• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Plugin - MQ2EQWire [Deleted] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have that set also but didn't see any difference. I have two folders. My main doesn't have that and doesn't run mq2eqwire but the box folder has both.

I've got this same issue popping up on the Test Server. At first I thought I really did put it in the wrong file but I tripled check and it is correct.
that error is when you're trying to load in a live version on test.

test should automatically download those plugins - you shouldn't be trying to replace them

that error is when you're trying to load in a live version on test.

test should automatically download those plugins - you shouldn't be trying to replace them
I wondered if that was the case. I donated and just clicked the download and followed the steps without further reading it. I'll get the test version back and go from there.

If you accidently install the live version, just go to the RedGuides Launcher and re-install Test.

How long do the sessions last if you unload the mq2eqwire plugin and play without it? Since you posted in this area something indicates to you that it is a problem with this specific plugin. So start by eliminating this plugin to prove that case. I also use this plugin but on a much different hardware platform and haven't experienced any issues with it. And you mention the games crash, can you take advantage of the option to email EQMule the crash dumps? That message normally appears when the game crashes for me.
I ended up reformatting my whole computer to get this to run right. Must have had a corrupt driver.

So for awhile now the stability of the RG vv has been quite unstable or so I thought, my clients were crashing without ever producing an error code, they would just lock up and I would have to end task on them. would be a random thing. and then last night i found the cause..... EqWire you bastid. I know its not much to go on, it doesnt produce an error code just freezes up, I have been running without error for 18 hours now. its a record cuz usually one of the toons locks up within an hour or so. its all random but never longer than a few hours before it freezes. an i'm talkin 6 toons frozen an dead .
I'll update if I have any crashes.
Update: it's now 7:30 pm an not a single crash. will continue to update. at midnight i will run the eqwire plugin an see how long before a crash occurs. as a side note, i always update plugins every patch.
Update: ok fell asleep, but woke up around noon, ran eqwire on all 6 ran smoothe till just now had 4 of the 6 crash, an i jus mean they froze produces no error they lock up.
Update: so we'll give trhe first crash a ?, because there was an update, restarted pc updated here we go again. all 6 have eqwire on. setting timer.
took 5 min but least it kicked off an error 1591478928799.png That was my sk crashing using mq2eskay.

Last edited:
So for awhile now the stability of the RG vv has been quite unstable or so I thought, my clients were crashing without ever producing an error code, they would just lock up and I would have to end task on them. would be a random thing. and then last night i found the cause..... EqWire you bastid. I know its not much to go on, it doesnt produce an error code just freezes up, I have been running without error for 18 hours now. its a record cuz usually one of the toons locks up within an hour or so. its all random but never longer than a few hours before it freezes. an i'm talkin 6 toons frozen an dead .
I'll update if I have any crashes.
Update: it's now 7:30 pm an not a single crash. will continue to update. at midnight i will run the eqwire plugin an see how long before a crash occurs. as a side note, i always update plugins every patch.
Thanks for testing Nite

Ok so after doin some testing, it does seem to crash after a random period of time. sometimes 1 toon sometimes 3 an sometimes all 6, but if i dont run eqwire only the chanter crashes an thats just ihc. other then that my toons dont crash.
it could be 5 min after loading or 2 hrs an then a toon will go down or a few.
No Errors are reported or popup when this occurs they just lock up an dont respond.

I'm having an issue after switching to EMU servers. I did a fresh load of mq2 emu version and now my average cpu usage is about 12-16% per character instead of what i used to get on live servers which was 5-8%. am i missing something for emu?

How about making it not load for just one character? I want use multiple monitors, but see my tank's screen running normally when I am using other programs.

How about making it not load for just one character? I want use multiple monitors, but see my tank's screen running normally when I am using other programs.
this is what i do

i have it autoload on everyone - then for my tank i do a /plugin mq2eqwire unload noauto this unloads it on that toon, but doesn't set everyone to have it unloaded next time they log into mq2

you could also get fancy with .cfg files - but i'm lazy

server_character.cfg Executed when a certain character enters the world
classname.cfg Executed when char of 'classname' enters world. e.g., bard.cfg
mapshortname.cfg Executed when you zone into this zone

I was wondering. I loaded this plugin and it switch to my primary (intel onboard) instead of my dedicated secondary (nvidia 1050) graphics card. Is there a way to fix this. I'm not a computer guru like may on the forms here so please if you can explain it like i'm a 5th grader, it would be awesome. Thank you in advance for your help.

I was wondering. I loaded this plugin and it switch to my primary (intel onboard) instead of my dedicated secondary (nvidia 1050) graphics card. Is there a way to fix this. I'm not a computer guru like may on the forms here so please if you can explain it like i'm a 5th grader, it would be awesome. Thank you in advance for your help.

You may need to re-apply GPU selections on your computer.

You would start with the Nvidia Control Panel and then choose Manage 3D settings. At this point you adjust things according to your preference for either high performance Nvidia or your embedded Intel GPU.

There is a "Global" option which is the easiest to configure. Or you will need to specify which GPU to use on a program-by-program basis. I have my Global option set to Nvidia because I'm always connected to the charger. Alternately you could choose to specify Nvidia for the 3 main programs associated with Everquest and MQ2. (macroquest2.exe, eqgame.exe, launchpad.exe).

Finally, just to complicate your life, recent versions of Windows 10 have taken this control away from the Nvidia Control Panel! If this is the case on your system, there will be a line of text on your Nvidia Control Panel that explains you need to open the "Windows graphics settings" and provides you a link to do that.

Then in that interface you would choose to run the same 3 executables in High Performance mode.

By itself I don't think MQ2EQWire has any impact on which graphics processor your machine is going to use once you've configured the settings I mentioned here. I maybe wrong on this but my laptop with both Intel and Nvidia GPUs works fine with MQ2EQWire once I specified the EXE files I mentioned.

One more thing to do (to confuse you even more than what Big Daddy said is you can start you EQ log in. But first on the first screen (where you select your account to load) look at the lower left corner and there should be a gear labeled Advance Tools. Click it and it will bring up the game settings for EQ. Here you can select your gpu card. This area will also let you select or deselect some game options.

For anyone that is using this and still seeing higher CPU usage then they want - I went all through this thread and found where I should set my foreground fps to 26 and background to minimal cpu. It took me for 100% to 50% CPU usage.

Hi there,

I'm getting serious flicker with any of my background windows. I've tried changing the bgrenderrate to no avail. What are the optimum settings for this?

Hi there,

I'm getting serious flicker with any of my background windows. I've tried changing the bgrenderrate to no avail. What are the optimum settings for this?
I run it completely "out the box" with no adjustments to bgrender rate or any other adjustments

Here's the flickering I'm seeing - has anyone else experienced this?

It only seems to be with windows that are not in focus.

I've tried disabling dynamic lighting, advanced lighting and anti aliasing per a suggestion I found on another forum, but this hasn't fixed the issue.

I've spun up a similar number of instances on a couple of other machines I have, so I think it's a setting relative to the machine I'm on. I'll do a bit more thinking :)

Last edited:
Ok, so interestingly, this appears to be SLI related. I'm running 2 x 1070. After disabling SLI, the frames freeze correctly (and alter correctly if I change the background rate.)

is there a way to toggle "background" windows using the plugin? it might be possible, i just can't find the command.
i've found situations where id want to be following two windows simultaneously (on separate monitors) but have the remaining clients using mq2eqwire.
i know some people run multiple groups farming in different places, so i'm guessing they use this plugin and are able to watch each group separately on different monitors.
with gms using /say now i dont want to get hit if im sitting in camp waiting for a spawn and have a gm put me on vacation because i was doing trades in commonlands

is there a way to toggle "background" windows using the plugin? it might be possible, i just can't find the command.
i've found situations where id want to be following two windows simultaneously (on separate monitors) but have the remaining clients using mq2eqwire.
i know some people run multiple groups farming in different places, so i'm guessing they use this plugin and are able to watch each group separately on different monitors.
with gms using /say now i dont want to get hit if im sitting in camp waiting for a spawn and have a gm put me on vacation because i was doing trades in commonlands
you would just unload it on that window - i usually unload it on my tank with a /plugin mq2eqwire unload noauto the noauto makes it unload but doesnt change the macroquest2.ini entry, so it will load next time i log in

you would just unload it on that window - i usually unload it on my tank with a /plugin mq2eqwire unload noauto the noauto makes it unload but doesnt change the macroquest2.ini entry, so it will load next time i log in
thank you! i didn't know about noauto

I run this with no modifications done and seems to work fine with 2-3 character's loaded on 3 PC. I do notice when the toons in the background return to camp spot, they look lost and cant find it.. Anyone have thoughts to correct this?

I run this with no modifications done and seems to work fine with 2-3 character's loaded on 3 PC. I do notice when the toons in the background return to camp spot, they look lost and cant find it.. Anyone have thoughts to correct this?
+1 to what @Robban said - the "fps" cycle is where "work is done" for eq - and if you have your background fps set too low, they won't be able to do work properly. eqwire makes it so you don't draw the frames, but the cpu cycles still happen so they're still able to process instructions.

based on your saying they look lost and cant find it - i would guess you have "min" for background fps ---- some folks can get away with 30, but i strongly recommend 60+ for background fps

Plugin - MQ2EQWire [Deleted]
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back