• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Map (1 Viewer)

I was watching Sic's vid of him doing the OMM Missions and on his corpse run he was just clicking in the map and Character was naving to that spot. What is the plugin that allows that?

So when i open my Map it shows me every mob that is alive is there a way to filter this to where it would only show me named mobs that are up ?

iirc.... i think the answer is yes, but youll need to filter what NPCs are displayed on the map. the # should be able to filter named mobs (although, depending on where you go, thats not always the same, eq is only consistent in its inconsistency). check out mq2map page and run thru the commands and discussion and im sure youll find it!

So when i open my Map it shows me every mob that is alive is there a way to filter this to where it would only show me named mobs that are up ?
yes, check the overview page or commands page for commands, then turn off "npc"
/mapfilter npc hide
/mapfilter named show

Anyone having extreme freezing in certain zones with this plugin since the patch? Plane of Knowledge seems to make MQ2map go haywire I've had to turn it off.

Edit: Looks like for some zones like PoK it has 100+ zone connections to the same zone (Innothule Swamp) now lol.

Last edited:
I am having a problem with most npc's not showing on the map. If I target a mob, it shows it. It also shows things like quest mobs. Just the general mobs in zone are not shown. Always worked for me before. I toggled /mapfilter npc on and off a few times to no avail. Also, checked to see if my bases and labels were on. Any ideas?

perhaps /mapfilter named
or /mapfilter custom

/mapfilter custom would show whatever custom spawnsearch data you input until you send a /mapfilter custom again to clear it.
/mapfilter named would hide most "normal" npcs, and likely only show quest mobs, or things MQ2 believes is probably a named mob.

This is only the case for one of my alts, the map on all the others work perfectly fine. A few days ago my map, on one toon, stopped showing all the people, mobs, NPCS on the map. Now they show up as various colored dots and I have to hold my mouse over them in order to see who/what they are. Any idea how this happened and how I can go about fixing it?

This is only the case for one of my alts, the map on all the others work perfectly fine. A few days ago my map, on one toon, stopped showing all the people, mobs, NPCS on the map. Now they show up as various colored dots and I have to hold my mouse over them in order to see who/what they are. Any idea how this happened and how I can go about fixing it?
did you un-check "Labels" on your map?
1632006625266.png

Does this also include the map layouts as a default? The install that I have was missing some of the lower level zone basis which was difficult to follow

Does this also include the map layouts as a default? The install that I have was missing some of the lower level zone basis which was difficult to follow
this is just putting spawn information on your map - if you're looking for game zone maps outside of the default ones that eq has, then you would maybe try Good's or brewall's

How are you guys using maps in a way that is making your life easier? I'm looking for some ideas to make my usage better.

How I used to do it with MQ2:
Set up /mapfilter to show ground, name, targets, etc, but not npcs.
Use /mapshow to show things I am specifically looking for, and they would show on the map cumulatively. For example /mapshow spider and /mapshow snake would show both spiders and snakes. Then a /mapshow reset to go back to my /mapfilter settings. In some instances, I'd use /mapshow npc to see all the npcs, but then I could reset back to my normal settings if it was too busy for me.

Current usage with Next:
There is a bug with Next that is currently being worked (https://gitlab.com/macroquest/next/mqnext/-/issues/225) that I think may get me back to that, but I'm currently using /mapfilter custom spider to get what I want. It's a bit different but it's okay. If I am looking for spiders and snakes, I can set up an alert list and /mapfilter that, but it's a little more cumbersome.

What are you guys doing when you need to see special targets on the map?

Links for reference:

p.s. - Next has been great, thanks to the devs!

Hi,

I was wondering if I could ask if you could help me make this work; clicking on a map or spawn, and then move to that location.

I can't figure out how to make this work; is it some combination of /mapclick [ list | keycombo | clear ] command and moveto?

(also: I can't seem to target NPCs or spawns in general on the map, just by clicking it)

Hi,

I was wondering if I could ask if you could help me make this work; clicking on a map or spawn, and then move to that location.

I can't figure out how to make this work; is it some combination of /mapclick [ list | keycombo | clear ] command and moveto?

(also: I can't seem to target NPCs or spawns in general on the map, just by clicking it)
Ctrl+shift and click the spot on the map to move to that location

right click the mob in the map to target it

So I installed RGMercs the other day, and today I noticed that the maps no longer show players, mobs, etc. Has anyone seen this before, and know if it an RGMercs issue, or just an odd maps issue that coincided with me installing RGMercs? I got really spoiled to seeing where the mobs were on the map...

Any help greatly appreciated!

So I installed RGMercs the other day, and today I noticed that the maps no longer show players, mobs, etc. Has anyone seen this before, and know if it an RGMercs issue, or just an odd maps issue that coincided with me installing RGMercs? I got really spoiled to seeing where the mobs were on the map...

I have never had that issue with rgmercs. Am thinking it is a coincidence. I can't see mq2map getting accidently unloaded but of course you can check your plugins and see if it is there and in use. Is possible maybe mapfilter got messed up. I have accidently filtered out things before. Hope you can get it resolved soon. I know the map is one of the best parts of mq.

I would check:

1. you have mq2map loaded
- /plugin mq2map load
2. you have yoru filters turned on how you would expect
- also obligatory "you should use mq next" as you can quickly and easily see what settings you have turned on. > HERE <
1637653978318.png
3. you have the appropriate layer displayed on your map
you need that layer 2 selected
1637653891895.png

I would check:

1. you have mq2map loaded
- /plugin mq2map load
2. you have yoru filters turned on how you would expect
- also obligatory "you should use mq next" as you can quickly and easily see what settings you have turned on. > HERE <
View attachment 35146
3. you have the appropriate layer displayed on your map
you need that layer 2 selected
View attachment 35145
Uninstall / Reinstall fixed the map issue... will reload RGMercs next. Thank you for the suggestions! Will migrate to Next before I get other stuff set up though.

Curious.. I have a similar issue in that ONLY the zone connection labels are missing (have been ever since I started using MQ2) all other labels are there as usual. Is this normal, or is there a simple fix for it?
those labels are your map pack i believe, so check your visible layers and check your map pack that you have loaded

@Sic thanks, for the life of me I couldn't figure out why spawns weren't showing. I kept going back to the Overview and Commands page, seeing if I missed something.. turns out, layer 2 was turned off (no idea how or why). But stuff shows now.

need to get back default setting in mapfilter. and what are hunter named and placeholders listed as?
the commands page has a list of all the different filter options. you'll want to determine what you want shown, and then set that up

if you were on MacroQuest "Next" you could also access the menu in the /mqsettings -> plugins -> Map
which is much easier to manage

1638372579887.png

I would suggest moving to Next soon

> Here < is a guide

yup.

i moved your mq2map question to the mq2map thread :)

you would turn off ground filters >>> Commands here <<<

or if you're not slumming it in mq2 and using the fresh and fancy mq "next"
you can adjust here:
in the /mqsettings -> plugins -> map
View attachment 36268
awesome !! thank you sic ! i used the "/mapfilter Ground hide" it worked !

i dont know how to get to the windows you showed in your answer , maybe you can tell me how do i open that MQ settings windows also :) for next time

awesome !! thank you sic ! i used the "/mapfilter Ground hide" it worked !

i dont know how to get to the windows you showed in your answer , maybe you can tell me how do i open that MQ settings windows also :) for next time
if you're using next, you can do what i mentioned

in the /mqsettings -> plugins -> map

type "/mqsettings" then go to the part that says "plugins" then the part that says "map"

you can also quick on your EQ button

1640556865828.png
and go to macroquset->Settings
1640556853591.png

I swapped over to MQNext from Live.I seem to have lost the ability to click the map and nav to it? Is there a command I need to type?

Plugin - MQ2Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Back