• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - MQ2Nav - Mesh for "crystalshard" (Rain of Fear version Crystal Caverns) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
663¢
Hello all,

Does anyone have a solid mesh for this zone? I can't path from the EW zone in to the city area. It's broken somewhere and I can't find it on my mesh (/nav ui, show mesh) to drop waypoints around it. I also generally hate moving around this zone as well, so that doesn't help.

RedCents
663¢
1616618316126.png

There are some small areas like this which are broken because of a stupid rock. I know very little about the mesh generator, is there a best way to tackle problems like this?

RedCents
663¢
Yeah, so I've been doing walkable areas. Also changed actor radius from 2.0 to 1.8 to widen some of the paths. I did a lot of connectors, especially around the bridge area, and after rebuilding / saving / reloading was able to path to one of the EW zones from the city. SUCCESS!

RedCents
663¢
I did a thing! It works pretty well now!
Those damn 3-inch steps were a serious problem. And there's a rock formation which could be improved because guys get stuck going one direction of it (strafing 2 feet to the left fixes it)

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)