• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Map (1 Viewer)

Yeah I got a message saying I posted in the wrong place. Attaching my question to the 5th page of a single post for MQ2Maps seems a bit non-intuitive. It turned out my issue was related to layers, I had turned off 2 somehow.

Yeah I got a message saying I posted in the wrong place. Attaching my question to the 5th page of a single post for MQ2Maps seems a bit non-intuitive. It turned out my issue was related to layers, I had turned off 2 somehow.
Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

allowing things to remain in the discussion thread for the resource that you're asking about allows everything to be nice and neat, folks can find it, people can chime in knowing what is being spoken about.

since you were asking mq2map question, you'd want to post in the mq2map discussion thread.

Hey guys! Kinda new Here, dont roast me too hard please!

Almost got my toons maxed and was planning a quiet camp to celebrate and grind it out tonight, but i cant see Mobs on my maps!

Ive tried /Mapfilter show and /mapfilter Show NPC, and alternated the active levels, but it's still now working. I also added a /reload in the mix, no cigar.

I searched the forums, and it seems like it may be an issue with the active 2 filter, but im not sure.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hey guys! Kinda new Here, dont roast me too hard please!

Almost got my toons maxed and was planning a quiet camp to celebrate and grind it out tonight, but i cant see Mobs on my maps!

Ive tried /Mapfilter show and /mapfilter Show NPC, and alternated the active levels, but it's still now working. I also added a /reload in the mix, no cigar.

I searched the forums, and it seems like it may be an issue with the active 2 filter, but im not sure.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
try some of the reset
/maphide reset
/mapshow reset

having issues as well. everything worked fine till last week. very new here and not sure where to start a post. about missing items on the maps.
Did you (or one of the tools you use) turn off map layers? that will cause stuff to be *gone*

Second, EQ button, MQ button, setting, MQ2Map, make sure you have your options properly set for what you want to see.

wasn't sure if posting on a older post was the right thing to do. so i didn't go into detail. up until a week ago everything was fine. now if i want to see named placement or zone out i have to turn mq2maps off then they look as they did when i downloaded them. turn it on and its gone even though then you see the mobs. however ground spawn are no longer there.
thanks for the reply.
Seems for some reason all filter defaulted to hide. Everything is back up. Thanks

Last edited:
I looked through the settings and I did not seem to find it, but I am asking never the less (perhaps someone has an other solution to my question). Is there any way of getting more than two circles around "myself" on the map? I have castradius and "somethingelse" radius. Then there is campradius but that seems to be around a fixed spot (where you set it), not around "me".

I looked through the settings and I did not seem to find it, but I am asking never the less (perhaps someone has an other solution to my question). Is there any way of getting more than two circles around "myself" on the map? I have castradius and "somethingelse" radius. Then there is campradius but that seems to be around a fixed spot (where you set it), not around "me".
There are the spellradius and pullradius circles you can set with the /mapf command.

ie: /mapf spellradius 150, /mapf pullradius 300

On one of my computers the map only shows names on it (brewalls and good maps). at times its a cool feature, other times its tough :D. base UI, nothing out of the norm, what am i missing?

i deleted your picture since there was a character name.

what is it exactly you're asking?

mq2map allows you to display things based on filters

if you go to /mqsettings -> plugins -> map

1711136870648.png

I remember there used to be a command for the mapfilter to only show spawns up to a certain radius, to prevent the object limit from kicking in for certain zones. Can anyone point me to that command? Thanks!

Wrong forum
Hi,

The map plugin for MQ randomly stopped working a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to get it going again. No longer tracks mobs on the map or displays colour appropriate level indication of mobs names.
I have tried reinstalling, refreshing injections and using:

1. /plugin mq2map
2. /mapfilter npc & /mapfilter pc
3. /mapfilter target show & /mapfilter targetline show

but nothing seems to work, I am playing on EQ1 Oak TLP and had no issues for 2 weeks or so with the plugin. Any idea what might have caused this or suggestions for getting it working again?

Hi,

The map plugin for MQ randomly stopped working a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to get it going again. No longer tracks mobs on the map or displays colour appropriate level indication of mobs names.

1. /plugin mq2map

but nothing seems to work, I am playing on EQ1 Oak TLP and had no issues for 2 weeks or so with the plugin. Any idea what might have caused this or suggestions for getting it working again?
(edit) unsupported server

Hmm.. oakwynd isn't a server that we support
I actually overlooked that portion of it at the bottom. That's correct, while MQ "works" if you force the injection, you're missing out on the protections provided by MQ.

MacroQuest does not work on Truebox servers
MacroQuest is designed to not work on Truebox servers. It will work on TLP servers, but not those designated as truebox.
The MQ devs have stated that a server that transitions from Truebox into "Relaxed Truebox" or entirely removed would get support added "sometime" after they become relaxed truebox or normal servers. There shouldn't be an expectation for when afterwards - and there likely won't be an announcement.

Hi,

1. /plugin mq2map

MQ is not supported on Truebox servers. If/When a server transitions into "relaxed truebox" or complete removal of truebox restrictions, MQ support would be added at *sometime* afterwards.

> Here is the link to the sticky <

Other tools such as MySEQ and IonBC are available for truebox servers.

Plugin - MQ2Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Back