• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (5 Viewers)

Looking for help with GMM mesh, seems that when I build the mesh alot of area's aren't connected, when I've had a play around in mesh generator alot of the area's seem to show they are blocked by doors, but ingame the doors aren't there, any suggestions?

Been having the issue with the old large zones where MQ2NAV and Easyfind won't work because zone is too large I am being told. I have tried recreating the meshes with the maximum size tile settings and still no good.

The other issue is when MQ2Nav does appear to work, my pullers are constantly getting stuck. This is happening in multiple zones, not just one. This never happened before. I have tried reloading meshes, deleting and recreating, etc, with no luck.

Any advise on how to fix this? It doesn't matter if it is a flat outside area, or indoors, same issues.

Below I have attached two images of pullers getting stuck on their way out to grab mobs.

Thank you in advance for any insight into this issue.

Attachments

• stuck.jpg
    stuck.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 22
  • stuck2.jpg
    stuck2.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 22
Hey Guys,

I set up my group in Skyfire caves for some farming. I created a brand new mesh for Skyfire using the generate. I set my pull range on my SK to 350 and ran KA11. My SK pulled the 3 mobs that were in the room I was in, but anything after that she would just sit down and keep saying that she was looking for close range mobs, even though there were mobs literally right around the corner.....

Am I doing something wrong or is the Skyfire mesh bugged?

can you post your pull section from your kiss ini

edit - I'm talking to Bmars in game now, I'll help him get sorted out

PullWith=Terror of Kra`Du
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=250
MaxZRange=250
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=1
ChainPullHP=60
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullPause=60|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0

Note: I've tried changing the MaxRadius from 250-300-350 but it doesn't fix anything . . . .

So i purchased mq2zerk, had to start using mq2nav which is all good. so i did a pc reboot and fired everyone back up, now the tank/puller uses nav to pull with and i cannot turn it off, checked in melee files, the ini and nothing... anyone have ideas?

the nav element does add a certain player like feel to pulling now, but i feel it will just cause more problems down the road.

So i purchased mq2zerk, had to start using mq2nav which is all good. so i did a pc reboot and fired everyone back up, now the tank/puller uses nav to pull with and i cannot turn it off, checked in melee files, the ini and nothing... anyone have ideas?

the nav element does add a certain player like feel to pulling now, but i feel it will just cause more problems down the road.
you can just /plugin mq2nav unload on your tank - but man, I don't see any reason why you would want to. Mq2nav pulling is a much more reliable way to pull

Are you wanting to manually pull with yourself driving the puller? You can pause the macro with a /mqp command, do your pull thing and then do /mqp again to resume the macro. You can also change the role in your ini to simply tank, rather than pullertank.

In the future, if you ever decide to use MQ2Nav and you want to only load it on specific characters and not on others. Do a search for .cfg files or MQ2 config files. This will allow you to configure each character to load only the plugins they need.

In the future, if you ever decide to use MQ2Nav and you want to only load it on specific characters and not on others. Do a search for .cfg files or MQ2 config files. This will allow you to configure each character to load only the plugins they need.

Does each toon get its own .cfg ? I tried searching and didnt find much.

Was using the ctrl-F function and crashed. Attached is the dmp file.

Attachments

• mq2nav_20190505_153034.zip
    129.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi guys,

Just installed redguides vanilla and started playing with kissassist. On the left side of my screen is an area that I can't interact with. Its like there is an invisible window over a pretty large area. Dialogue boxes or bags etc show up perfectly normally but I can't access them, or click hotkeys or anything. I've been running mq2 using a different package for ages and not had this issue before. Any ideas?

I had issues in the same zone of the screen on the upper left.

There is a window there that shows quest tracking from memory, mouse around in the upper left area (I am sure there is a key to show windows) until you can get the context menu to change it to click through or close.

Fuzzy memory on what exactly the window was but hope that helps.

Just for fun, unload and then reload MQ2Nav and then /nav UI. That used to be an issue but I thought it was fixed in 1.3. Not sure if any other plugins use an interface like that.

@jande seen you like post #4, for posterity and at the time, the statement was true. However Brainiac has since added the option to use what's called an "offmesh" link, which would require an understanding of existing methods of creating meshes, in addition to the use of off mesh links. So it is now possible to go through illusionary walls.

@jande seen you like post #4, for posterity and at the time, the statement was true. However Brainiac has since added the option to use what's called an "offmesh" link, which would require an understanding of existing methods of creating meshes, in addition to the use of off mesh links. So it is now possible to go through illusionary walls.

Is there an example of this or how to do this? I also started playing with mesh's a bit.

So I've been back in CotF zones, and it brought back memories of false walls and random piles of rocks etc

Working through off mesh connections for tower of rot, and I wonder what it is that makes the mesh generator show/use the piles of boulders etc in the ramps. They are quite tricky at some to get off mesh connections to work since moving around the mesh to place/click no collision with walls means I often over shoot the space between the ramp floor/random rock shapes.

I end up correlating in game and the mesh generator to try make sure I'm going the right direction. Would be amazing if could place them in game for the mesh generator to grab and build into the navmesh

Anyway we can set/adjust camera movement speeds? I recall long ago it being either really slow, or with shift ultra fast but not much between. Now the slow speed seems a bit fast for this tight adjustment in awkward spots.

So far I've done neriak mesh, seems to work fantastic in static.

I'll be sharing the few cotf zones once I'm done with the major static versions

All in all, I've always been amazed by peoples work with/for mq2. But mq2nav and the generator from the old days to now is like the difference between spreading frozen butter and spraying butter out of a bottle, simply amazing work.

Thank you!!

I've been working through tower of rot.... I not tomorrow but the next I'll do a quick video with me making connection/avoid area. ToR is sadly full of great examples. Including some problematic ones to show how to get working.

Plus, all these videos lately.... Need a strange aussie accent one here too I think.

Tried to search for this as I'm guessing it's been discussed but can't find anything.

Anybody else having an issue where the mouse cursor over the MQ2Nav UI isn't actually pointing to the spot it shows up? I.E. - In order to click "Save" on a new waypoint, I actually have to be about an inch and a half up and to the left of the Save button with my cursor.

Just reloaded after a long time. Didn't use to have this issue.

I occasionally have issues with click the nav ui and can't always minimise/maximise arrow on nav ui window to fix it.... I usually just /nav ui twice and it's good again. Seems to happen randomly, not sure if it's after zoning a few times or what

I use a TV for my monitor but it's the same monitor ive been playing on for years. I have recently updated my processor/MB/RAM etc. Everything else runs like a champ, but this is the only thing, and I LOVE MQ2Nav for getting around and have used the UI extensively.

In the picture below, I have the Save Button highlighted but my cursor (if you could actually see it) is just below the one in the 613.49 coordinate.

Unloading/reloading does nothing no matter how many times I do it.

Attachments

• Nav UI.png
    Nav UI.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 8
I think brainiac is still going to want to know if you're using any kind of desktop scaling. (Check your display settings)

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back