• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread 1.3.1

RedCents
281¢
How would I go about removing meshed areas from a map (blue areas) where my puller gets stuck pulling. Also, if i remove the blue area around where he gets stuck will he avoid the area. Thank you for any help on this.

RedCents
643¢
Shift+left mouse will remove a mesh tile and it will not be used for pathing.

brainiac

RedCents
4,080¢
How would I go about removing meshed areas from a map (blue areas) where my puller gets stuck pulling. Also, if i remove the blue area around where he gets stuck will he avoid the area. Thank you for any help on this.
Shift+left mouse will remove a mesh tile and it will not be used for pathing.
Removing tiles isn't a good way to mark areas for avoiding pathing. Use the mark areas tool and actually MARK the areas on the mesh you don't want to path through. Its much better.

https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/wiki/Screenshots
down near the bottom

RedCents
281¢
Removing tiles isn't a good way to mark areas for avoiding pathing. Use the mark areas tool and actually MARK the areas on the mesh you don't want to path through. Its much better.

https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/wiki/Screenshots
down near the bottom
Is this something you do in game or in the mesh generator? I'm still not seeing how to do this from the link you provided. Thanks again.

brainiac

RedCents
4,080¢
Is this something you do in game or in the mesh generator? I'm still not seeing how to do this from the link you provided. Thanks again.
Its all through the mesh generator. Sorry for the lack of documentation. Use the mark areas tool to draw shapes on the ground to mark areas that you shouldn't path across

https://github.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/wiki/Screenshots#mq2nav-navmesh-area-types

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/brainiac/MQ2Nav/master/doc/screenshots/meshgen-areas.png
click create new, select the area type, click on the mesh to generate points, alt click to end and form a shape. experiment with it a little bit.

RedCents
643¢
So how do we get it to include a door or a wall edge in the pathing? For example, the neighborhood guild door in the guild lobby. Default settings and a path cannot be found to this door (using /nav door id 1 click). I added a marked area around the door and made it walkable but it still can't find the path. If i drop the radius way down it will find the path. Suggestions?

RedCents
4,080¢
So how do we get it to include a door or a wall edge in the pathing? For example, the neighborhood guild door in the guild lobby. Default settings and a path cannot be found to this door (using /nav door id 1 click). I added a marked area around the door and made it walkable but it still can't find the path. If i drop the radius way down it will find the path. Suggestions?
The door is too far from the mesh. In the nav ui (ingame) under Settings, change the polygon search extents to 5.0 50.0 5.0 and it should work.

The polygon search extends compute how far from the mesh it is willing to search for a path. Be careful setting this too high, as navigating near the edges of the mesh may become unreliable if the numbers are set too high. These are the X Y Z coordinates (Y is up/down)

RedCents
451¢
I still get reset device failed when I resize eq window with mq2nav loaded or when I /exit with it loaded. It only happens on this PC and I cant figure out why.

Gator

RedCents
350¢
I can't get the new katta in TDS to work with kissassist. It says error could not locate starting position or something like that.

RedCents
8,460¢
I still get reset device failed when I resize eq window with mq2nav loaded or when I /exit with it loaded. It only happens on this PC and I cant figure out why.
I get that too on two of my computers. I don't know why either. I tried updating direct X and that didn't fix the issue. I've tried everything except reinstalling MQ2 in all honesty. It will also happen when you try to run a program as admin, not just when you try and resize a window.

If you find a fix for it please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it!

Unrelated I also have an MQ2 nav question for Brainiac - How can I get it to mesh doors or how can I mark a door that it's not picking up? In Acrylia Caverns inside the castle there's giant gates that the plugin doesn't register as an object so it doesn't open them it just runs into them endlessly. I could avoid those rooms if I wanted too but I would like it to pull everything... if I could just get it to open the door!!

RedCents
451¢
I get that too on two of my computers. I don't know why either. I tried updating direct X and that didn't fix the issue. I've tried everything except reinstalling MQ2 in all honesty. It will also happen when you try to run a program as admin, not just when you try and resize a window.

If you find a fix for it please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it!

Unrelated I also have an MQ2 nav question for Brainiac - How can I get it to mesh doors or how can I mark a door that it's not picking up? In Acrylia Caverns inside the castle there's giant gates that the plugin doesn't register as an object so it doesn't open them it just runs into them endlessly. I could avoid those rooms if I wanted too but I would like it to pull everything... if I could just get it to open the door!!
I tried a new mq2 folder with nothing but default stuff + mq2nav still does it.

RedCents
281¢
After yesterdays patch, /nav ui doesnt pop up my nav window now. Do I have to update MQ2Nav? or reload something. MQ2Nav is still running and I can /nav reload and it works, just cant get the nav window. Thanks in advance.

RedCents
2,296¢
that happens once in a while for me too, just do a /plugin mq2nav unload and /plugin mq2nav

that fixes it for me.

i think it happens to me if i zone alot between zones where i have a mesh and not a mesh

RedCents
8,460¢
After yesterdays patch, /nav ui doesnt pop up my nav window now. Do I have to update MQ2Nav? or reload something. MQ2Nav is still running and I can /nav reload and it works, just cant get the nav window. Thanks in advance.
Sometimes the nav ui is active/up but it's invisible. If you mouse over the location it normally displays and your mouse icon changes from the EQ Icon to the desktop icon then your nav is bugged out.

I am unsure if reloading the mq2nav plugin fixes it but I too have had that issue

RedCents
2,296¢
Sometimes the nav ui is active/up but it's invisible. If you mouse over the location it normally displays and your mouse icon changes from the EQ Icon to the desktop icon then your nav is bugged out.

I am unsure if reloading the mq2nav plugin fixes it but I too have had that issue
unloading adn reloading the plugin fixes it.

Jensen

RedCents
915¢
So I can't seem to get it to save the mesh I just created? in the MQ2Nav folder theres alot of doors files, but no mesh?

RedCents
4,080¢
So I can't seem to get it to save the mesh I just created? in the MQ2Nav folder theres alot of doors files, but no mesh?
Your mesh generator probably isn't pointed at the right folder and so its saving mesh some place else. Check the settings in mesh generator and make sure you have the mq2 folder selected.

Jensen

RedCents
915¢
Did many times, its pointed to the release folder, run it in admin mode but it wont save anything

- - - Updated - - -

SO I think I know what the problem is, my windows user account contains danish letters which I dont think it can cope with?
Under users it created a different folder with corrupted letters and in that is the files... Guess I can just copy them for now

RedCents
643¢
Would it be possible to get an actual distance TLO based on the mesh path?

Maskoi

So old and salty he grew scales
RedCents
67,538¢
This might help ${Navigation.PathLength[x y z]}

Rich (BB code):
${Navigation.PathLength[${Spawn[${PullMob}].X} ${Spawn[${PullMob}].Y} ${Spawn[${PullMob}].Z}]}

RedCents
451¢
${Navigation.PathLength[id ${Target.ID}]} if you have something on target works.

I use ${Navigation.PathLength[id ${Spawn[${PVPullMob}].ID}]} in kiss

RedCents
393¢
So Im just getting into using this, and it's Incredible. I meshed the zone, and kiss assist pulls great. The only problem im having is no matter what I turn my Pull radius down too he pulls at a distance of 180. In the area Im in that means he's pulling a room where there are a Butt Ton load of mobs and it kills the group.
Someone able to talk me through how to either A. Set a specific pull path B. Lower the Radius Or C. Set my SK up to FD pull? Not sure if any or all of these are possible but if someone could direct me where to learn this or even just help me out here that would be great. Thanks so much Great project! Thanks Braniac!

nyghteyes

What is a macro??
RedCents
1,591¢
I know, old topic, but it seems innerspace still doesn't like the NAV UI. Can this be assigned just to a specific window? Dont really need the UI on every window, just the puller, or just the active window?

RedCents
5,189¢
I know, old topic, but it seems innerspace still doesn't like the NAV UI. Can this be assigned just to a specific window? Dont really need the UI on every window, just the puller, or just the active window?
I was wondering about this recently because I had to move my normal camp location(s) due to another couple of AFK farm groups moving into my camp spot. The new location I chose has some Z-axis changes that make line of sight pulling (which is all I usually do these days) much more difficult. I use ISBoxer exclusively, so really I'd need it to work with that, but I guess I can try loading separately, if that's necessary.

nyghteyes

What is a macro??
RedCents
1,591¢
Ok, so I can get this to repeat on my puller which works for my needs atm. On the puller unload the plugin and reload the plugin and the nav ui will work on that toon until, camp/re-log ect. It will only work on the 1 window at a time.

RedCents
37¢
hey guys lovely plugin here!

quick question when using with KA. im pulling mobs in some tight tunnels and the movement is fine, is it meant to be pulling the closest mob in the KA radius or the first mob it runs into in a tunnel ? im finding it runs past 3 - 5 - 10 mobs to get to a mob that is 'closer' in a room next to where my camp is?

love the work guys

RedCents
8,460¢
Reset Device Failed () error just got a lot worse with yesterday's patch and MQ2Nav.

Before I had to load a program in order to get the crash to happen, now the crash happens randomly without explanation when I have MQ2nav loaded. It's honestly as of now completely unusable.

william12 made a post earlier in the thread about it as well - so I know I am not the only one with an issue. If I unload MQ2Nav the issue is fixed so I can say with absolute certainty that the issue originates in MQ2 Nav

Last edited:
RedCents
643¢
This isn't working currently. It says in red Invalid nav destination: x y z
If I try to /nav to that loc it works, no issues.
If I put another character on the intended spot and try ${Navigation.PathLength[id ${Target.ID}]} works

This might help ${Navigation.PathLength[x y z]}

Rich (BB code):
${Navigation.PathLength[${Spawn[${PullMob}].X} ${Spawn[${PullMob}].Y} ${Spawn[${PullMob}].Z}]}

Maskoi

So old and salty he grew scales
RedCents
67,538¢
I forgot the locxyz
This might help ${Navigation.PathLength[locxyz x y z]}
Rich (BB code):
${Navigation.PathLength[locxyz ${Spawn[${PullMob}].X} ${Spawn[${PullMob}].Y} ${Spawn[${PullMob}].FloorZ}]}

drush88

RedCents
18¢
I know i'm late to the party... I have looked through this thread for info and i think i know my problem but i still cant fix it. If i try to load the plugin it crashes what ever screen i load it in. After trying to load it in game and crashing, when i try to log back in it crashes after the character select screen until I remove Nav from my mq2 folder.
Is it my directX version? Issue with isboxer?
I am using windows 7 if that helps any..

- - - Updated - - -

The thing that pisses me off the most is i can load it just fine on my laptop and it is the best plugin!

RedCents
11,498¢
OK. Maybe I missed it, but I was trying to use this for a camp underwater. It works fine when trying to get you back to your x y location, but using /nav locyxz in the water will not swim you to your y x z location, but the x and y location are the only thing being considered. In other words. It won't move/swim down.

RedCents
451¢
OK. Maybe I missed it, but I was trying to use this for a camp underwater. It works fine when trying to get you back to your x y location, but using /nav locyxz in the water will not swim you to your y x z location, but the x and y location are the only thing being considered. In other words. It won't move/swim down.
what zone ? Did old world zones even use Z ?

RedCents
9,276¢
I wound up just turning off lev and lev related buffs in the ini files to do a camp in Katta Deluge. That worked, otherwise the toons slowly floated up and missing their nukes.

RedCents
11,498¢
I did the same thing, the problem is the puller will never correct their Z access level and gradually end up to far up from the bottom..

RedCents
11,498¢
OK I got everything worked out except for MQ2Nav ignores the Z access when swimming back to a x,y,z location. Would be nice if the puller would return at the same level as the z access used in the /nav locxyz ${CampXLoc} ${CampYLoc} ${CampZLoc} when in the warter.

RedCents
11,498¢
What would it take to have the underwater movement issue fixed?

This is what worked for me.
Changed this:
Rich (BB code):
651 	if (pSpawn->UnderWater == 5 || pSpawn->FeetWet == 5) 
652 	{ 
653 		FLOAT distance = (FLOAT)GetDistance(pSpawn->X, pSpawn->Y, pos.x, pos.y); 
654 		pSpawn->CameraAngle = (FLOAT)(atan2(pos.z - pSpawn->FloorHeight, distance) * 256.0f / PI); 
655   }
To This:

Rich (BB code):
	if (pSpawn->UnderWater == 5 || pSpawn->FeetWet == 5)
	{
		FLOAT distance = (FLOAT)GetDistance3D(pSpawn->Y, pSpawn->X, pSpawn->Z, pos.y, pos.x, pos.z);
		pSpawn->CameraAngle = (FLOAT)(atan2(pos.z - pSpawn->Z, distance) * 256.0f / PI);
	}
I used MQ2MoveUtils logic/code to figure out how it was being done.

RedCents
1,281¢
When moving this is sometimes quite jerky at the intersections of mesh points. I can only imagine that if someone uses Cast Sight on you that it would look quite bot-like. Is there a way that direction shifts can be smoothed slightly?