• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2ItemDisplay (1 Viewer)

Currently on the Live servers there's additional information shown when you right click on an item, spell or buff but I don't see the same info on Test. Is that a function of the "new" UI and are there any plans to get that back on Test?

1687215093156.png

Attachments

• 1687215265232.png
    1687215265232.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 4
Bumping this. I'm assuming Test and Live both have the current new UI stuff and it's not a function of the UI i'm using. I don't think I have any other plugins running on the Live server so i'm not sure why the extra stuff is not showing up on Test.

Would it be possible to add an option to attempt to auto-size the item display window up to a user-defined maximum height/width to fit the description?
After tinkering around with the UI file + window inspector, I'm fairly convinced the display window size is computed when the window itself is opened by the client.

Having an issue after today's patch where spell info doesn't display on most buffs/spells, and if it does work it displays an incorrect spell.

Spell info on items appears to function as usual. I've never actually changed any settings, and everything is checked in the mqsettings.

I've tried reloading the plugin, reloading UI, relogging all toons. No joy.

Having an issue after today's patch where spell info doesn't display on most buffs/spells, and if it does work it displays an incorrect spell.

Spell info on items appears to function as usual. I've never actually changed any settings, and everything is checked in the mqsettings.

I've tried reloading the plugin, reloading UI, relogging all toons. No joy.

will look into it

Would it be possible to add an option to attempt to auto-size the item display window up to a user-defined maximum height/width to fit the description?
After tinkering around with the UI file + window inspector, I'm fairly convinced the display window size is computed when the window itself is opened by the client.
no, not really -- you are correct, eq has a lot of custom code for resizing the item display window, i don't want to touch it.

Here's a Lua script to do this if anyone else is bothered by it like me:
Lua:
local MAX_HEIGHT = 800
local mq = require('mq')
local idw_history = {}

function resize_wnd(wnd)
  local x = wnd.X()
  local y = wnd.Y()
  local width = wnd.Width()
  local height = wnd.Height()

local item_desc = wnd.Child('IDW_ItemDescription')
  local vscroll = item_desc.VScrollMax()

local new_height = math.min(height + vscroll, MAX_HEIGHT)

wnd.Move(x, y, width, new_height)
end

function poll()

for i=1,6 do
    local wnd = mq.TLO.DisplayItem(i).Window
    if wnd() == nil or not wnd.Open() then
      idw_history[i] = nil
      goto continue
    end

local wnd_name = wnd.Text()
    if idw_history[i] == wnd_name then
      goto continue
    end

idw_history[i] = wnd_name
    resize_wnd(wnd)

::continue::
  end
end

while true do
  mq.delay(100)
  poll()
end

I couldn't find any events or callbacks for windows opening/closing so it does polling.

havent done anything, always worked
Maybe we are talking about 2 different things? When you right click an item and bring up it's information then click the "Lucy" button, it takes you to the LUCY website and gives you the information about the item, quests, stats, etc.? I might be wrong, but I thought this was how it is supposed to function?

Maybe we are talking about 2 different things? When you right click an item and bring up it's information then click the "Lucy" button, it takes you to the LUCY website and gives you the information about the item, quests, stats, etc.? I might be wrong, but I thought this was how it is supposed to function?
That’s exactly what mine does.

Well I'm at a loss. I can't figure out why mine doesn't work.
Damn, I’m not in game rn (still christmasing) but, check in the Mqsettings console. Where the settings for say, map, item colour etc are. Is there one for this and does it have a tick box?

I really can’t remember, but there’s a tickle in my memory that there was something in there.

I have something in memory that you could do something to prevent the game from opening the eq website when exiting with a FTP char. Did you do that? maybe you blocket the possibility to open a website from EQ.

I have something in memory that you could do something to prevent the game from opening the eq website when exiting with a FTP char. Did you do that? maybe you blocket the possibility to open a website from EQ.
I think I did do that.. so it would stop spamming the Daybreak website 12 times on exit. Dang, I forgot what setting I changed to block it. I'll have to research it again. THANKS!

Plugin - MQ2ItemDisplay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back