• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (3 Viewers)

How does one zoom in/out in a mesh on MQ2Nav Mesh generator?

I see from some screenshots in this thread from MQ2Nav Mesh generator that it is possible to zoom in on a specific area of zone.

I've tried most mouse/keyboard shortcuts ctrl/right click/scroll + - etc :)

With Right Mouse Button held down I can rotate the mesh but can't zoom.

EDIT: it is WASD of course :) should have read on screen instructions. Doh! :doh:

How does one zoom in/out in a mesh on MQ2Nav Mesh generator?

I see from some screenshots in this thread from MQ2Nav Mesh generator that it is possible to zoom in on a specific area of zone.

I've tried most mouse/keyboard shortcuts ctrl/right click/scroll + - etc :)

With Right Mouse Button held down I can rotate the mesh but can't zoom.

EDIT: it is WASD of course :) should have read on screen instructions. Doh! :doh:

There is a loc input on the meshgen UI you can directly change the numeric values there, its the "Properties" window on the top left when you load up mesh

For the most part I use W/A/S/D along with the right mouse button to get to the spot i want to be at on the mesh.

I strongly suggest using the loc input in "Properties" if its taking a long time to zoom in and out and pan via the keyboard/mouse. It will save you a lot of grief.

There is a loc input on the meshgen UI you can directly change the numeric values there, its the "Properties" window on the top left when you load up mesh

For the most part I use W/A/S/D along with the right mouse button to get to the spot i want to be at on the mesh.

I strongly suggest using the loc input in "Properties" if its taking a long time to zoom in and out and pan via the keyboard/mouse. It will save you a lot of grief.

hold shift key to move super fast

I get this crash off and on with a puller.

mq2navcrash.PNG

I have remade the mesh file and so far no crashes in 24 hours. Might have just been some sort of mesh bug?

Last edited:
Working on some movement macros, will your door logic click a zone line door or just interior doors?

If you're talking about the auto door functionality, that will only click you typical standard door.

If you're talking about /nav door etc that will click any door object that you choose, even things that don't do anything if clicked. It works on things like the zone doors in guildlobby for example.

If you're talking about /nav door etc that will click any door object that you choose, even things that don't do anything if clicked. It works on things like the zone doors in guildlobby for example.

Thats what I wanted, Thanks much! Love this plugin. Life is Nav, Nav is life!

Hi,

this /nav door [itemname] click

is so cooooooooooool.

But I have one zone where no nav is working: Western Wastes

It is the same Problem as already stated with the error message: Could not locate starting point on the navmesh ...

Was there already a fix for that?

Thx in advance for any help how to fix that
Regards
eqtrader63

How would I go about removing meshed areas from a map (blue areas) where my puller gets stuck pulling. Also, if i remove the blue area around where he gets stuck will he avoid the area. Thank you for any help on this.

How would I go about removing meshed areas from a map (blue areas) where my puller gets stuck pulling. Also, if i remove the blue area around where he gets stuck will he avoid the area. Thank you for any help on this.

Shift+left mouse will remove a mesh tile and it will not be used for pathing.

Removing tiles isn't a good way to mark areas for avoiding pathing. Use the mark areas tool and actually MARK the areas on the mesh you don't want to path through. Its much better.

https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/wiki/Screenshots
down near the bottom

Removing tiles isn't a good way to mark areas for avoiding pathing. Use the mark areas tool and actually MARK the areas on the mesh you don't want to path through. Its much better.

https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/wiki/Screenshots
down near the bottom

Is this something you do in game or in the mesh generator? I'm still not seeing how to do this from the link you provided. Thanks again.

Is this something you do in game or in the mesh generator? I'm still not seeing how to do this from the link you provided. Thanks again.

Its all through the mesh generator. Sorry for the lack of documentation. Use the mark areas tool to draw shapes on the ground to mark areas that you shouldn't path across

https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/wiki/Screenshots#mq2nav-navmesh-area-types

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/master/doc/screenshots/meshgen-areas.png
click create new, select the area type, click on the mesh to generate points, alt click to end and form a shape. experiment with it a little bit.

So how do we get it to include a door or a wall edge in the pathing? For example, the neighborhood guild door in the guild lobby. Default settings and a path cannot be found to this door (using /nav door id 1 click). I added a marked area around the door and made it walkable but it still can't find the path. If i drop the radius way down it will find the path. Suggestions?

So how do we get it to include a door or a wall edge in the pathing? For example, the neighborhood guild door in the guild lobby. Default settings and a path cannot be found to this door (using /nav door id 1 click). I added a marked area around the door and made it walkable but it still can't find the path. If i drop the radius way down it will find the path. Suggestions?

The door is too far from the mesh. In the nav ui (ingame) under Settings, change the polygon search extents to 5.0 50.0 5.0 and it should work.

The polygon search extends compute how far from the mesh it is willing to search for a path. Be careful setting this too high, as navigating near the edges of the mesh may become unreliable if the numbers are set too high. These are the X Y Z coordinates (Y is up/down)

I still get reset device failed when I resize eq window with mq2nav loaded or when I /exit with it loaded. It only happens on this PC and I cant figure out why.

I get that too on two of my computers. I don't know why either. I tried updating direct X and that didn't fix the issue. I've tried everything except reinstalling MQ2 in all honesty. It will also happen when you try to run a program as admin, not just when you try and resize a window.

If you find a fix for it please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it!

Unrelated I also have an MQ2 nav question for Brainiac - How can I get it to mesh doors or how can I mark a door that it's not picking up? In Acrylia Caverns inside the castle there's giant gates that the plugin doesn't register as an object so it doesn't open them it just runs into them endlessly. I could avoid those rooms if I wanted too but I would like it to pull everything... if I could just get it to open the door!!

I get that too on two of my computers. I don't know why either. I tried updating direct X and that didn't fix the issue. I've tried everything except reinstalling MQ2 in all honesty. It will also happen when you try to run a program as admin, not just when you try and resize a window.

If you find a fix for it please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it!

Unrelated I also have an MQ2 nav question for Brainiac - How can I get it to mesh doors or how can I mark a door that it's not picking up? In Acrylia Caverns inside the castle there's giant gates that the plugin doesn't register as an object so it doesn't open them it just runs into them endlessly. I could avoid those rooms if I wanted too but I would like it to pull everything... if I could just get it to open the door!!

I tried a new mq2 folder with nothing but default stuff + mq2nav still does it.

After yesterdays patch, /nav ui doesnt pop up my nav window now. Do I have to update MQ2Nav? or reload something. MQ2Nav is still running and I can /nav reload and it works, just cant get the nav window. Thanks in advance.

Sometimes the nav ui is active/up but it's invisible. If you mouse over the location it normally displays and your mouse icon changes from the EQ Icon to the desktop icon then your nav is bugged out.

I am unsure if reloading the mq2nav plugin fixes it but I too have had that issue

Sometimes the nav ui is active/up but it's invisible. If you mouse over the location it normally displays and your mouse icon changes from the EQ Icon to the desktop icon then your nav is bugged out.

I am unsure if reloading the mq2nav plugin fixes it but I too have had that issue

unloading adn reloading the plugin fixes it.

So I can't seem to get it to save the mesh I just created? in the MQ2Nav folder theres alot of doors files, but no mesh?

Your mesh generator probably isn't pointed at the right folder and so its saving mesh some place else. Check the settings in mesh generator and make sure you have the mq2 folder selected.

Did many times, its pointed to the release folder, run it in admin mode but it wont save anything

- - - Updated - - -

SO I think I know what the problem is, my windows user account contains danish letters which I dont think it can cope with?
Under users it created a different folder with corrupted letters and in that is the files... Guess I can just copy them for now

This might help ${Navigation.PathLength[x y z]}

Rich (BB code):
${Navigation.PathLength[${Spawn[${PullMob}].X} ${Spawn[${PullMob}].Y} ${Spawn[${PullMob}].Z}]}

So Im just getting into using this, and it's Incredible. I meshed the zone, and kiss assist pulls great. The only problem im having is no matter what I turn my Pull radius down too he pulls at a distance of 180. In the area Im in that means he's pulling a room where there are a Butt Ton load of mobs and it kills the group.
Someone able to talk me through how to either A. Set a specific pull path B. Lower the Radius Or C. Set my SK up to FD pull? Not sure if any or all of these are possible but if someone could direct me where to learn this or even just help me out here that would be great. Thanks so much Great project! Thanks Braniac!

I know, old topic, but it seems innerspace still doesn't like the NAV UI. Can this be assigned just to a specific window? Dont really need the UI on every window, just the puller, or just the active window?

I know, old topic, but it seems innerspace still doesn't like the NAV UI. Can this be assigned just to a specific window? Dont really need the UI on every window, just the puller, or just the active window?

I was wondering about this recently because I had to move my normal camp location(s) due to another couple of AFK farm groups moving into my camp spot. The new location I chose has some Z-axis changes that make line of sight pulling (which is all I usually do these days) much more difficult. I use ISBoxer exclusively, so really I'd need it to work with that, but I guess I can try loading separately, if that's necessary.

Ok, so I can get this to repeat on my puller which works for my needs atm. On the puller unload the plugin and reload the plugin and the nav ui will work on that toon until, camp/re-log ect. It will only work on the 1 window at a time.

hey guys lovely plugin here!

quick question when using with KA. im pulling mobs in some tight tunnels and the movement is fine, is it meant to be pulling the closest mob in the KA radius or the first mob it runs into in a tunnel ? im finding it runs past 3 - 5 - 10 mobs to get to a mob that is 'closer' in a room next to where my camp is?

love the work guys

Reset Device Failed () error just got a lot worse with yesterday's patch and MQ2Nav.

Before I had to load a program in order to get the crash to happen, now the crash happens randomly without explanation when I have MQ2nav loaded. It's honestly as of now completely unusable.

william12 made a post earlier in the thread about it as well - so I know I am not the only one with an issue. If I unload MQ2Nav the issue is fixed so I can say with absolute certainty that the issue originates in MQ2 Nav

Last edited:
This isn't working currently. It says in red Invalid nav destination: x y z
If I try to /nav to that loc it works, no issues.
If I put another character on the intended spot and try ${Navigation.PathLength[id ${Target.ID}]} works

This might help ${Navigation.PathLength[x y z]}

Rich (BB code):
${Navigation.PathLength[${Spawn[${PullMob}].X} ${Spawn[${PullMob}].Y} ${Spawn[${PullMob}].Z}]}

I forgot the locxyz
This might help ${Navigation.PathLength[locxyz x y z]}
Rich (BB code):
${Navigation.PathLength[locxyz ${Spawn[${PullMob}].X} ${Spawn[${PullMob}].Y} ${Spawn[${PullMob}].FloorZ}]}

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back