• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2HUD (1 Viewer)

Is there a way to show large amounts of platinum to 3 or 4 decimal places in the hud?
The emu server i play on requires large amounts, i can use math calc to show to 2 decimal places, ( 1.00 ) billion but would like to display a little more accuratly. eg. ( 1.000 )
This is just to keep watch on how much any char has, and is easier to see than just using $(Me.Platinum} and as i believe the cap is 2 billion, before plat rolls over back to 0

Thank you for any assistance

even using Float, im still confused on what your trying to accomplish here... ${Me.Platinum} shows total carried plat on you. The other options for platinum are as follows.
1660346090678.png

Im guessing your adding all 3 up together and placing that number on the HUD. But you dont want it to show the huge number?

Yeah, I'm just trying to make easier to see at a glace what a char has in inventory to prevent rollover. ${Me.Platinum} gives everying, eg. 1785638645 platinum but not easy to read quickly
Using math calc, with the above example i can get the display to show as 1.79 in billions so it rounds up or down to the nearest 10million which is ok if best it will do.
I just would like show an extra decimal place, eg. 1.786 if possible so it shows to the nearest 1 million. If that makes sence, :)

I know its an odd request, just this server uses ludicrous amounts of plat, and looking to see quick what a char has on him - 1.78 billion, or 178 million

Would someone be willing to help me out with the syntax for Extended Targets?

I am trying to use MQ2Hud to display each of the Xtar's target's name (TOTT) and class (TOTC). For example, for my own single target I have "TOTT=3,1350,580,255,255,0,${Me.TargetOfTarget} | ${Me.TargetOfTarget.Class}", which shows me the name/class of who my target is attacking. I want the same for each of the XTAR's.

So far, I am playing with the following:

XT1=3,765,500,0,255,0,XT1 - ${Me.XTarget[1].Name} | ${Me.XTarget[1].Class}
XT2=3,765,512,0,255,0,XT2 - ${Me.XTarget[2].Name} | ${Me.XTarget[2].Class}
XT3=3,765,524,0,255,0,XT3 - ${Me.XTarget[3].Name} | ${Me.XTarget[3].Class}
etc...

This will give me the Xtar name and class... but I want it to display that mobs target's name and mobs target's class.

${Me.XTarget[1].TargetOfTarget} | ${Me.XTarget[1].TargetOfTarget.Class} offers a NULL value.

${Me.XTarget[1].AggroHolder} also offers a NULL value.

What would the correct syntax be?

Last edited:
My inquiry above is possible right? all extended targets on aggro have a TargetOfTarget. I would imagine it's doable.

Does anyone have a link to a wiki or other examples where I can study to learn how to write the syntax for this? I think I've read through everything and not seeing anything that helps. What I have tried isn't working, and I am not sure where to look beyond what I've already read. I could just be dumb.

you can't get something else's target of target like that. targetoftarget is only valid for me

you can't get something else's target of target like that. targetoftarget is only valid for me
Okay, thanks. I won't go chasing phantoms then.

This would be a valuable tool for tanks to help quickly pickup un-tanked adds on raids, if it were ever possible.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks. I won't go chasing a phantoms then.

This would be a valuable tool for tanks to help quickly pickup un-tanked adds on raids, if it were ever be possible.
it isn't information that eq makes available to the client

For the x and y coordinates of the HUDs, it seems x=0 is the left most edge of the EQ /viewport which is 100% working as expected.
However I don't understand the math behind the Y coordinate yet. What I do know is that in order to get MY hud at the top of the screen I have to use -440, which is odd because the HUDs i've seen posted here have positive numbers for Y. When I set y=0, the HUD is centered approximately at the middle of the game client window, regardless of viewport. Is everyone else's 0,0 the top left corner?

Thanks.

Even when I do /hud normal, the hud is still behind the UI and cannot figure out how to remedy this. Am I missing something?

Plugin - MQ2HUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back