• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (5 Viewers)

I have it working flawlessly on the main machine however the laptop just refuses to load , i have even tried pulling known working from the other computer to no avail , when i do /plugin mq2nav load it says invalid command like it cant find it its listed in the mq ini however wont start and i checked to be sure nothing was blocked clueless on this one , any help would be appreciated.

I have it working flawlessly on the main machine however the laptop just refuses to load , i have even tried pulling known working from the other computer to no avail , when i do /plugin mq2nav load it says invalid command like it cant find it its listed in the mq ini however wont start and i checked to be sure nothing was blocked clueless on this one , any help would be appreciated.

Type /mac asd and make sure the path to your macroquest folders are correct, then check and make sure mq2nav is in the release folder. Sometimes the macroquest.ini gets corrupted, and grabbing the default one creating a new one sometimes help.

Just tossing out some things to try!

What Lurk is describing is an issue in KA. This happens if killed when in the Pull Routine or in the DoWeMove routine when returning to camp. There is no check for if you have died or Hovering. The fix should no be that hard.

Type /mac asd and make sure the path to your macroquest folders are correct, then check and make sure mq2nav is in the release folder. Sometimes the macroquest.ini gets corrupted, and grabbing the default one creating a new one sometimes help.

Just tossing out some things to try!
i trieed the /mac asd but it retuned no suck macro , reloaded entire windows 10 now it works so no clue something must have been blocking it from running.

Having a bit of trouble in Arx Mentis, first zone that I can't get Mq2 nav to work in after the update =P

Specifically, Arx Mentis (almost the whole zone) takes place in a floating..... hmm... object? above the ground. MQ2 nav is having a hard time picking up anything inside the giant floating thing.

I'm trying to think of some ways of how to explain what it is doing... One thing it will do is it will run around the hallways in a large square but eventually just pick a (seemingly random) spot to cut into the wall and that's where he'll give up trying to reach his target.

He doesn't seem to pick up door arches. He can navigate in the hallways (sometimes) and navigate in the rooms but he can't navigate between the hallways and rooms.

Last edited:
Having a bit of trouble in Arx Mentis, first zone that I can't get Mq2 nav to work in after the update =P

Specifically, Arx Mentis (almost the whole zone) takes place in a floating..... hmm... object? above the ground. MQ2 nav is having a hard time picking up anything inside the giant floating thing.

I'm trying to think of some ways of how to explain what it is doing... One thing it will do is it will run around the hallways in a large square but eventually just pick a (seemingly random) spot to cut into the wall and that's where he'll give up trying to reach his target.

He doesn't seem to pick up door arches. He can navigate in the hallways (sometimes) and navigate in the rooms but he can't navigate between the hallways and rooms.

I've had this issue occur in several zones, not sure how to fix it yet. My guess is its something to do with tiling the geometry at the wall and mq2nav thinks it can get to mobs on other side of the wall, since sometimes the tiles are so big it runs up or down the wall. I've played around with tile and cell size but had no luck. Right before the entrance to the castle in Chardok, just past the bridge and before the 2nd bridge is a good area it borks up, another is the the rat tunnels in breeding grounds, since the tiles like to include some of the geometry of the tunnel wall.

reduce the bounding box to only the areas that you can walk on. I think i saw this one too while just spot checking navmeshes. The part that matters the most is how high it is, so if nothing else, make sure the Y axis of the bounding box is as high as you can make it.

When attempting to load Chelsith Reborn (chelsith) in the Mesh Generator I get a message failed to load zone - does anyone have access to the file so I can copy it please? Thanks!

When attempting to load Chelsith Reborn (chelsith) in the Mesh Generator I get a message failed to load zone - does anyone have access to the file so I can copy it please? Thanks!

You need to get latest zones.ini, there was a typo (check in the zip in the download link)

- - - Updated - - -

I had issue in scorched woods where the zone is on a floating island basically. I had to raise cell height to .500 to get it to build properly

This is the Y axis bounding box that I mentioned before. changing the cell height might fix it to some degree but introduce other problems if you're not careful. I woudln't recommend to other people this method to solve the problem.

Also, of you open up scorched woods in latest version, I have manually corrected this problem so it won't occur for this zone anymore.

I'm going to toy around with it tonight and see what happens, messing with the heights and bounding box etc etc. I literally only need it to work on this single floor so if I can cut out the rest of the zone with it and just make this floor work... well that'll be great!

Here's some images to show my problem:

Here's what I see ingame/what mq2nav spits at me for errors:

zJy5Cxx.jpg

Just south of my on the map you can see where my group is, this is where the tank begun his journey into the wall at. The green hallway that runs east to west at the bottom of my map he doesn't pick up on the mesh at all, the other hallways he does run through though, but usually into a wall. Figured out why, I say below - but two tiles in this one hallway aren't getting meshed for some reason.

Here is where I am on the navmesh (I put a black swirly where my group is):

5bEKY47.jpg

My settings in the nav mesh generator is me testing things out so they're probably oddly wrong. However I wanted to show how this zone is displayed on the nav generator. It's worth noting too that upon closer inspection I notice some areas on my floor aren't tiled; in fact my group is parked on an untiled floor piece. I missed this last night cause I was too tired and too stoned but now that I have clarity I would say that's most likely the issue.

WwaCQCW.jpg

I've tried remeshing the tiles today but I failed. I can move my group and still pull two nameds with the amount of tiles that are meshed... however I would like to try and figure out a way to mesh the areas that aren't getting meshed.

The irony of this situation is the middle room has two entries. The first has a meshed doorway but not a meshed hallway. The second entry has a meshed hallway but not a meshed doorway.

Is there anyway I could mesh these few spots by hand to make them work? I can't seem to figure out how and I have been toying with it for 30 - 45min or so. Probably will toy with it even more throughout the night.

Edit - It seems to be working slightly better once I decreased the cell size of the tiles. As brainiac suggested though this gave me other issues. One of them being the tank will stand in an area and cycle through targets to pull, Kissassist says PULLING->Name of Mob<- ID:#### ft ----- but it doesn't actually run to the mob most of the time. *when* it does decide to pick a mob though and it finally starts moving to it, there are no issues. He just seems to take forever to pick up/register the nav mesh. I'd assume this issue would be more KA than MQ2nav

Yeah theres something up with that zone but I'm not sure what is going on. I played around with it a little bit and saw the same thing you're seeing.

This is what I got now, I did get it working throughout the night. Incase anyone comes to Arx with a similar issue:

dLWddJT.jpg

I pretty much meshed my floor, a few floors below it and made the tiles smaller. Only issues I have are things Kissassist is doing weird here. Sometimes it'll select a target and it will initiate the "stuck" movement I described earlier, backing up and strafing. After it backs up and strafes it picks up the nav mesh and runs to the target perfectly. It's like it doesn't recognize it at first for some reason so it throws the "I'm stuck" subroutine at it; then it proceeds normally right after. Also it cycles targets but not as much as it was doing earlier before I shrank the size of the nav mesh down some more.

Aside from that with my minor tweaks to the nav mesh it seems to be working just dandy

Lurk,

Sounds like the issue could be where you are starting from as well as where the mob is standing. First, if you are standing on a non-pathable tile(grey Tile). /nav will not move your character, causing kiss to think the character is stuck and execute the stuck code. After the stuck routine moves the character around, if they moved onto a pathable tile(Blue) then the character will take off. The same can be said if the mob is standing on a non-pathable tile. The last part is an assumption, but I have had to redo meshes to include parts of a hall next to the wall, because if my puller gets pushed up against the wall and outside of the pathable tiles, I normally see him do the, I am stuck dance, and then take off pulling the mob.

Wonder if there is a NAV TLO Member or something that would return if the location is outside the meshes path? That way you could check if the Location you are at and/or the location you are pathing too, is part of the pathable mesh(Blue).

Anyone else having issues trying to build a mesh in Frontier Mountains (new expansion)? The mesh generator slows to a crawl when loading that zone. Also, In Droga i can make the mesh just fine, it loads in game, but when using kiss it doesnt let me pull using it. I just stand still looking for mobs. Are there any good guides for mesh generation?

Lurk,

Sounds like the issue could be where you are starting from as well as where the mob is standing. First, if you are standing on a non-pathable tile(grey Tile). /nav will not move your character, causing kiss to think the character is stuck and execute the stuck code. After the stuck routine moves the character around, if they moved onto a pathable tile(Blue) then the character will take off. The same can be said if the mob is standing on a non-pathable tile. The last part is an assumption, but I have had to redo meshes to include parts of a hall next to the wall, because if my puller gets pushed up against the wall and outside of the pathable tiles, I normally see him do the, I am stuck dance, and then take off pulling the mob.

Wonder if there is a NAV TLO Member or something that would return if the location is outside the meshes path? That way you could check if the Location you are at and/or the location you are pathing too, is part of the pathable mesh(Blue).

Here is where I am on the nav mesh (black circle) and the red lines are the paths the puller uses to pull (I used my other image and just drew over it):

4Eoq1zp.jpg

It's not because the tiles aren't meshed (anymore) - the starting point and where the mob are both have meshed tiles in all pullable areas. The mobs aren't even standing on objects that could make them hard to find, they're all on ground level.

The last part is an assumption, but I have had to redo meshes to include parts of a hall next to the wall, because if my puller gets pushed up against the wall and outside of the pathable tiles, I normally see him do the, I am stuck dance, and then take off pulling the mob.

This I think is more likely what I am seeing... I have been closely watching the puller do his magic and normally when he does his stuck dance before pulling it's cause he was standing on a little lip on the wall. The part that makes no sense to me though is after he does the backing up/strafing movement if he doesn't end up in the middle of the hallway and ends up on another lip on the wall he auto corrects himself just fine/picks up a nearby nav point to begin his journey to the mob. There's a lot of inconsistencies with this issue. If you ask me what it kind of looks like is kissassist is sending commands out of order or rushing them

In the past kissassist would occassionally do the stuck movement if it targeted a mob not directly in its line of sight. I feel like 'sometimes' kissassist takes a moment to realize MQ2nav is loaded and the first time it sends the command through the macro to pull it's sending it with the preassumption MQ2nav isn't loaded. Then after it does the "stuck" routine it realizes MQ2 nav is loaded. Why it only occasionally does this and why it started with this nav mesh and does it with no others I am totally unsure.

Well to get the Stuck code to execute you have to be pathing, but not moving. Think of being stuck on an object, like a stump in the middle of an open field. Your character takes off running, and hits the stump. After hitting the stump the stuck code will get called. Now think about when /nav id ${Target.ID}, and if you are standing in a spot that is not mapped in the mesh, what happens? If you are standing in a location that is NOT mapped for pathing, then your character never takes off and just stands there. To the Pull and/or DoWeMove routine it looks the same as if you have run into the stump, and calls the stuck routine.

I could be all wrong about MQ2Nav, but that is my assumptions based on watching this happen when using KA. I can manually move my puller off the wall and they take off, so it has something to do with where they are standing at the time the /nav command was issued. I have also seen another issue when the mob is standing in a non-pathable area, but that is very un-common.

Well to get the Stuck code to execute you have to be pathing, but not moving.

For me (in the past when not using MQ2nav) it would initiate the stuck command when it was standing still *only* after it would say ">-PULLING-< %Target" in the MQ2 window. So I get what you mean by it won't issue 'stuck' unless it's pathing but not moving. Normally it would only do this issue in extremely rare circumstances where part of the mob was obstructed or the mob was moving while KA picked it as a target. If the mob was moving and he walked out of LoS for example shortly after choosing him as a target, Kissassist would do the 'stuck' routine without leaving my camp and in some cases without even moving from my camp location.

Similarly if part of the mob's view was obstructed by a hill/lip/lamp post it would do it as well sometimes.

I have two ideas that may fix it or give you an idea to fix it: First would be add a check to "ReturntoCamp" before pulling. At least this would always put you back on the navmesh before finding a target

Second idea, would help some too - Have the tank/pullertank routines take more priority over where they fight the mob. I'm sure you've seen it (or someone else here has) where MQ2 nav pulls and the tank engages a mob around the corner, not in LoS of your DPS. ReturntoCamp only seems to work AFTER combat so if the tank engages a mob around the corner he's pretty much gotta solo it since the DPS can't pew pew it. This has a greater chance to leave your puller/melee DPS in an awkward spot.

Yes. I have seen that happen before, and I have been thinking about what can be done to fix the nav issue when starting a pull, maybe even check in the stuck code if you are close to camp, if close to camp then do /moveto camp and get out of the stuck routine and then let it continue. That may fix 95% of the /nav issue we see when pulling.

So, for my edification, when building a mesh, if there is blue across the floor of where you want to pull then it is NOT included in the mesh and you're not going to get proper functionality out of MQ2Nav. You need to lower the setting that lowers the floor (think it's Y, but could be wrong) so that it's all included in the mesh. Right?

So, for my edification, when building a mesh, if there is blue across the floor of where you want to pull then it is NOT included in the mesh and you're not going to get proper functionality out of MQ2Nav. You need to lower the setting that lowers the floor (think it's Y, but could be wrong) so that it's all included in the mesh. Right?

blue appears to be mesh where it is missing is a place not included in mesh to my understanding :)

to activate:
Rich (BB code):
/plugin mq2nav

If loaded and a mesh exists when KISS starts it should automatically use it for pulling as needed.

If you have mq2 loaded and create a mesh after the fact,
Rich (BB code):
/nav ui
brings up the in game screen to reload the mesh for that zone.

I could be wrong but I think that you have to restart KISS if you load a mesh after KISS is already running.

other commands for running around manualy:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/42249-MQ2Nav?p=276482&viewfull=1#post276482

Blue = you're good it's meshed
Gray = Area not meshed can't navigate

What settings would I adjust to get this type of thing set as blue? In game you can easily walk over this area but the mesh generator doesn't agree.

When a part of the floor wasn't properly meshed for me I messed with the Tile size/Cell size (I figured making it bigger would mesh the floor but it did the opposite). For me, making the cell size of the tiles smaller is what meshed the floor when it looks like what you're seeing. That is, *if* it works.

Currently we've been having issues with "lips on the wall" and mq2 nav not working when it touches them. Idk if ingame in velks there is a lip there or it's just flat floor... But if it's a lip it may not mesh it.

I tried loading mq2nav for the first time last night and I get an instant crash when I do /plugin mq2nav or when a character tries to load into the world. I'm running the regular EQ client and had updated my directx. This is a pretty new PC, and about the only things loaded on it are Windows, EQ, Steam, Origin, and some of the Nvidia/MSI software that were installed along side the hardware components. I've tried disabling anything else additional that's running and still no luck.

I was getting the same insta-crash on /plugin mq2nav and then subsequent loading characters due to the MacroQuest.ini file always loading mq2nav.

I fixed this by re-downloading and completely re-installing the redguides vanilla mq2. Not just hitting update on the updater, but re-downloading it and letting it re-install. This gets the mq2nav files and whatever updates mq2 needed to work with it. My mq2nav works perfectly now and I'm loving it. I think it was a bug after downloading the mq2nav latest but not having the updated mq2 files to go along with them.

Hey Brainiac, this is probably an easy one but is there a way to basically basically ignore MOBs that aren't on the mesh or something along those lines?

I'm working in Crypt of Sul and I kind of want to pull only in one direction (I'm having some issues with doors too, but that's another story). I've tried adding some volumes that are "not walkable" and also removing tiles. My puller does the backup and strafe stuck behavior, often returns to camp, and then goes back after the same MOB he can't get to. Also noticed a couple of times he broke through the "not walkable" volume and ended up stuck on the other side lol.

I was getting the same insta-crash on /plugin mq2nav and then subsequent loading characters due to the MacroQuest.ini file always loading mq2nav.

I fixed this by re-downloading and completely re-installing the redguides vanilla mq2. Not just hitting update on the updater, but re-downloading it and letting it re-install. This gets the mq2nav files and whatever updates mq2 needed to work with it. My mq2nav works perfectly now and I'm loving it. I think it was a bug after downloading the mq2nav latest but not having the updated mq2 files to go along with them.

That does it. Thanks.

Overshoot and other misc issues, oh and a request

First, Awesome job on the plugin!

1. Overshoot issue.
I have a quick hotkey to get all my toons to come to where I am while I crawl through dungeons.
Rich (BB code):
/bcg //targ tankname
/bcg //nav target
Works pretty good except quite frequently a couple of them will overshoot and then come back, sometimes overshooting far enough to get some agro in the processes.

2. Compatibility warning/issue/crash/etc. (mostly some of william12's scripts).
Some scripts out there load up the MQ2Naviagtion plugin or some other plugins, everything seems fine for a few min, then a couple instances of EQ will crash, reload them, a few min later a couple more will crash, etc. Not sure what the exact combanation of plugin's/mac's etc causes the issue, but removing the
Rich (BB code):
/plugin mq2navigation
and any other plugin loads from all the mac's, manually unloading MQ2Nav and MQ2advpath, then loading MQ2naviagain and then MQ2advpath, exit EQ, close MQ2, open MQ2, up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start then load EQ and it seems to work without random crashes. (sorry didn't save the debug logs, maybe later this week I can try consistently reproducing the crash, other variables include Autocleric on the cleric, and kissassist on other toons)

3. Feature request (or documentation request if it is already there)
Loading the mesh generator with a zone file as an arg will open the generator with the zone loaded. Would you add some command line options to the generator so that it will load the zone, generate the mesh, save the mesh and then exit? So something like this:
Rich (BB code):
MeshGenerator -s c:\eq\uberzone.zon -d c:\MQ2\release\ -save -exit
Using that, I can write a quick python script that will generate mesh's for all the zones (I have a bank of 20 test machines at work I can use when I'm not testing my code.) I can then place them in a google drive share for RG users.
(If I had more time and was familiar with the code I would add it myself, but I think it would be much quicker for you, Brainiac)

4. Feature request.
Scatter option. Something like if there is a toon within +/- ${x} units of destination, stop at a random location within ${y} units.

Would be cool if there was a "/nav anchor x y z" to stick a person in one location, for tanking. Especially if he stays close enough to the point to cast spells while getting hit.

Hmm, been using MQ2nav for some time now, but suddenly it will crash me when loading the plugin.

Is there anyway to fidn the output of the load? To see what errors?

I have tried deleting all Ini files, the content of MQ2nav folder and rebuild LCEA mesh to no luck.

Any idea why this won't load using current (March 10th) very vanilla compile? The dll is there, it just won't load.

Plugin 'mq2nav' could not be loaded.

- - - Updated - - -

No crashes, just won't load.

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back