• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • Hail Guest, RedGuides is proud to announce the official release of MacroQuest, which we're now using as the base for Very Vanilla. Join the release party!
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2Melee Vs Class Plugins vs ? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
210¢
Currently, I am running necromancer, rogue, berserker, enchanter and wife plays healer.

Currently, the rogue and berserker dps is extremely low using MQ2Melee.

Questions:
1. Has anyone swapped from MQ2Melee to the MQ2Berserker and/or MQ2Rogue?
2. How did the DPS differ, if so?
3. Last commit was March 2021, is MQ2Melee still evolving?
4. Does MQ2Berserker / MQ2Rogue with mq2next?
5. Will ChatWithThisName give it to me for free, at least for a trial run, because I am such an awesome guy?

Request:
For MQ2Melee, documentation on configuring specific classes in outdated and sparse (and not in the actual git repo). If MQ2Melee is still in evolving, can we add some info to include class-specific ini configs, either in the git wiki or documented in the README?

Solution
Currently, I am running necromancer, rogue, berserker, enchanter and wife plays healer.

Questions:
5. Will ChatWithThisName give it to me for free, at least for a trial run, because I am such an awesome guy?

Request:
For MQ2Melee, documentation on configuring specific classes in outdated and sparse (and not in the actual git repo). If MQ2Melee is still in evolving, can we add some info to include class-specific ini configs, either in the...
RedCents
1,099¢

Questions:

Request:
For MQ2Melee, documentation on configuring specific classes in outdated and sparse (and not in the actual git repo). If MQ2Melee is still in evolving, can we add some info to include class-specific ini configs, either in the git wiki or documented in the README?
1. Yes it’s much better than just melee
2. Drastically better with cwtn
3. Not sure
4. Yes they work with next
5. You can /testcopy and play there for free

RedCents
1,476¢
the CWTN family is an awesome general use, plug and play solution. I use all but the monk one (no monks) and am incredibly happy with them. I will pause them for certaint things, because they are plug and play, if your trying to race orcs on pogo sticks, while mezzing griffins, its not gonna be great.

That being said, you say your running MQ2Melee.. if thats ALL your running, but cost is a consideration, check out KissAssist, RGMerc, MAUI, or XGen. all free and for the most part HIGHLY customizable automation solutions. :)

Last edited:
RedCents
697¢

Questions:

Request:
Hey!
Try RGmercs

Solution
RedCents
149¢
Questions:
1. Yes for both
2. Higher DPS, faster response time, easy to control
3. No idea
4. Yes
5. Nope, but that's not my call so I really can't say.

We run all of CWTN's plugins on all available classes for every member of our guild. They are easy to control and that is critical when raiding. It just works right out of the box. there is practically no maintenance that needs to be done by you ever. The only updates you have to keep up on are the clickies you want to add or remove. Which can be done in game with a command by holding the item on your cursor.

RedCents
210¢
Thanks all, i appreciate the feedback. I will look at RGMerc, and also consider using CWTN's stuff if that doesn't cut it.

The only hesitation i have is not the $, but i prefer to work with source code i can inspect and compile myself. But knowing CWTN plugins work with mqnext is helpful

Users who are viewing this thread