• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (5 Viewers)

I know i'm late to the party... I have looked through this thread for info and i think i know my problem but i still cant fix it. If i try to load the plugin it crashes what ever screen i load it in. After trying to load it in game and crashing, when i try to log back in it crashes after the character select screen until I remove Nav from my mq2 folder.
Is it my directX version? Issue with isboxer?
I am using windows 7 if that helps any..

- - - Updated - - -

The thing that pisses me off the most is i can load it just fine on my laptop and it is the best plugin!

OK. Maybe I missed it, but I was trying to use this for a camp underwater. It works fine when trying to get you back to your x y location, but using /nav locyxz in the water will not swim you to your y x z location, but the x and y location are the only thing being considered. In other words. It won't move/swim down.

OK. Maybe I missed it, but I was trying to use this for a camp underwater. It works fine when trying to get you back to your x y location, but using /nav locyxz in the water will not swim you to your y x z location, but the x and y location are the only thing being considered. In other words. It won't move/swim down.

what zone ? Did old world zones even use Z ?

I wound up just turning off lev and lev related buffs in the ini files to do a camp in Katta Deluge. That worked, otherwise the toons slowly floated up and missing their nukes.

I did the same thing, the problem is the puller will never correct their Z access level and gradually end up to far up from the bottom..

OK I got everything worked out except for MQ2Nav ignores the Z access when swimming back to a x,y,z location. Would be nice if the puller would return at the same level as the z access used in the /nav locxyz ${CampXLoc} ${CampYLoc} ${CampZLoc} when in the warter.

What would it take to have the underwater movement issue fixed?

This is what worked for me.
Changed this:
Rich (BB code):
651 	if (pSpawn->UnderWater == 5 || pSpawn->FeetWet == 5) 
652 	{ 
653 		FLOAT distance = (FLOAT)GetDistance(pSpawn->X, pSpawn->Y, pos.x, pos.y); 
654 		pSpawn->CameraAngle = (FLOAT)(atan2(pos.z - pSpawn->FloorHeight, distance) * 256.0f / PI); 
655   }

To This:

Rich (BB code):
	if (pSpawn->UnderWater == 5 || pSpawn->FeetWet == 5)
	{
		FLOAT distance = (FLOAT)GetDistance3D(pSpawn->Y, pSpawn->X, pSpawn->Z, pos.y, pos.x, pos.z);
		pSpawn->CameraAngle = (FLOAT)(atan2(pos.z - pSpawn->Z, distance) * 256.0f / PI);
	}

I used MQ2MoveUtils logic/code to figure out how it was being done.

When moving this is sometimes quite jerky at the intersections of mesh points. I can only imagine that if someone uses Cast Sight on you that it would look quite bot-like. Is there a way that direction shifts can be smoothed slightly?

brainiac, thank you for your crazy awesome plugin.

I was wondering if TBM doorway mesh generation will be fixed in the future?
I have tried messing with the mesh generator by moving each variable slider one by one and meshing it to test, but seems the doorways are just impossible atm.

- - - Updated - - -

After playing around I think I found the culprit to TBM Demiplane map issues.

This is in Demi Decay:
View attachment 12505

I am standing in a "ray of light", but its actually a plane of light, so current mesher thinks its a walkable plane.
This is probably the same issue for doorways as well, since some of the doorways there are decorations with light emitting from the side of the doorways, thats why when you mesh it, the "ray of light" blocks the path.

brainiac, thank you for your crazy awesome plugin.

I was wondering if TBM doorway mesh generation will be fixed in the future?
I have tried messing with the mesh generator by moving each variable slider one by one and meshing it to test, but seems the doorways are just impossible atm.

- - - Updated - - -

After playing around I think I found the culprit to TBM Demiplane map issues.

This is in Demi Decay:
View attachment 12505

I am standing in a "ray of light", but its actually a plane of light, so current mesher thinks its a walkable plane.
This is probably the same issue for doorways as well, since some of the doorways there are decorations with light emitting from the side of the doorways, thats why when you mesh it, the "ray of light" blocks the path.

What did you try to attach? It is not working correctly.

i was wondering, if there is a guide somewhere, that explains the different settings in the mesh generator like super dumbed down so even i can undersstand them.

Is there anybody willing to set up a dropbox or the like with any valid mesh files that are tested as working?

Seems like an awful lot of mesh generation is being done but the community could benefit from the hard work of others!

I have water issues as well. Instead, I end up nav'ing to the bottom of the ocean where the 'con' circle is lit up. (could that be mq2melee interfering?) Unfortunately, the mob is often swimming at the surface, and is oor at that point. Not sure if I should try to switch to moveutils when I'm in the water too long, or maybe just evac. What's the check for that? Me.Underwater or something?

And yes, MQ2Nav is pretty darn awesome. Thanks!

I have water issues as well. Instead, I end up nav'ing to the bottom of the ocean where the 'con' circle is lit up. (could that be mq2melee interfering?) Unfortunately, the mob is often swimming at the surface, and is oor at that point. Not sure if I should try to switch to moveutils when I'm in the water too long, or maybe just evac. What's the check for that? Me.Underwater or something?

And yes, MQ2Nav is pretty darn awesome. Thanks!

MQ2Nav does not play well in the water, when the mobs are not on the bottom or on some map able structure. MQ2Nav has issues trying to find a path in the water where the target is not on or near the bottom/structure.

MQ2MoveUtils has been changed to better handle this. When using /moveto id the y x z of your target/Spawn is used. /moveto loc the actual y x z is used.

${Me.FeetWet}

I have a hard time looking up things like that on the MQ2 wiki. So I searched for your "FeetWet" suggestion and found another one I was wanting, called Me.Stunned (which is helpful when using MQ2Nav). I bookmarked that page. (I didn't realize that my own character was a 'spawn'.) It strikes me that there are many advanced features of MQ2 that aren't used much. Steep learning curve. Thanks for your assistance!

In some zones, my macro keeps getting stuck in a "cannot locate starting point on navmesh" glitch. Sometimes I can do a "/nav reload," sometimes I can just push the up arrow for a second, and sometimes an evac clears it up, but none of those things seem to clear it up every time. Sometimes it helps to do a /nav stop and then issue a new nav command, but once yesterday even unloading and reloading the plugin didn't clear it up. I had to restart EQ completely to get it working again.

The problem doesn't always appear in the same spot, though crevices and corners seem to be most common. Sometimes it's right in the center of a room where I've used nav many times before without a problem. I can't really nail down a single commonality except for which zone(s) it happens in. (PM me if you want to know the zone where I'm having the most trouble.)

On another note, I'm using nav with zero issues in other zones. That leads me to think that I might be able to clear this up through a rebuild of the mesh.

I did try decreasing the block size in the mesh (which did not seem to help), but that was just a random troubleshooting step. What steps would you recommend I try to clear up that error message? (assuming there's something I can do).

Make sure you don't have Levitate on. In some zones it can make a difference. Make sure you are using FloorZ for the Z access of mobs and/or self.

I was using lev out of habit, because it usually helps with movement in lumpy areas. In this zone, I don't need it so I'll turn it off. Thanks for the suggestion.

Also, I'm using the '/nav loc' option with the three numbers I get from the /loc command, rounded to the nearest whole number. Like: /nav loc 252 -621 98. Do I need to use the extra 2 decimals?

You should use ${Me.Y} ${Me.X} ${Me.FloorZ} rather than /loc, the loc command gives your actual Z and you want the Z location for the floor. It helps with not having bad locations

Has something changed with Nav ? Or is there other plugins required to make my toons move ? I have built the mesh's and everything loads but when i select something on the map it wont go but if i /nav target it works ? Please help .

I was using lev out of habit, because it usually helps with movement in lumpy areas. In this zone, I don't need it so I'll turn it off. Thanks for the suggestion.

Also, I'm using the '/nav loc' option with the three numbers I get from the /loc command, rounded to the nearest whole number. Like: /nav loc 252 -621 98. Do I need to use the extra 2 decimals?

You should use ${Me.Y} ${Me.X} ${Me.FloorZ} rather than /loc, the loc command gives your actual Z and you want the Z location for the floor. It helps with not having bad locations

If you're using coordinates to find a target, use /nav target

I am back after a long break from EQ.

I am trying to setup everything to include EQ. I launched the Mesh Generator pointed to the correct directories and launched it as admin. This is what it looks like when the program launches:

Mesh Generator.jpg

I am assuming I do not have libraries installed that are needed to render fonts.

I am back after a long break from EQ.

I am trying to setup everything to include EQ. I launched the Mesh Generator pointed to the correct directories and launched it as admin. This is what it looks like when the program launches:

View attachment 12609

I am assuming I do not have libraries installed that are needed to render fonts.

wb GPS!
Make sure you have directx:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35&44F86079-8679-400C-BFF2-9CA5F2BCBDFC=1

Red,

Thanks for the quick response. Redownloading and reinstalling only has Microsoft telling me I have newer drivers installed already.

Going to to back to my old school days of tech support. Gonna reboot my system and see if that fixes it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well,

A reboot of the system did not fix the display issues I am having with Mesh Generator.

Windows 10, latest updates applied. Not certain what other information the developer would need.

Fresh install of MQ2 (test flavor) using KISS installer.

MeshGenerator.ini
Rich (BB code):
[General]
EverQuest Path=C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest - Test
Output Path=C:\Users\blah\Desktop\MQ2Test\Release
ZoneMaxExtents=true

MeshGenerator_UI.ini
Rich (BB code):
[Debug]
Pos=60,60
Size=400,400
Collapsed=0

[Properties]
Pos=20,41
Size=325,84
Collapsed=0

[##Tools]
Pos=851,21
Size=315,547
Collapsed=0

meshgenerator uses opengl. check for newer opengl drivers? haven't seen this issue come up before so I'm not sure what the problem would be. fonts are baked into the app so its really just a problem rendering quads.

I have Nav set up on 2 computers there same spec .. On my main computer i can not use the find function to move to selected target like a zone line ... but i can use /nav target .... what is something i can change to allow the find function of nav to work again .

meshgenerator uses opengl. check for newer opengl drivers? haven't seen this issue come up before so I'm not sure what the problem would be. fonts are baked into the app so its really just a problem rendering quads.
Might just be that, I am running on an older laptop with Windows 10. No OEM display drivers for Windows 10, just using generic drivers. The is probably the reason opengl is not displaying fonts correctly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

just wondering is there syntax to set door trigger distance without having to use the click and drag slider ?

Re: MQ2Nav 1.1.0 Release

I was wondering what that was for.

It is a plugin designed to move your toon around inside EQ based on some of the same sorta technology that the self driving cars use.

You use a "mesh generator" to create a 3d model of all the hard coded geomtry in a zone. Wall, trees, doors, everything that is in the zone files.

Then you load the mesh ingame with the plug. You can then utlize the commands to move your character around.

Say for instance you have a groupmate on the other side of the zone...using the same sort of restrictions you use with MQ2's Spawn TLO you can type in "/nav spawn pc billybob" which will have the plugin look for a spawn, that is a player character, named billybob. Once located, it will generate a viable path between you and billybob (that is constantly recalculated and updated) and run your toon along this path.

If you made your mesh right (sometimes takes some editing to better match what is ingame. If you have a large toon or run around on a mount for instance) the toon will dodge around trees/wall/buildings... will follow along tunnels, up ramps, down the side of stuff, what ever. Until your toon reaches Billybob.

There are of course a number of other things you can do with it (run to X location, run to a trigger X zone door/object, run to X object, ect ect) but that ought to be enough info to grasp the concept. For instance the writer put in a "path length" TLO so folks can write a pulling routine for macros that can pull mobs that have the shortest path, or ignores mobs who path are over X length but are inside the pull radius (so your toon doesn't path all over the zone like some mobs used to do)

Its the brainchild of Brainiac, that took him a LONG ass time to write, and has the potential to be dead useful.

/target <insert mob name here>
/Nav target

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you can add waypoints using /Nav ui
Then run to the waypoint using /Nav wp <insert waypoint name here>

- - - Updated - - -

And, if you don't have the desire to run there in game you can use the mesh generator program to get to the place on the map you want to use as the waypoint and the loc coordinates are visible

Brainiac, is there a way to /nav target and arrive maybe to a set distance away? ie within melee distance?

Would be nice to run to a vendor and not land directly on top of him!

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back