• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Map (2 Viewers)

Teichou

RedGuides OG
RedCents
1,501¢
MQ2Map - This plugin provides additional functionality to the in game map.

/mapfilter help|option [show|hide] [color R# G# B#][/SIZE]
/mapfilter help - will show all current settings.
/Mapfilter show or /mapfilter hide

Pro-tip:

Mapfilter Options
All Shows/hides all map items that have already been set to "show".
Aura Show/hide auras.
Banner Show/hide guild banner.
Campfire Show/hide campfire.
CastRadius # Show a cast radius circle around your own spawn on the map. Set to "hide" or "0" to disable.
Chest Show/hide chests.
Corpse Master toggle to show/hide all corpses (PC and NPC).
Custom searchfilter Set a custom filter, which can contain any filtering arguments from the Spawn Search page.
Group Whether group members should be listed in another color.
Ground Show/hide ground spawns.
Merceneary Show/hide mercenaries.
Menu Enable or disable the right-click context menu
Mount Show/hide mounts.
Named Displays only 'named' NPCs, other NPCs are filtered out (not perfect).
NormalLabels Toggles normal EQ (non-MQ2) label display.
NPC Show/hide all NPCs.
NPCConColor Whether the dots on the map should be the same as the NPCs con colors.
NPCCorpse Show/hide NPC corpses.
Object Show/hide destructible objects (as were implemented in Prophecy of Ro expansion), like catapults, tents, practice dummies, etc.
PC Show/hide all Player Characters.
PCConColor Whether the dots on the map should be the same as the PCs con colors.
PCCorpse Show/hide Player corpses.
Pet Show/hide pets.
SpellRadius # Show another radius circle around your own spawn. Functions the same way as CastRadius.
Target Show your target in a different color.
TargetLine Draw a line between yourself and your target.
TargetMelee Draw a melee range circle around your target.
TargetRadius # Draw a radius of # around your target. Using "hide" or "0" will disable the TargetRadius circle.
Timer Show/hide timers.
Trigger Show/hide trigger locations.
Trap Show/hide traps.
Vector Display heading vectors.
Untargettable Show/hide untargettable spawns.

Examples
Rich (BB code):
/mapfilter npc show
/mapfilter npc hide
/mapclick [ list | keycombo | clear ] command - Allows you to define custom commands to execute when right-clicking with a certain key combination on the in-game map.

List will show you the current mapclicks that have been defined.
Keycombo can be one or more of the following (multiple keys must be specified with +):
ctrl
lalt
ralt
shift
The default mapclicks are the following:

ctrl /maphide id %i Hides that spawn from the map
lalt /highlight id %i Highlights the clicked spawn

/mapnames [help] [ target|normal options ] - Sets how spawn names will be displayed on the MQ2 map, for your target or all other spawns.

Rich (BB code):
%n 	The default unique "name" of the target, like "a_coyote34"
%N 	The cleaned up name of the target, like "a coyote"
%h 	Current HP percentage
%i 	Spawn ID
%x 	X coordinate
%y 	Y coordinate
%z 	Z coordinate
%R 	Full race name (eg. Dwarf)
%r 	3-letter race code (eg. DWF)
%C 	Class full name (eg. Shaman)
%c 	3-letter class code (eg. SHM)
%l 	Level
%% 	"%" sign

Examples
/mapnames normal [%l %R %C] %N - %h%%

Will display all spawns in the following format:
[40 Human Banker] Banker Tawler - 100%
[70 Wood Elf Ranger] BillyBob - 100%

/highlight spawnname [color # # #] [reset]
Temporarily highlights spawnname on the in-game map
Color # # # can be used to specify an RGB value for the highlighted spawn(s)

Set map to defaults
Rich (BB code):
/mac map

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in plane of Hate trying to run the SK epic 1.5 pre-quest. All the mobs in the zone are this barely visible grey color. I did /mapfilter named show. So now the named are shown and the other npc's are not. But when I try to make the named mobs a different color so they stick out a little bit, nothing I try makes them any other color but that same grey.

/mapfilter named color 034 238 051 should make them a bright green color according to the rgb color charts I can find, but doesn't do anything.

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

AFAIK named isn't a regular filter, but a modifier on the npc filter, if you want to change color you need to change it for all npc, so that would be /mapfilter npc 034 238 051

maybe I'm missing the setup but it appears that most people have maps set to show dots for npc spawns, is there a way to set the following up with mq2map?

npc dots by /con color
label the named with the name
label the vendors / quest mobs / etc with their names.

I just noticed in my personal compile (Not RG's) that my mq2map wasn't displaying new spawns even with /mapfilter npc on. Did mule nerf the official mq2map? I've been using ShowEQ for so long on my second monitor I never really noticed, and honestly don't care. Just thought it was kind of strange and thought maybe my client is bugged.

Other than all the living mobs showing as lt blue and the dead ones as green.....my map is working fine....

<<Think I need to hunt a tougher zone?>>

I just noticed in my personal compile (Not RG's) that my mq2map wasn't displaying new spawns even with /mapfilter npc on. Did mule nerf the official mq2map? I've been using ShowEQ for so long on my second monitor I never really noticed, and honestly don't care. Just thought it was kind of strange and thought maybe my client is bugged.

Just on the slight off chance this happened: Did you accidentally turn Labels off? or Layers? (on the actual EQ map)

Mine's been working perfectly the past few nights.

Also, I keep seeing people talking about accidentally turning labels off on the map. Do you guys really play with labels on? It's so damn cluttered whenever I turn them on, I always turn them off and use the map more as a "radar" screen than anything. I can mouse-over the dots on the map and see the names. I don't know how people play with labels turned on. :P

Mine's been working perfectly the past few nights.

Also, I keep seeing people talking about accidentally turning labels off on the map. Do you guys really play with labels on? It's so damn cluttered whenever I turn them on, I always turn them off and use the map more as a "radar" screen than anything. I can mouse-over the dots on the map and see the names. I don't know how people play with labels turned on. :P

I use labels b/c I like to know exactly what type of mob I'm getting (for named PHs, CC, etc.). I don't play with the map completely zoomed out so it's not a HUGE clutter on my screen. If I'm traveling across a zone I toggle show npc off but otherwise... ON! lol

I accidentally turned labels off the other day (didn't know you could do that O.o) and was like... this is horrible!

it is possible to max out the amount of displayed text, and thus not "see" some on the ingame map. Run into this in heavily populated or large zones sometimes. If you hit Control+right click on a few mobs you don't care about around the map, you will remove them from the map, freeing up slots for want you want to see ( assuming you run into that) This is also helpful when you zoom in and want to monitor a section of the map that happens to have a cluster of things around what you are watching for (like a mess of none aggro quest mobs or merchants)

personally I run with NPC on, but displayed named only, when I am running around.... turn off the named only filter when I am at camp ( and zoom in to pull radius )

it is possible to max out the amount of displayed text, and thus not "see" some on the ingame map. Run into this in heavily populated or large zones sometimes. If you hit Control+right click on a few mobs you don't care about around the map, you will remove them from the map, freeing up slots for want you want to see ( assuming you run into that) This is also helpful when you zoom in and want to monitor a section of the map that happens to have a cluster of things around what you are watching for (like a mess of none aggro quest mobs or merchants)

personally I run with NPC on, but displayed named only, when I am running around.... turn off the named only filter when I am at camp ( and zoom in to pull radius )

Yes you can max out the mobs displayed. I was in a heavily populated zone with labels on and thus it wasn't showing current spawns. Not really a big deal as with a 2 monitor setup, you'd be a fool not to be running ShowEQ or the windows version of it by its side. It just does a far better job of displaying the map (full screen) with a good height filter and mobs, than MQ2Map ever can.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe that was my issue, the Zone was Chelsith Reborn. Which has a crap ton of NPCs

Hi,

Would it be possible to add 2 or 3 extra radius circles to the MQ2MAP plugin, could simply call them CustomRadius1 and CustomRadius2 and so forth. They should function just like spellradius or CastRadius.

I use radius for setting up camps, and seeing which mobs path through etc, and have used all the current ones. With the additional radiuses I can setup KissAssist to draw the radius of the MaxRadius set for the puller, and see which mobs is within target.

Hi,

Would it be possible to add 2 or 3 extra radius circles to the MQ2MAP plugin, could simply call them CustomRadius1 and CustomRadius2 and so forth. They should function just like spellradius or CastRadius.

I use radius for setting up camps, and seeing which mobs path through etc, and have used all the current ones. With the additional radiuses I can setup KissAssist to draw the radius of the MaxRadius set for the puller, and see which mobs is within target.

I would use this also

So i went ahead and made the changes myself.

I added 5 new circles named CustomRadius1 to 5.

@Maskoi, can it be added to the compile, if i post the changed files here?

We don't like to hack core MQ2 plugins. We like to keep it as close as possible to Vanilla.

Post the changes here and I will point it out to EQMule

I requested this and also coded it but gave up on the commit part on MQ2 forum.

I am pretty sure, that your problem is the MQ2Map.h file, as I ran into the same issue.

The problem is the line 43 in MQ2Map.H. For some reason the number 36 will not show the circle, but if you add an additional line 37 and onwards, and just put 36 to MAPFILTER_Ignore, it will work.

Perhaps i could have spent time looking further for the reason, but it's my own commit now and worksflawlessly.

I added 5 circles.

I never got that code. Redguides is not the proper channel to post code to as they rely on macroquest2.com for all their MQ2 stuff. You can send me working code that I can test.

If someone posts code here it's unlikely to be included and no chance at all if it's not ready for production, unless I have time for beta testing it.

I must be missing something. Using your code I still can't get it to show the circles. The options show in the help but still no circles. Recompiled everything, logged everyone out and copied over newest files too.

I see what you mean about #36. However if I do this
Rich (BB code):
#define MAPFILTER_Ignore         36
#define MAPFILTER_CustomRadius1  37
#define MAPFILTER_CustomRadius2  38
#define MAPFILTER_CustomRadius3  39
#define MAPFILTER_CustomRadius4  40
#define MAPFILTER_CustomRadius5  41

I lose both customradius1 and customradius2. Thoughts?

My apologize if this is posted in the wrong section, Im having issues with showing NPC's or mobs on my map only on one character. Ive downloaded/redownloaded all of MQ2 unloaded Mq2map etc.. and i still cant get any mobs to show on my guy. Ive tried /mapshow NPC. /mapshow reset. For some reason its only this one character that I cant get it to show mobs, the rest of my characters it will show mobs on the map. Any ideal on what i need to reset? Ive tried about everything that i know of.

Thanks,

Disregard, Base levels were all jacked up ive been putting up with this for about 4 weeks now. Disregard question.

Might have nothing to do with MQ2Maps, the actual map window in the game also can hide/show things (Layers Visable/Active 1 2 3). Have you checked the character if it's just deselected on the map window?

Plugin - MQ2Map

Users who are viewing this thread

• D
Back