• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Plugin - MQ2EQWire [Deleted] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was able to load the plugin, but the foreground/background messages do not appear and i am seeing no CPU reduction.

My windows stopped rendering, but cpu and gpu remained maxed out. Any tips?

Last edited:
So, I sent this to eqmule in a PM about two weeks ago, but figured I'd add it here in case anyone has this problem. If you have pixels for spells turned up, the game seems to store every spell cast in RAM. After about 12 hours of a spell heavey group going at it, my clients started crashing unless I clicked on each client at least one to 'release' the stored spell effects.

It might have been fixed, and I really don't want to test it out again... but if you notice random crashes try lowering spell effect graphics.

So I have an issue where on one computer it works fine and on the other computer it doesnt seem to work at all. I've tried restarting the computer and loading /unloading the plugin any ideas?

Using ISBoxer, i have a primary window on one monitor and ISBoxer displays anywhere from 3 to 14 other accounts in small thumbnails on the other monitor. How does this plugin draw the graphics of the non-main but still technically visible ISBoxer small windows?

mmm I fixed my issue by copying all my config files from my working computers eq folder to the new computers eq folder so I dunno.

Using ISBoxer, i have a primary window on one monitor and ISBoxer displays anywhere from 3 to 14 other accounts in small thumbnails on the other monitor. How does this plugin draw the graphics of the non-main but still technically visible ISBoxer small windows?

It doesn't, the thumbnails show the last drawn screen on those viewports, they look like they are frozen when in fact they aren't.

Pretty sure this is causing my toons to randomly get booted by the game thinking they're afk for too long. It stops happening when i unload the plugin.

i cant get it to download I keep getting "This file does not have an app associated With it for performing this Action. Please install an app or if one is already installed, Create an Association in the Default Apps setting. page, I have no idea what its talking about

i cant get it to download I keep getting "This file does not have an app associated With it for performing this Action. Please install an app or if one is already installed, Create an Association in the Default Apps setting. page, I have no idea what its talking about
Right click the download link, choose "save as" and save it to your MQ2/Release folder.

I haven't bought this yet. Like @Sum1 I'm using ISBoxer and using it to display my background toons on a 2nd monitor. I also use ISBoxer's FPS limiting to set foreground at 60fps and background toons to 30fps. It appears that 30fps is about as low as you can go and still get decent /follow and /script usage.

I'd like those background toons to render at least 1 fps so when I look at them on the 2nd monitor they'd show an approximation of current activity. Is there a way to do this with MQ2EQWire?

Secondly, if I used MQ2EQWire shouldn't I change my FPS limiter to greatly increase the background toons to improve their responsiveness? Say around 45-50fps? I sometimes think that Kiss11 needs more CPU cycles to keep up.

It does come with an INI with the following default value in it.

[Default]
BGRenderRate=0

So my presumption (untested personally) is that changing that allows it to render some frames to allow you to view as you are asking.

At the bottom of the overview is the following.

Try before you buy:
MQ2EQWire is included for free in Very Vanilla Test Server.

Perhaps try it out on test server.

Since the most recent patch even using EQWire I'm at 100% CPU usage. Prior to this most recent patch and update I was sitting around 65-70% usage while running EQWire. No changes in terms of chars loaded, setup, or anything. Anyone else getting this?

Since the most recent patch even using EQWire I'm at 100% CPU usage. Prior to this most recent patch and update I was sitting around 65-70% usage while running EQWire. No changes in terms of chars loaded, setup, or anything. Anyone else getting this?
I’m seeing higher than usual cpu and gpu utilization, but mine started before the patch from the 20th/21st.

So I have an issue where on one computer it works fine and on the other computer it doesnt seem to work at all. I've tried restarting the computer and loading /unloading the plugin any ideas?
I'm getting that issue as well.
It's working fine on my thinkpad, but is not working on my desktop (i5-4670, Nvidia GTX 750). What are your specs?

Are you getting the messages "EQWire in front" "EQWire in back" any longer? What are your specs?

Last edited:
in eqclient.ini (everquest folder) changing

NetStat=0
to
NetStat=1

(or just pressing F11)

fixed MQ2EQWire on my desktop.

Last edited:
pressing F11 turns on the Hud (Head-up display). You have to hit F11 or /hud always

Confirmed MQ2EQWire does not work with out the HUD on. Below are MQ2 Hud Commands.

/hud [ normal | underui | always ]

Description
Defines how the HUD is displayed.
  • Normal
    • Above the EQ UI but will not be displayed if pressing F11.
  • UnderUI
    • Under the EQ UI and will disappear if F11 is pressed.
  • Always
    • The HUD will always be present above the EQ UI and will not disappear when F11 is pressed.

Last edited:
I'm getting that issue as well.
It's working fine on my thinkpad, but is not working on my desktop (i5-4670, Nvidia GTX 750). What are your specs?
?

I just had to reset my viewport and its all good now, that computer is nvidia gtx 1030 and 2 xeon e5-2430's

Any chance we can get an option to keep the chat windows up with this like it was before? I liked being able to see if I got a new tell or something on other toons without have to switch over to them.

Be aware that chat is one of the leading causes of high CPU usage/screen lag. You're not getting too much out of this plugin with the chat windows still running.

Be aware that chat is one of the leading causes of high CPU usage/screen lag. You're not getting too much out of this plugin with the chat windows still running.

It only shows the chat windows on the client system that was active when you tabbed out. All the other clients stay opaque in the background with no chat windows showing. In my case I'll gladly settle for the little extra CPU load for that one client so I can continue to read chat and tells. Plus there's another aspect to this. Many times you'll bring up the properties for an in-game item and want to jump to your browser and research it or the quest involved. It's much easier typing weird names and spelling when you can continue to see the EQ window with the item properties displayed.

Buzzed you said you used to have an issue similar to "the procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library" right?

@EQaddict is having a similar issue, and we're wondering how you fixed it.

Attachments

• self_load_error[1].jpg
    self_load_error[1].jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
After running the updater this fixed my issue and sorry to be a pain but I thought MQ2 was up to date or I would have checked that before asking.
Anyway all sorted now and I am very very happy with the plugin it working brilliantly. 10/10

Plugin - MQ2EQWire [Deleted]
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back