq2nav for as long as I have known about that (pre subscribing to redguides last year)
2) No, it does not seem to be the same toons, sometimes its 1 of 6, and its gone as high as 3 of 6 not loading it
3) yes, to the whole line... load it and /nav help fails. /bcaa //nav help just responded on 4 of 6 toons.
4) That has not helped. I have even gone so far as to unload it... camp all toons out... relaunch all toons after closing mq and relaunching it. then loading it after the toons load.

About to try unloading it and then loading it one at a time to see which ones stop responding.

Right now it is very unreliable if my crew will come up properly.

What if you load without isboxer? Or use isboxer and load each toon slowly/individually.

I haven't heard of isboxer causing this issue with mq2nav. I do randomly get mq2nav not loading the mesh for a toon, but not mis-loading the plugin. It sounds like mq2nav isn't available to load right when the failures happen or has some kind of conflict, but I'm not sure what would cause that.

How are you launching MQ2?

Have you tried a completely fresh install of MQ2 with zero changes or set up to see if you can reproduce this behaviour?

1) yes using isboxer, and have for over 2 years. And mq2nav for as long as I have known about that (pre subscribing to redguides last year)
2) No, it does not seem to be the same toons, sometimes its 1 of 6, and its gone as high as 3 of 6 not loading it
3) yes, to the whole line... load it and /nav help fails. /bcaa //nav help just responded on 4 of 6 toons.
4) That has not helped. I have even gone so far as to unload it... camp all toons out... relaunch all toons after closing mq and relaunching it. then loading it after the toons load.

About to try unloading it and then loading it one at a time to see which ones stop responding.

Right now it is very unreliable if my crew will come up properly.

Not sure if this helps but the way i run isboxer + mq2 is in this order (after an update]
1 update everquest by running the launcher, then quit once done
2 run the rg updater
3 download and install plugins not in the rg installer like mq2eqwire, mq2berzerker, mq2rogue
4 run inner space
5 run macroquest.exe
6 start eqbcs from right click mq icon, start server
7 launch toons from rightclick innerspace

Check your registry for this path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Remove anything you find that mentions eqgame.exe or mq2nav.dll

Why does my puller freak out when pulling over water?
He goes across a small stream and goes haywire about half way across.
He has lev and isn't touching the water but is just above it.
never fails. Freaks out every time.
Freaks out means he goes forward then switches direction rapidly.. thus ending his forward progress and just sits there bouncing from one direction to the other.

Why does my puller freak out when pulling over water?
He goes across a small stream and goes haywire about half way across.
He has lev and isn't touching the water but is just above it.
never fails. Freaks out every time.
Freaks out means he goes forward then switches direction rapidly.. thus ending his forward progress and just sits there bouncing from one direction to the other.

I've noticed this just using MQ2nav to run from the Dragonscale Hills zone in to GMM. As soon as the toon leaves the building and tries to run across the water he just keeps rubber banding back and forth. If I change the loc to Fort Mech for a second then back to GMM it sorts it out. Weird, though.

Navigation makes a mesh of the ground and expects the character to navigate on the ground. It does not account for things like water or levitation.

I think it crashes for me when the shiny I was running to is gone. Not a huge deal, that happens rarely as I am the only one in zone typically when using this. I wish I knew how to make it look for the closest shiny after you pick up one. Eastern wastes is so big. Nothing like 3 shinies sitting next to each other and you pick up one and then run to the other side of the zone for more.

I think it crashes for me when the shiny I was running to is gone. Not a huge deal, that happens rarely as I am the only one in zone typically when using this. I wish I knew how to make it look for the closest shiny after you pick up one. Eastern wastes is so big. Nothing like 3 shinies sitting next to each other and you pick up one and then run to the other side of the zone for more.

I KNOW! It drives me nuts. Lol

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back