• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Map (1 Viewer)

I swapped over to MQNext from Live.I seem to have lost the ability to click the map and nav to it? Is there a command I need to type?
it is control+shift+click on your map

here are the "mental notes" i included in the migration guide

• mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
  • new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
  • new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
  • If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
  • /yes and /no are now aliases

Just in the last few days i have noticed that my maps no longer show mobs/locations. They still show collects and some other stuff but every mob is missing. It does not seem zone specific. I don't think I did anythign to my EQ map settings, and I know I didn't change any MQ2 commands. Any ideas?

Just in the last few days i have noticed that my maps no longer show mobs/locations. They still show collects and some other stuff but every mob is missing. It does not seem zone specific. I don't think I did anythign to my EQ map settings, and I know I didn't change any MQ2 commands. Any ideas?

you can /mqsettings and go to plugins -> map and adjust your filters there.

or you can /mapfilter option to change your options

1642811430313.png

Last edited:
dumb question, height filter on?
second dumb question, do you have numerous windows open with text? I have noticed that too much text on screen will negatively affect whats shown on the map.

So I would much rather just use the normal in game map and use myseq as a seperate program, how do I remove all of the information MQ2 adds to the map like players and NPC spawns and so forth?

Hope they can fix the radius settings not saving in the ini. It was fine in old mq2 but in MQNext it just saves as 1. The ini setting was not supposed to be on/off flag, but a distance, and if the setting existed then the radius is on and set to that distance.

Ever since EQ went live with the 64 bit servers MQNext will crash whenever I hit "m" for my map. MQNext is loaded to C:\MQNext. I only run Kissassist. Any ideas how resolve this?

Ever since EQ went live with the 64 bit servers MQNext will crash whenever I hit "m" for my map. MQNext is loaded to C:\MQNext. I only run Kissassist. Any ideas how resolve this?
I figured it out. For some reason "backspace" was primary map key, and "m" was secondary. Guess they were fighting over the map. setting M as primary and secondary key corrected the issue.

Good afternoon. I posted a few days about maps causing crashing and thought I figured it out, I did not. It is indeed related to bringing up the ingame map and happens no matter what key I bind it to. The only macro I run is Kissassist, nothing else. I only run a few of the plugins that come with MQNext.

This only started once EQ transitioned to 64bit.

I noticed my other thread turned nasty for some reason, please let's not have that happen again.

OK I am having the same problem with not being able to see the NPCs on my map after the patch yesterday. I read Sic's post and I did the same thing:
1. Make sure map is set right. Base 1,2 and 3 all checked. Normally NPCs are missing cause I clicked 2 off some how.
2. Make sure mapfilter settings have NPCs set to show. I did it via command and then saw the new way with clicking EQ>Settings>mapfilter and making sure NPC was checked.
3. I deleted MQ2mapfilter and reinstalled.
4. Checked 1 and 2 again

I still have no dots:

Is there a new flag setting for NPCs that you can kill vs vendors and quest NPCs. Cause when I goto PoK I can see all the vendors and such. But some of the NPCs like merc vendors I can not. Then when I zone into a combat map I do not see any of the killable NPCs on the map only Quest ones.

Any ideas?

OK I figured it out.....My mapfilter ini had both NPC=1 and NAMED=1. It is either or so once I changed the NAMED=0 and toggled my named hotkey in game I got my NPC dots back. Some how NAMED=1 got added into my ini.

Last edited:
Npcs and Named Npcs do not show on map. Also can I add something to show Named Npcs corpses at a different color? this is the ini file have tried changing settings to no avail also went intyo Lua and tried changing settings also no avail.
[Map Filters]
NPC=1
PC=1
Target=1
NPCConColor=1
Chest=1
Trap=1
Ground=1
Trigger=1
Pet=1
All=1
TargetLine=1
PCConColor=1
Corpse=1
NormalLabels=1
Group=1
Menu=1
Timer=1
Untargetable=1
Mount=0
Banner=0
PCCorpse=1
Object=1
NPCCorpse=1
Mercenary=1
Ground-Color=16711935
CastRadius=1
CastRadius-Color=1696025
SpellRadius-Color=1645025
PullRadius-Color=16776960
CampRadius-Color=16718105
SpellRadius=1
PullRadius=1
CampRadius=1
TargetRadius=0
Aura=0
Campfire=0
Custom=1
Named=1
this is my current settings.

you have custom turned on , i think you'd need to have that set to show named and such in your custom

Npcs and Named Npcs do not show on map. Also can I add something to show Named Npcs corpses at a different color? this is the ini file have tried changing settings to no avail also went intyo Lua and tried changing settings also no avail.
[Map Filters]
NPC=1
PC=1
Target=1
NPCConColor=1
Chest=1
Trap=1
Ground=1
Trigger=1
Pet=1
All=1
TargetLine=1
PCConColor=1
Corpse=1
NormalLabels=1
Group=1
Menu=1
Timer=1
Untargetable=1
Mount=0
Banner=0
PCCorpse=1
Object=1
NPCCorpse=1
Mercenary=1
Ground-Color=16711935
CastRadius=1
CastRadius-Color=1696025
SpellRadius-Color=1645025
PullRadius-Color=16776960
CampRadius-Color=16718105
SpellRadius=1
PullRadius=1
CampRadius=1
TargetRadius=0
Aura=0
Campfire=0
Custom=1
Named=1

There are no obvious issues with your config, I loaded it up and tested. My guess is that you're using a map layer that you've disabled. You can either try turning on all map layers (open the map, make sure BASE, 1, 2, and 3 and seleted) or try changing MQ2Map's active layer.

If you'd like to change colors you can use /mapfilter, although the GUI via /mqsettings is much easier.

Named now show on map but reg npcs and their corpses do not. sorry about the message earlier thought I had this thread opened when I replied.

I have a brand new computer, so I installed redguide on it, fresh today. I started one eq account , and then started vanilla. I then opened my map, and smiled at all the little dots showing the mobs in zone. I then started a second eq account, but there were no dots in the map. I shut everything down, and restarted my computer. I started that second account first, without starting that first account, and then vanilla. Still no dots. Obviously my two eq accounts are using the same eq software. What am I missing?

Check your eq map UI settings for what is visible
that was actually it. 2 and 3, under "base" were unchecked. I don't mess with map settings, because I don't understand them, and I must have unchecked them by mistake. This reminds me of the time I accidently put my Chevy Tahoe into 4wd-lo setting, and didn't understand why I was having such difficulty at high speeds. The mechanic at Jiffy Lube figured it out.

I tried to use /mapfilter named to toggle regular mobs, in some zone it will work, the regular mobs disappeared and only named on the map, but in some zone, the regular mob won't disappear from map. Is that any option I have to check??

I tried to use /mapfilter named to toggle regular mobs, in some zone it will work, the regular mobs disappeared and only named on the map, but in some zone, the regular mob won't disappear from map. Is that any option I have to check??
Named is often wrong in how it checks for named mobs. In the zones where they appear the most likely answer is that it thinks they are named.

Use something like kaen’s Hunter HUD or MQ2SpawnMaster instead.

Seems like I now have to do things like "/mapfilter named 1" or "/mapfilter named 0" instead of just "/mapfilter named" being a toggle between the 2 states. If that has changed, please change it back. Having to make 2 hot keys to toggle something is annoying. Of course, maybe something's changed on my end, but I am not seeing it if it has.

Last edited:
I have to admit I've been fighting the same thing since the last patch. I have 5 map hotkeys I use always to toggle. It'll be a full bar now.

I'll continue to try and get used to the new scheme but a few questions:

What was the intent? The patch notes stated "radius", which I could see maybe making sense (Show me all NPC within 100 feet). But it is just a 0/1.
/mapfilter will now store Radius values instead of toggle information

Additionally, what is the syntax for Custom now. I haven't been able to figure it out

I hope the changes to mapfilter npc get reverted, having to type a 0 or 1 at the end was a surprise. What was the reason on the change?

so i had same issue - i found i needed to enable the labels again

go to /mqsettings -> plugins -> map - enable MQ2maplables

my enable button wasnt checked and under labels the npc box was unchecked

maybe it was just be being braindead on a monday who knows

also before i toggled them with with social keys - after i hide them i have to go back in to /mqsettings and toggle them that way
the
/mapfilter npc show - no longer works for me

Last edited:
in the mqsetting's you can uncheck ground spawns this also includes the collections orbs i was wondering if the collection orbs could be put on there own check in mqsetting's so we could turn off the ground spawns but the orbs would still be shown as when i am looking for orbs in some zones where there are a lot of quest items on the ground it makes it a bit harder to find the orbs

as we discussed, i don't think it is a particularly good idea - they're all ground spawns

(but thank you for posting here, just because i don't think something is a good idea doesn't mean that it isn't and your voice is valued)

have you looked into mq2groundspawns ? that thing you can add glowing globes and it'll just go get them for you

without testing, i wonder if you can do a custom mapfilter to just show glowing globes for the purpose you mention

The MQ2Map plugin can improvise your gaming map by hiding/showing as well as highlighting the map items in different colors, so that you can see all the players, mounts, timers, spawns, and many other things in the games very clearly.

I just subscribed and installed Vanilla and maps. I've got MQ and MQ2nav showing up in EQ, but I don't know or see how to turn on map features? I'd like to be able to see named mobs, placeholders and other PCs. any advice or guidance is appreciated.

Plugin - MQ2Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Back