• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Plugin - MQ2EQWire [Deleted] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for awhile now the stability of the RG vv has been quite unstable or so I thought, my clients were crashing without ever producing an error code, they would just lock up and I would have to end task on them. would be a random thing. and then last night i found the cause..... EqWire you bastid. I know its not much to go on, it doesnt produce an error code just freezes up, I have been running without error for 18 hours now. its a record cuz usually one of the toons locks up within an hour or so. its all random but never longer than a few hours before it freezes. an i'm talkin 6 toons frozen an dead .
I'll update if I have any crashes.
Update: it's now 7:30 pm an not a single crash. will continue to update. at midnight i will run the eqwire plugin an see how long before a crash occurs. as a side note, i always update plugins every patch.
Update: ok fell asleep, but woke up around noon, ran eqwire on all 6 ran smoothe till just now had 4 of the 6 crash, an i jus mean they froze produces no error they lock up.
Update: so we'll give trhe first crash a ?, because there was an update, restarted pc updated here we go again. all 6 have eqwire on. setting timer.
took 5 min but least it kicked off an error View attachment 22129 That was my sk crashing using mq2eskay.

Any fix for this yet? I'm on live with 3 groups going. Getting mostly enchanter crashes.

I was noticing some lag in the last couple weeks on my second box running 11 toons. Noticed the memory usage was over 1000 mb per toon. I use to run the same amount of toons on half of that memory. So after messing with everything and realizing that everything was already set at the lowest levels I decided to purchase the mq2eqwire and give it ago. I will say it did drop my memory usage down from 80% to 70%. Just wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing high memory usage lately. Attached before and after. Thanks.

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 32
  • after.png
    after.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 32
Here is the main box, Identical computers. Before and after, main toon running MQ2 and three toons not running MQ2.

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 26
  • after.png
    after.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 26
I was noticing some lag in the last couple weeks on my second box running 11 toons. Noticed the memory usage was over 1000 mb per toon. I use to run the same amount of toons on half of that memory. So after messing with everything and realizing that everything was already set at the lowest levels I decided to purchase the mq2eqwire and give it ago. I will say it did drop my memory usage down from 80% to 70%. Just wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing high memory usage lately. Attached before and after. Thanks.
Yes, very high. There is something fishy going on. Been touching 100% on cpu regulary now. Here is a odd one. Loaded up mq2fps and I'm down to my regular % of around 25% to 40% of CPU. Its like mq2eqwire isnt really doing anything, or not as much as it used to anyway. Has the license expired? Weird anyhow.... @Redbot @eqmule

I've noticed that in certain specific conditions (navigating up certain hills for example) with mq2nav, mq2nav will get stuck. Bringing it to the foreground briefly unfreezes it and I can then alt-tab back no problem. My macro keeps running - it just appears mq2nav gets stuck. I'm not using any FPS limiters or anything else that I can think of that would slow down the main loop or anything of that nature. Just curious if you might have some ideas here mule.

Is there a way to tell a window to start in wire background mode? Eg, you tell mq2login to log in your group, I've noticed if as each character finishes loading, the icon on the taskbar starts blinking, and if you click it, then click off - the other characters load a lot faster. Presumably it's my old Sandy Bridge era CPU (I keep waiting on the Ryzen 4650G to be available in the US). As a workaround I'd like an option that instead of mq2wire loading as if the window was in the foreground, have it load as if the window was in the background - then maybe I wouldn't need to click each window as it finishes loading in order to 'activate' MQ2Wire and have it lower CPU usage.

I am seeing the same problem as Cannonballdex. I just got this and I cannot load it on test. It has only ever been loaded through the launcher but the error that people have called out prior as trying to run the Live release version on Test is continually happening. How do I get the test version if the launcher is not installing it?

eqwire.png

MQ2EQWire is eqmule's latest creation. It lowers resource requirements by a significant amount.

Replacement for MQ2FPS / MQ2Viewport? I'd like to hear opinions.

It also looks really cool.
finaly sold one huh? lmao at redbot lifetime monitor

I downloaded the file from here and copied it into the test folder. how do i get the launcher to download eqwire, typically doesn't go grab it when launcher updates

I downloaded the file from here and copied it into the test folder. how do i get the launcher to download eqwire, typically doesn't go grab it when launcher updates
yes, you can't do that.

when you have test selected in the launcher it tells you.

eqwire is included and automatically downloaded into your test folder.

manually downloading the live file and putting it in your test folder is why you are getting that error.

1614093101715.png

I personally run this + make sure my eqclient.ini is set to CPUAFFINITY0=-1 (that is negative 1, "-1") for all instances. EQWire is fantastic!

so with 6 toons i have:

CPUAFFINITY0=-1
CPUAFFINITY1=-1
CPUAFFINITY2=-1
CPUAFFINITY3=-1
CPUAFFINITY4=-1
CPUAFFINITY5=-1
Hey Sic, just read this note. What does this do functionally?

I switched to MQNext and now I do not see this plugin in the launcher plugin window.
Is there something that I need to do to get this working in mqnext?

I switched to MQNext and now I do not see this plugin in the launcher plugin window.
next has a built in frame limiter which in many ways has improvements over eqwire

Framelimiter way better. WIth eqwire or mq2fps any reduction in render or fps has an impact on toon response and performance. With framelimiter you can set bgrender to 0 and your toon will perform as if its 60 with no delays no slow responses etc. The best part is it will use 0% of your gpu in the background. You can literally load an entire group and the only toon using gpu resources will be the toon that is active on screen.

Framelimiter way better. WIth eqwire or mq2fps any reduction in render or fps has an impact on toon response and performance. With framelimiter you can set bgrender to 0 and your toon will perform as if its 60 with no delays no slow responses etc. The best part is it will use 0% of your gpu in the background. You can literally load an entire group and the only toon using gpu resources will be the toon that is active on screen.

Is there a guide for this framelimiter? How do I set bgrender?

Plugin - MQ2EQWire [Deleted]
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back