• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (3 Viewers)

anyone else having issues with the mesh for Esianti? i've tried building it multiple ways and get a lot of unable to locate start or designation errors

*** Edit to add *** The problem I get is "Could not locate destination on Navmesh" when I try to pull in this zone.

I know it's old school, but I'm farming Hynid Bloods and Natimbi is a good spot for them. Every Nav Mesh I download or make has the same problem. It seems the zone was somehow layered and none of the higher elevations will stitch together properly. Has anyone figure out how to address this? I'm attaching a picture of the problem area in the mesh which I downloaded from here today. I've tried making my own meshes with a variety of settings but it's a no go. Somehow the zone was built screwy. If you load the mesh you will see this break extends at a certain elevation for the entire zone. It's like the zone designer just dropped a layer on top.

I just spend 2 or 3 hours experimenting but my AMD hardware takes forever to manipulate these meshes.

natimbi_problem.JPG

Last edited:
Its because there is a massive plane at the bottom of the zone. There is a limit to the amount of height that the mesh can measure, and that low plane is causing it to hit that limit. Bring the Min Y of the bounding box up 0 and that should fix it.

1547424890235.png

any one have upto date meshes for TBL zones, am having problems where my toons just run off the islands and I can not seem to sort it at all, it makes pulling a night mare. so any help would be appreciated

1.3.0 Beta release posted here: https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2nav-beta.958/
You can also find it available here: https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/releases/tag/1.3.0.90

any one have upto date meshes for TBL zones, am having problems where my toons just run off the islands and I can not seem to sort it at all, it makes pulling a night mare. so any help would be appreciated
Check the MQ2Nav Meshes resource: https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2nav-meshes.340/

Thanks Brainiac, really just starting to appreciate how good MQ2Nav is, although having a few problems pulling in the first TBL zone and occasional " cant find location" comments" but cant understand why i never used it so much before

brainiac updated MQ2Nav with a new update entry:

MQ2Nav 1.3.0

1.3.0 Stable Release
This is a major release of MQ2Nav

Highlights & New Features
New Off-Mesh Connections tool (#52, #65)
Using the new MeshGenerator connections tool, create short connections between two points on the mesh. The distance is limited to adjacent tiles. Connections can be one-way or bi-directional, and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have a problem with MeshGenerator.exe. With the last patch, it starts with window larger than my monitor screen instead of being smaller. It is offset to the left so I can click on right side to resize it and move it to center of screen. It seems to work ok after being resized.

However, since this started some of my meshes don't work. Dreadspire Keep is the one causing me the most problems.

The symptoms are:
Come to me key causes the follow message - Could not locate starting point on navmesh
Follow key mostly works but sometimes one char will not follow.
Once I get crew following, the Come to me key will cause them to stop.

I frequently use the come to me key to move around while hunting mobs. This way they don't get in the way or fall off bridges when I pull a mob. This is not a game stopper but it is really a problem when I forget to click on the Come to me key to stop the following.

Thanks for the great job you guys are doing.

INI:
/bcga //doortarget "OBJ_COFFIN_A"
/bcga //nav door click
/bcga //notify largedialogwindow "LDW_YesButton" leftmouseup

I've been using this code for some time, all the sudden it's giving me an error. "Could not reach destination (too far away):"
I rebuilt the mesh and it looks good but.. still won't nav to target. GUI shows distance as 1900.

I tried it manually by targeting a mob standing near the door and then /nav target. Same response. Too far away.
I kept targeting mobs closer and closer to my position. Finally around half way between the door and myself it started to work by running toward the target. I then ran the code above and it worked as normal.
Is there a new limit on nav distance??

Last edited:
INI:
/bcga //doortarget "OBJ_COFFIN_A"
/bcga //nav door click
/bcga //notify largedialogwindow "LDW_YesButton" leftmouseup

I've been using this code for some time, all the sudden it's giving me an error. "Could not reach destination (too far away):"
I rebuilt the mesh and it looks good but.. still won't nav to target. GUI shows distance as 1900.

I tried it manually by targeting a mob standing near the door and then /nav target. Same response. Too far away.
I kept targeting mobs closer and closer to my position. Finally around half way between the door and myself it started to work by running toward the target. I then ran the code above and it worked as normal.
Is there a new limit on nav distance??

whats your tile size on the mesh set to?

Tile size: 69
Cell size: 0.342
Cell height: 0.398

52875 tiles (235x225)

Is what I used on the new mesh.
Not sure what the old mesh was but it had been working fine.

Tile size: 69
Cell size: 0.342
Cell height: 0.398

52875 tiles (235x225)

Is what I used on the new mesh.
Not sure what the old mesh was but it had been working fine.

Yeah, i seem to be (randomly?) getting the "Could not reach destination (too far away):" error now as well, and on different meshes.. granted, meshes created using old nav, and perhaps new nav has changed how it reads meshes? Solution - create new mesh using new meshgenerator.exe ?

that it some crazy tile size and cell stats

Tile size: 256
Cell size: 0.5
Cell height: 0.25

do these and you win. for larger zones you might need to bump the tile size up a few notches. but for most zones these numbers are fit

Problem is your tiles are too small. Bump it up to like 256 or higher

Oh wow, 256 (or higher) ? I think default was 128, or 96? So we're looking at much larger for better nav workability? Is this something 'in general' or only specific to the ones that are returning that error message?

It's largely dependant on the size of the zone. Larger zones or zones with more geometry will be problematic. A lot of my meshes were built with small tile sizes (64?) initially and I haven't gone through the effort of updating any of it. Best bet is to try building the mesh with default settings, if the issues persist then try updating tile size to a large number, especially for larger zones.

@brainiac i need a meshgenerator.exe where those numbers i listed is default :p how would i go about compiling that?

https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav

Just open MQ2Nav.sln and set it to the x64 platform. Doing this will not build the plugin so you won't run into issues trying to build. Make sure you have latest VS2017.

Having said that, the constants to edit are here:
default: https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/blob/master/common/NavMeshData.h#L74
minimum (change the 16): https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/...2e32af916a3ec131/meshgen/NavMeshTool.cpp#L277

Brainiac, Thank you for this plugin man. There's a couple of huge things in MQ2 that if it was missing I would no longer want to play EverQuest and Mq2nav is one of them. Its amazing to think of all the times my life would have been better if I had it / it existed then! lol

And I meant that as a compliment yesterday when I said that eq mob pathing sucks and daybreak should pay you to make navigation for their mobs.

Gnome Memorial Mountain is already in your EQ directory. Just need to add it somewhere in your Zones.ini
I've placed mine in a new section called "New" and when I open the mesh generator it and select open zone and scroll down on the list it's at the very bottom in it's own section called new.

Zones.ini is located in your release folder where all the plugins are located.

Happy hunting!

1552567606437.png

Gnome Memorial Mountain is already in your EQ directory. Just need to add it somewhere in your Zones.ini
I've placed mine in a new section called "New" and when I open the mesh generator it and select open zone and scroll down on the list it's at the very bottom in it's own section called new.

Zones.ini is located in your release folder where all the plugins are located.

Happy hunting!

View attachment 16123
Set this up and ran mesh gen, tried to also reduce the size of the mesh and while it builds and saves the mesh, it wont work with nav or pulling. Anyone able to get a successfull mesh for GMM yet ?

i have a nav mesh built for GMM that works
here is a modified zones.ini for the mesh builder
edit. added a navmesh that should be good for all

Attachments

• Zones.ini
    16.5 KB · Views: 37
  • gnomemtn.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back